Chapter 3

Right There

Kyuhyun woke up with a splitting headache. He struggled to sit up from the sofa, still trying to figure out how did he arrived at Changmin’s place. It was then he heard voices Changmin’s room. Puzzled, he cautiously walked towards the door. That familiar voice, he could never fail to recognize. He turned the knob and pushed the door wide open. True enough, two pairs of eyes were staring at him in shock.

“So you have been here all along. And I thought this whole matter was entirely my fault.” Kyuhyun spat out while glaring at Seohyun. “This is not what you’re thinking about.” Seohyun replied flatly. “Yeah Kyu, don’t misunderstood.” Changmin said. “What else can I think about? My best friend and my wife are having an affair behind me?” Kyuhyun said angrily. Upon finishing his sentence, he received a slap on his face. “Don’t. Don’t even use the word ‘affair’. You had your fair share of affairs with other girls outside there. Don’t place me in the same category as you. It is an insult.” She said sternly. With that, she walked out of the room.

Unsatisfied without knowing what happened, Kyuhyun grabbed Seohyun’s wrist and pulled her into the guest room that Seohyun had used. Changmin immediately grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand, afraid something worse would happen. “Stay out of this.” Kyuhyun said as he shoved Changmin hands away from his arms. He then locked the door and turned to face Seohyun.

“Tell me, are you in love with him?” Kyuhyun demanded. “Can’t you understand? I think I’ve already explained clearly minutes ago.” Seohyun said blankly. “What are you doing over at his place? Staying over at another man’s place, don’t you feel ashamed?” Kyuhyun mocked. “Why? You can sleep around with other girls, and I can’t even sleep over at my best friend’s place?” Seohyun questioned him back. Kyuhyun got a shock at Seohyun’s answer, he did not expect her to know all these yet. “Isn’t this clear now, you left me because you wanted to be with Changmin. Then why did you marry me in the first place?” He shouted.

“Cho Kyuhyun, you make me speechless. After all these while, it seemed like my effort on you is a waste. You disappoint me so much. Aren’t you going to the law firm today? Let me help you shorten the process then, I will go with you right now.” Seohyun gave up. She knew there’s no turning back right now. Especially in a situation like this. She was hurt that at the end of the day, they had to end this marriage, but she did not expect it to end on such a note. She was so angry, there wasn’t any tears left to shed for this man.

“I’m not going to divorce you just to set you free for Changmin.” Kyuhyun finally said keeping silent. Seohyun sighed, “I’m not going to participate in this child’s play of yours anymore Kyuhyun. I’m sick of it, sick of the silent treatment you have been giving me. Sick of being paranoid having to check on your phone and crying over those messages girls have been sending you. Most importantly, I’m sick of our situation.” She said. Kyuhyun could hear that she was begging to be set free. He knew how much of a jerk he was to her after they lost their little one. A part of him wanted to let her go, knowing he should not let a girl like her to suffer any longer. But another part refused to, he was in love with her, the moment they got married, he knew it was her he wanted to be with for the rest of his life.

“Can..can we give ourselves another chance?” Kyuhyun said timidly. He knew he didn’t deserve this chance, but he wanted to fight for it anyway. “I’m sorry… I don’t want to go through all these anymore. What if a similar thing happened again? Will you abandon me just like what you’re doing now? I don’t have the courage to take up this challenge.” Seohyun replied. “I promise, I won’t. Please, just give me another chance. I will cherish it, I will cherish you.” Kyuhyun begged. From Seohyun’s facial expression, he knew she was fighting inside whether or not to give him another chance. He walked over and hugged her anyway. It has been a month since he’d hugged her and told her he loved him. He missed her scent and her touch so much, he scolded himself mentally for letting the woman of his life suffer so much.

On the other hand, the other guy stood outside their door, listening to their conversation. He was mentally prepared to for any outcomes that he would face. In any case, he would still be on her side.