THE MARRIAGE PLOT

I’M IN AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE WITH DONGHAE AND I AM JONGHYUN’S SISTER AND HIMCHAN LOVES ME AND TOP IS A VAMPIRE WHO WANTS MY SWEET NECTAR BLOOD AND REN IS PART OF A GANG THAT KIDNAPS ME BECAUSE HE WANTS TO KEEP ME AS HIS WOMAN SLAVE AND ON TOP OF IT ALL I A

I was going to have this up IMMEDIATELY but AFF was unavailable for a while. Here is chapter one!

 

You woke up to the sound of “Miracle” by UKISS playing on your alarm.

 

Wake up girl

Wake up

Wake up

Wake up girl

Wake up girl

Wake up

Wake up girl

Let me show you fantasy

 

You didn’t want to wake up. Today was your first day at your new school, Mordney Public High School, and you were really anxious and afraid because you weren’t very good at making friends. You’ve always been terribly shy and timid, despite your tenacity and wit that often impresses people as well. You’re just a walking contradiction, it seems, a certain kind of snowflake that can achieve all kinds of charm. But you didn’t think so because you also had very low self esteem and were blind to your own beauty and great personality. Because of this you often sell yourself short and underestimate yourself.

 

“Wake up, Mary! Aren’t you excited to start school and meet all your new friends?” Your twin brother, Jonghyun, skipped into the room with lots of energy. He was already dressed and ready and well-accessorized. He was much more confident than you and had no worries about making friends. He was quite popular at your old school, and you had no doubt that he would quickly rise to popularity at Mordney High as well.

 

In response to his chipper attitude, you groaned and pulled the covers over your head. He bounded over and ruffled your chestnut auburn ebony blonde hair. “Don’t be like that. Today’s going to be great. Besides, I heard Mom and Dad saying they had something to tell you at breakfast. You should hurry up and come down!”

 

With that, Jonghyun ran downstairs to eat because he loved food almost as much as he was short.

 

What did Mom and Dad want to tell you? You pondered it for a moment before finally getting out of bed and getting ready for the day.

 

When you stepped downstairs, your parents were waiting for you at the table and they both smiled at you. Your mother was beaming and your father was grinning a little uneasily. You were very curious about what they had to say, but they were silent as you sat down and began piling eggs and sausages on your plate. They waited until you had begun eating before saying anything.

 

“Ahem,” your father started.

 

You looked up at him curiously, sausage dangling precariously from your lips.

 

“Your mother and I have some big news to tell you,” he began, wrapping a large arm around your mother’s shoulders.

 

You blinked at them before sliding the rest of the sausage in your mouth, chewing it, and finally swallowing it. “Alright,” you said. “What is it?”

 

Your dad looked uneasily at your mom before saying, “Why don’t you tell her, honey?”

 

“Very well,” she complied before clearing . “Your father and I, well…”

 

“You know we always try to do what’s best for you, dear,” he inserted.

 

“Yes, and you’re practically a grown woman now, and, well…”

 

“Well, it’s only a matter of time before…”

 

“I mean, you’ll have to get out of the house someday.”

 

“And let’s be honest, that figure isn’t going to last forever.”

 

“Especially at the rate you’re eating those sausages.”

 

“Not that that won’t come in handy soon.”

 

Your mother elbowed your father in the side. “What he means to say, honey, is that you need to get married soon.”

 

You stared blankly at them. “But I’m only sixteen.”

 

“Yes,” your father said. “So, because you’re so young and can’t possibly make this decision on your own, we’ve decided to set it up for you.”

 

“What does that mean?” you ask.

 

“We’ve found a very nice young man for you,” your mom answered.

 

“He’s from a very prominent family.”

 

“And he’s so handsome!”

 

“Yes, quite the looker!”

 

“Well, who is he?!” you demanded.

 

“Lee Donghae,” your dad finally told you.

 

Suddenly, Jonghyun spluttered and coughed in surprise from the other side of the table. You had forgotten that he was even there.

 

“Lee Donghae?” he yelped.

 

“You know him?” you asked.

 

“Know him? I know he’s the most popular and most eligible bachelor at Mordney Public High School, and that he has chicks practically falling down at his feet. I planned to become his best friend, but if he’s dating my sister, that really makes things a whole lot easier!” He beamed at you and your parents.

 

“So you want me to date this guy?” You turned back to your parents.

 

“Sweetie,” you mother said. “We want you to marry him.”

 

“What?!”