Chapter One.

It's a Cycle of Life. [hiatus]

Selina Ren skipped up the steps that led her to school. The wind blew her long, black hair back. In front of Selina stood hundreds of students of her school. A quarter of them were in her grade. Selina recognized the slim, petite figures of her friends. at their usual meeting place. They were sitting there in their own worlds, listening to their Ipods.

Selina grew joyous over the memory of last year's last day of school...

Joe gathered up his signed yearbook, report card, and awards and headed out the door.  Selina hesitated a few seconds then stumbled quickly after him.

"Hey, um.. Joe," Selina greeted.

"Hey Sel, what's up?" Joe cocked his head and smiled his beautiful smile.

"Uh, nothing much... Do you want to go out with me this summer?"

"Uh... Sure, but not this summer. I'm going on a vacation for the whole holiday. Maybe next year."

"Uhh, what?"

"Ya, I'm leaving right now. Gotta catch a plane. See ya next year, Sel."

"Bye Joe," Selina walked closer to him.

"Hey yo, Joe!" Jiro's figure appeared in the door frame, "Came to say bye." Jiro hugged Joe. He seemed to just notice Selina's presence, "Oh hi, Lina."

"Hey, I got to go back and get more signatures, see ya guys." Selina ran back to the school. Jiro wrecked her moment! Joe said yes... or was it no? He said maybe! Selina couldn't wait to tell Stephanie and Joanne her news.

Selina walked back into the classroom and found all her stuff there, but her friends weren't. Maybe they went to get other signatures. Selina packed her yearbook and headed out the door again.

Even though that memory wasn't too good, she still liked it. Joe had answered with a maybe. That means half and half. Selina liked to think the glass was half full.

Selina had waited all summer to tell her friends, but she never seemed to get the moment. Maybe they should know her good (or bad) news. She ran to greet them.

"Hey guys," Selina pounced on Stephanie and Joanne, "I really missed ya!"

"Hi!"

"Hello."

Selina hugged her friends.

"Guess what," Selina asked.

"Let me guess..." Steph started.

"Jon said no?" Joanne asked.

"He said yes." Steph finished. They were both staring at her. Selina hated looking people straight in the eye, she turned and looked at the tree.

"Yes, and yes. He said maybe!"

"Is that a good thing? What if he backs out?" Joanne sounded worried. Joanne was a downer type, she thought it was half empty.

"And you know, I went out and asked him, he said he was going on a long summer vacation, so he wouldn't be able to go out during the summer. He said next year, which is today. I was gonna hug him or something, but then Jiro popped up. Which is good, right? No awkwardness?"

"Sounds good..."  Stephanie looked around the school grounds. "Where is that Joe of yours, then? Oh my god." Steph's long finger pointed at a tanned figure surrounded by girls. He was walking towards them.

"Wha?" Selina turned around. There was Joe, he was so gorgeous! He seemed to have grown half a foot during the summertime too. And where did all that muscle come from? His hair had grown longer and darker, too!

"Hey Sel," Joe greeted. "About that question you asked me last year. Yes,"

All the girls around him looked confused. Selina was surprised he remembered.

" 'scuse me girls. I'm taken," Joe laughed.

"Eek! By who?" Some tall girl with short shorts asked. She looked like she was gonna punch someone in the face. Her voice sounded innocent, though.

"By Sel," Joe waved. "See ya."

Joe walked to Selina and put his arm around her. Slowly the swarm of girls dispersed.

Stephanie and Joanne just sat there with mad grins on their faces.

"I never thought you'd remember.." Selina told Joe.

"Oh, I forgot, but Jiro reminded me. Then I remembered that I wanted to go out with you."

How did Jiro know? Selina wondered. She quickly shook the thoughts out of her head. It doesn't matter, as long as Joe said yes!

"So, how 'bout movies after school?"

"Sure, great."

"Oh, I gotta get to class, see ya, Sel."

As soon as Joe was out of sight Stephanie started talking.

"You were blushing like crazy! Wow, I can't believe I didn't know you liked him until a year ago! How long did you like him?"

"Uh..3...4... 3 and a half...," 

"To think we were childhood friends!"

"At least she told us," Joanne added. Joanne was in a daze, staring at the big doors.

"Well--"

The bell signaled the start of school.

"I'm going to class," Steph told them, and started walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry, this must have . To think I made the synopsis so deep, and now you get this. Haha. I'm gonna try updating everyday.