Chapter 1

Right There

 

“Hey baby, I had fun tonight. Will I meet you again tomorrow night?” - J

She read, then put the phone back to its original place before he will even realize when he comes out of the shower. It was nothing new to her. All those late nights she spent in their room alone, waiting for him to return. Those tears that fell, and eventually dried on her face the next morning after she cried herself to sleep. The times where she was desperate to know what he have been doing, looking through his messages. She couldn’t take it anymore. She was sick and tired of this routine, knowing that there will never be an end.

He never talked to her after that incident. She knows it was hard for the both of them, but the comfort he was supposed to give, never arrived. Broken, she took her bag with a few pieces of clothing, and left the house.

She didn’t know what brought her here. Maybe this person is the only one who could provide her the comfort and understanding. He was always there for her, and at times, she wondered why she did not choose him in the first place.

“Seo, what are you doing here? What happened?” He asked as he opened the door. Looking straight through her tired and puffy eyes, he knew something happened. And it is definitely related to his close friend. Before he could get any answer from her, Seohyun lost her balance and fell. He caught her in time before she hit the ground.

The doctor came and prescribed her some medicine to calm her down. “Your wife is too stressed up. Try to let her relax her mind.”

He sat down beside Seohyun as he clutched her hands tightly. He didn’t know what had happened. But being close friends with her for years, he knew this must be something major to have upset her till this extend. Gently wiping away the tears that were slipping through her eyes, he pulled the covers up and went to the kitchen to prepare something for her.

“Seohyun-ah, you’re finally awake.” He said as he helped her up from the bed. “Changmin-oppa…” Before she could continue, was hot and stuck. She threw herself into his chest and hugged him so tightly. It was scaring him. “Shush…don’t cry. The doctor said you shouldn’t get too worked up. I’m here.” He whispered softly into her ears.

“Oppa..it’s over.” Seohyun mumbled between her sobs. “I can’t take this anymore. I’m tired. Please help me.” She begged. Changmin’s heart cringed at her words. However, he made no attempt to oppose her decision. He knew she must have been really hurt to come out with such a decision. This time round, he decided to support her, and stay by her side until she’s strong enough to stand up again. He caressed her hair gently and kissed the crown of her head. “I will support your decision, and will always be by your side.”

“Now..eat something before you take your medication, don’t hurt your body like that.” Changmin said as he took the bowl of warm soup from the side table. Seohyun obliged without retaliating. She was shocked by her reaction, but Changmin just had this power over her. She knew she will be alright as long as he is there giving her advice.