Epilogue

I've Got My Eyes On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

Dara

 

Through this test, I've learnt about love and how to cherish every single one in my life. One wrong decision could change your whole life. Take myself for an example: I regretted not hearing Jiyong out before I'd left for the States and as a result I had to go through long painful periods with Jaejoong, that erted creep. 

 

I've learnt to forgive and forget; let bygones be bygones. 

 

I persuaded Jiyong to join me with Kiko and Jaejoong at a nearby café to talk things out and at the same time to invite them to our wedding. "Dara-ah, are you kidding me?! After all these, you still want to meet up with them and hand the invitation to them?" Jiyong screamed. I pursed my lips as I tried to explain to him. "Shouldn't we forgive and forget? We should forget about the mistakes they had made, and instead we should confront them and be friends again! There's no point in hating them forever right? It'll only make us upset like that. Please........." I begged him.

 

'Ah whatever...' he shrugged. 

 

On the following Wednesday, Jiyong and I walked to the café down the street, hand in hand with our winter clothing, matching beanies and thick scarves. "I want a cup of hot coffee and strawberry cheesecakes..." I mumbled, already planning what to have later at the pastry shop. Jiyong tipped my nose playfully,"You little greedy pig!" 

 

I pouted as he grinned and chuckled at me. He lovingly took my icy cold hand and placed them inside his pocket. I giggled as we happily galloped down the streets like idiots. "Here we go.... Don't you dare to flare up later!" I warned. 

 

"Arasso, arasso. You've told me that like, a thousand times already?" I punched him in the arm and stepped into the café. "Over here!" Kiko raised her hand and called out for us.

 

I lightly smiled and dragged Jiyong along with me. We settled down comfortably and ordered our cakes and coffees and started chatting. "Look, I'm sorry for all of the bull I've done to you two. I'm really happy that you two had really ended up together. It must be fate that you two would never be separated!" she explained, trying to spice up the mood. "Uhh yea." Jiyong nodded coldly. 

 

I elbowed him as I proceeded to hand them the invitations for our wedding, while Jiyong was staring into space. "Suddenly even the white washed walls seem so interesting...." he mumbled softly. I rolled my eyes at him and hissed. 

 

"We have a piece of great news to tell you too! Guess what? You two are the first two people to know that.... Jaejoong and I are dating!" she grinned cheekily as I congratulated them. Oh, this is getting really awkward. 

 

"Uhh we have to go soon, for another gathering..." Jaejoong started. Whoops I didn't know that this meeting would end that quickly. Dang it, it's really sooooooooooooo awkward.

 

They stood up silently and bowed and hurriedly left. I slapped my forehead as Jiyong started to burst into laughter. I frowned and started hitting him. "Yah! Why are you laughing?!" 

 

"Stop it! Yah! Stop!!!" 

 

"The awkwardness was really funny, no?" 

 

I rolled my eyes at him as we continued eating our cakes. Out of the blue, Jiyong pointed to his lips. "What?" I asked carelessly, I was still chewing on my cake. 

 

"I want a kiss." he demanded childishly. WHAT?!

 

I leaned in casually and pecked him on the lips. "YAHHH YOU JUST GAVE ME THE COOTIES!!!!!!" He started jumping around with everyone else in the café looking at us in amazement. I blushed red down to the roots of my hair. "Yah stop! People are looking at us!" I hissed. 

 

He smirked as he looked at the amused crowd in the shop. "She gave me the cooties." He pointed at me. I wanted to die right there and then. I smacked him over the head and pulled him down to seat. The owner of the café, an old lady, was even giggling at Jiyong with amusement. Not able to take it anymore, I stormed out of the café, only to be surprised to see a cute little girl handing me a blue helium balloon. Then another boy passing me a red balloon. Indigo. Orange. Yellow. Green. Violet.

 

They all stood in a circle and pulled me over to the park nearby, leaving me there, full with curiosity. It was already nearing 7pm, the sky was getting darker, almost impossible to see clearly, leaving me in utter darkness. Suddenly the lamp posts lit up one by one. 

 

 

A familiar silhouette stood there with a single pink rose, my favourite colour. Tall. Slender. Muscles here and there. Wrapped in thick winter clothing. 

 

Jiyong?

 

He inched closer to me, whispered softly. "Hey babe...." My lips automatically twitched into a smile, I ran over to him and slammed him hard with a hug. "You idiot..." I was touched beyond words. 

 

"It's been a year ever since we dated... Do you remember?" I smirked. Obviously I remembered. 

 

I pulled a shocked look, then anxiously bit my lower lip. "Sorry.... I had forgotten...." His upturned lips crept down. "Oh nevermind.... We could still-"

 

I pressed my lips against his a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter