Fading away

Pain of Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 1 year

 

It has been 1 year but they can't still get over the day Dara drowned herself. It was a painful day to remember for everyone. They become over protective of her. Always in constant alert.

 

"Tokki!! Tokki!!" Bom shouting running around the house and panicking not finding Dara where she should be. The last time she checked on her, she was sleeping at the hammock facing the beach. She loves that spot. It never fails to calm her. But today is different. She was gone when Bom was only gone for 10mins helping Hyori cleaning the house.

 

"What's going on?" Hyori asked rushing to Bom.

 

"Omma, Dara's missing again. She was just at the hammock sleeping. I was just gone for 10 minutes." Bom said looking at Hyori's with tears in her eyes.

 

"Its's ok Bom. Will find her. Call the girls and tell them what happened. She's here somewhere." Hyori said and started running around the house as well yelling for Dara's name. Thinking maybe she can hear them but knowing she probably forgot her name and even if she hears them she won't respond to their calls.

 

After the day that Dara almost drowned herself it seems like her condition worsened. She can't remember what happened. No one can tell if she's trying to commit suicide or it was just merely accident only. They never asked anymore after a week that she insisted that she really can't remember. Weeks passed and Dara's memories are slowly fading sometimes she forgots who she is. There a bits and pieces that are coming back but it causes her so much pain also. It causes too much headache as she is confused whether the memories that are coming back are real or not. She believes it's her product of imagination since she loves to dream or imagine stuff.

 

Flashback

 

"We need to monitor her and see the progress of this disease. Some will take years before it gets to severe level but her case is different. Her recent memories are fading already and that's alarming. My advice is bring her to the facility where we take good care of all those who have this disease." Doctor Choi said.

 

"No. She will not go to institution Dongwook. I'll take care of here like I take good care of her mother." Hyori said. She promised to her Mother that if it happens to her daughter or to any of her children she will take care of them like she take good care of her.

 

"But Noona. Dad already passed away. I can only help as best as I could. I am still on the stage of learning more about the Alzheimer. I only know much but not enough like my Father. Soon Noona she will be like a child. She will forget how to use the toilet. She will forget to eat. She will forget everything noona. That stage is the worst stage and the institution can help us. Can you handle it noona? Can you handle watching her in that stage?" Dongwook said. Expasperated that he didn't listen to his father to learn this disease when he was alive and healthy. He met Dara. The first time he saw her was in hospital bed when she drowned herself. A young girl, so young and already suffering the worst disease that someone could have. 

 

"Dongwook, I will be forever grateful to your father for helping Eun-joo. We were able to get the best treatment at home because of your Father but we can't have Dara placed in an Institution. It will worsen more. It's better she have us around her. I promised her Mother and I promised her that I will take care of her and I will not break it. Please Dongwook. I will do the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter