Returned

He's a ert, and He Thinks I'm Gay

 

I didn’t had a good night sleep at all even after Daehyun sent me back to my dorm. The aftermath of the Principal’s announcement made me had a weird sensation all over my body and my head. In the end, I didn’t sleep a wink at all.

 

The horrible morning sunlight spilled into my room as Kimmy Bear pulled the drapes open. Mercilessly, she grabbed me by my hand and dragged me out of my bed. I lied when I said I didn’t sleep a wink. I did; and when I actually do, somebody has to wake me up.

 

“Argh, let me sleep for awhile more…” I mumbled, refused to get up.

 

“We’re running late! And we have to know which group we’re in for the exam! I certainly pray that I’ll be in the same group as you. Or maybe the hottie in class 63C. Man I’m excited.” She giggled to herself and ripped my pjs violently, then putting my uniform over my head.

 

“Wait, I haven’t wash up yet,” I said, finally standing up and dragged myself to the bathroom. The fresh water woke me up instantly and by the time we reached the classroom block, we’re already late. There goes another round of detention. Kim Bear was a wee bit earlier than me since she left me alone while I dressed myself up. She said I was too slow and she certainly don’t want to get into detention with me.

 

What a great friend I have.

 

Since I’m late, I didn’t bother running. It was Mr. Choi class anyway. His lectures are boring and redundant in our lives. However, before I could even slow down, the strictest teacher in the school caught me for being late and ran after me. I let out a string of beautiful curses as I ran all the way up to my classroom, missing the small notice on the side of the door and went in.

 

*Damn it, I should’ve taken a slight peek on my grouping before I came in. Blame that teacher. I don’t even know his name.*

 

Mr. Choi glared at me when I came in through the back door but resumed teaching. I took out my books and pencil case and pretended to listen to his boring lesson. My eyes glazed over the tiny words on the book and partially regretted why did I even take up history. So mundane… Boring…

 

The more I focused looking on Mr. Choi, the worse my vision gets – I’m seeing double. I blinked my eyes and yawned, too tired to even bother if Mr. Choi is looking at me as I placed my head down on my arms and took a short nap.

 

*~*~*~*

 

In my dream again, I saw Luhan. This time he was in the hospital, his bed just beside mine. At that time I was still having the deadly fever, my mind still fuzzy I felt really, really sick – like I’m going to die anytime. I cocked my head to one side and found him beside me.

 

His soft chestnut brown hair shined brightly under the hospital lights and still, with his eyes closed, he looked beautiful. His face was pale, his lips parched and a forehead bandage was wrapped around his head. Luhan’s chest rose up and down slowly but steadily; a sign that he was still living. His hands full of bruises dangled from his bed.

 

I shifted myself to the edge of the bed and touched his hand, entwining it with mine. His hand was masculine and yet soft at the same time. Warmth crept to my chest and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered wildly. “Luhan…” I said, barely a whisper.

 

I felt his fingers twitch ever so slightly and my heart palpitated. “Why are you here?” I asked like an idiot. But honestly, I don’t know.

 

Suddenly, the room temperature dropped drastically – no it was Luhan’s hand. He was so cold all of a sudden. My blood froze in my veins as I watched his chest stopped moving up and down. I watched as his soul disappeared right in front of my eyes, living me alone in the hospital.

 

*~*~*~*

 

 

“Yah! Wake up! Stop crying, god dammit.” Kim Bear jabbed my back, pressing hard enough to make me wince. I shot up and looked around, the classroom was empty and dang it, I was really crying. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

 

“Sorry, had a nightmare.” I said, packing up my stuff.

 

“I can see that. You’re going to be in the headlines tomorrow – Jung Heiress having a nightmare in class and crying like a baby.” She rolled her eyes at me. “Come on, we’re late for dance class.”

 

“Wait, I want to see which group am I in first before we go!”

 

“No time for that, young lady. I’m not going detention with you. We’ll see later, ok?” we walked out of the front door and squeezed past the crowd who gathered all the way here just to see the small little list. I sighed and followed Kimmy to our dance class.

 

*~*

 

Our dance instructor wasn’t here yet when we came and I gave a death glare to Kimmy. She returned back with a smile. “What? It’s better than being late.”

 

I changed my clothes and wore my dancing shoes. Our class of twenty slowly streamed in through the front door and amongst the crowd came in Instructor Kim. He is the youngest teacher in the S.M Academy and yes, he does have a fan club in this school.

 

Kim Bear suddenly grew all flustered and weird as she wiped the droplet of sweat off her forehead. We haven’t even started practicing and she was already perspiring. I followed her gaze and found that she was looking at Instructor Kim very intently.

 

Ah, yes. I remembered. She was also a member of his fanclub. Nudging her with my elbow, I whispered. “Warm up practice with him, aye?”

 

She grew red and slapped my hand hard. “Stop it, ok! Let’s warm up now.” She dropped her towel on the ground and went off to the front. I laughed and followed her. Instructor Kim counted the number of students before he started to blast the music for us to warm up.

Taking the position next to Kim, I stretched my arms. “I think you and him match up well, come to think of it, he isn’t that old.”

 

“You better stop before I kick your shins.” She warned but I continued.

 

“His height... hmmm interesting. Oh and you gotta love his voice.”

 

“Stop.”

 

“And his muscles…”

 

“Jung Eun Ji!”

 

“Kimberly...? Is there a problem?” Instructor Kim came forward to us. I saw Kimmy’s face so red until I swear there are steam coming out from her ears and nose.

 

“N-no, sir.” She replied.

 

Instructor Kim gave a slight smile and take his position in front of us. “All right! All of you gather around! I have something to say.”

 

We made a circle around him while he turned the music off with his remote control. “Somebody is going to join us for this dance class and I am sure you’ll welcome him warmly. Now, he lost his memories recently and his brain is very fragile. However, you guys should know him, he attended this school before.”

 

I wasn’t paying attention while he’s talking as I was busy teasing Kimmy. The excitement level in the class suddenly shot up as the newbie or maybe not so newbie came into the room. My mouth stopped moving when I saw the familiar figure walked in, his chestnut brown hair bounced up and down as he walked.

 

I stumbled back and slammed into the wall. My heart pounded so violently that I felt sick to my stomach. As the crowd parted, as if deliberately, for me to take a closer look at the new guy, the world spun.

 

My feet refused to move.

 

My mouth refused to speak.

 

The person standing right in front of me was my supposed first and last crush.

 

Luhan