Chapter 6

Right There

 

Two weeks went by quickly, besides visiting her parents and Kyuhyun’s parents and also catch up with her sisters, Seohyun spent most of her free time with Changmin, as they enjoyed dinner together and visited places that Seohyun missed going. She felt so happy to be home and with someone whom she’s familiar and close with. However, she knew she had to be back in Paris for another year of studies before she’s officially qualified as an interior designer. The day before her flight, she met up with Changmin again for a dinner at their usual bistro.

“Do you really have to go?” Changmin said disappointedly, looking down at his hands. “Oppa..we have discussed this so many times, I’m not gonna repeat myself.” Seohyun chuckled lightly. “But it would be another year of not meeting you. This is driving me crazy.” Changmin replied dully. Seohyun’s heart skipped a beat at Changmin’s words. She had no idea how this man, her best friend and confidant, could have such effect on her. “I promise I will call you once in a while. And also reply to your emails.” She looked at him in his eyes, waiting for a response. Sure enough, his eyes lit up and his mood brightened a little. “Pinky promise?” He said seriously. “How old are you! Three?” She laughed but still hooked his pinky. “I promise. When did I ever failed to live up to my promises?” She said. “Alright, I’m taking your words for it. If you failed to do so, you have to grant me a wish.” Changmin said.

“Fine…shall we enjoy our dinner now?” Seohyun said.

The next day came and Changmin, Kyuhyun and the rest of her friends came to send her off. She hugged each of them tightly while they gave her words of encouragement. When it came to Changmin, she smiled at him gently and chucked an envelope into his hands, before pulling him into a hug. “Don’t read this until I’m on board.” She whispered into his ears. He kept his curiosity in and said his goodbyes.

As he went into his car, he started the engine then took the envelope out from his pocket. He opened it carefully trying hard to minimize the destruction to the fragile paper, and finally managed to remove out the letter. On the pink paper, with Seohyun’s beautiful penmanship, it says:

 

Changmin-oppa…

It’s been ten years since I’ve know you, you’ve been through with me the toughest part of my life, giving me your fullest attention without asking for any repayment. For that, I’m deeply grateful. I often think about ways to repay your kindness and love, but I was too coward to put that in actions. However…today..I’ve decided it’s time. Letting my affection take over, I’m asking you to be with me for the rest of my life…

I will be waiting for you at the bottom of Eiffel Tower, on the very day we first met ten years ago, if you can still remember. Till then..please take care.

With Love,

Seohyun

 

A wide smiled gradually formed on Changmin’s lips. His heart was screaming out in joy and he wanted to shout out loud to the world that Seo Joohyun has finally returned his affection. All these years of wait was definitely not a waste.