Effect of Jealousy

The Love Story of Two Brothers

After that time, Sungmin and Gi became closer while Eunhyuk and Minjae was still what they were before, it's just that something is both bothering them.

_ _ _ _ _

"Are you free today?" Sungmin asked to Gi over the phone.

"Sorry but I have to go somewhere." Gi replied as she walked in the bus.

"Oh... Is that so... I have something to tell you actually... Maybe I'll just tell it to you some other time then." Sungmin said.

"Oh... You could tell it to me right now." Gi said as she sat.

"No. It's better telling you face to face. Well, maybe this Saturday, are you free that day?" Sungmin asked.

"Ah... I think so... Ok. I'll clear my schedule that time so I could meet you." Gi replied.

"Oh... Ok. Thanks." Sungmin said.

"I'll hang up already." Gi said.

"Ok. Bye." Sungmin said and Gi ended the call.

_ _ _ _ _

"Oh, there she is! Gi, here!" Gi was called over by her friend. Gi smiled and walked towards them. When she reached their table, she saw Eunhyuk got a glass of wine and drank it all. Gi gasped. She was sure then that Eunhyuk will get drunk. She took a seat in the table and greeted her friends.

It was their high school class reunion. It's just that they are few since some are busy that day while some changed their numbers and was unable to be contacted already.

"Are you and Eunhyuk together now?" A friend of them asked and all attention shifted to them. Eunhyuk suddenly stopped drinking his wine and turned his look at Gi who obviously turned red after hearing what their friend said.

"Yeah. Are you two together? You two are really close back then." A friend of them said.

"Of course. We are still friends like before." Gi said but deep in inside, she wants to say how she hope for them to be together.

The truth is Gi had liked Eunhyuk since they were in highschool. It was hard in her part when they became best friends. They became best friends because they were partnered in almost all school activities such as their Junior and Senior's Prom. With it, they grew close and also, they were seatmates in all subjects. There was no subject they were not with each other. Eunhyuk trusted him more than his guy best friend, Donghae and Junsu. Eunhyuk once declared that they were best friends to Gi and it was hard on Gi's part to decline because she's afraid she'll hurt Eunhyuk when she says that she can't accept the friendship he is saying. How she wished she just liked Donghae, Eunhyuk's best friend, who confessed to her in their high school years but she rejected him because she knows she'll just hurt Donghae once Donghae knew that she likes his best friend. But still, Donghae knew what Gi's feelings towards Eunhyuk but kept quiet about it.

They played games such as truth or dare, spin the bottle and who will drink the most.

"The one who can drink all the twenty glass of beer can ask anything to the opponent. Game?" One of their friend said. Majority agreed so Gi couldn't complain anymore. She's just afraid Eunhyuk will be one of the players to do it. Eunhyuk looked over Gi then smirked.

"I'll do it." Eunhyuk said raising his right hand quite drunk already. Gi gave him a glare.

"He'll not do it." Gi said.

"I'll do it. Don't listen to her." Eunhyuk said.

"Oh... Love quarrel." One of their friends commented.

"He won't do it and it's final." Gi said.

"Yah! Stop interferring, ok?!" Eunhyuk said to Gi with quite a loud voice. Gi was surprised with the sudden rise of Eunhyuk's voice. Well, all did. She just bit her lower lip and looked away.

"I'll oppose him." Donghae said raising his right hand.

"Ok then. Eunhyuk and Donghae will do it." One of their friend said.

The two sat facing each other and forty glass of beer was in front of them, twenty for Eunhyuk and twenty for Donghae.

"Don't worry, Gi. I'll make him stop when I know he should." Donghae said as he held Gi on the shoulder and give her a assuring smile. Gi smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." Gi said. Donghae nodded and faced Eunhyuk again who just smirked.

"Let the game begin." One of their friends said.

"Game? What kind of game is this? Aish. Eunhyuk, please don't do it already." Gi thought.

Eunhyuk and Donghae looked at each other and both grabbed a glass of beer at the same time. After they both drank the first glass, they drank one glass again. They drank until ten glass was already finished. Their friends were cheering either for Eunhyuk or Donghae. Gi just prayed both of them would stop this game already. Now, fifteen glass were already finished and Eunhyuk seemed to be really drunk already while Donghae was still cool. Well, Donghae doesn't get drunk right away. Maybe drinking more than twenty will get him drunk. It's also why Gi believed in him. Donghae, seeing how Eunhyuk was drunk already and seeing Gi worried already, he decided to stop the game.

"I won. Eunhyuk is already drunk." Donghae said.

"Yah! I'm*hiccup* not *hiccup* drunk still." Eunhyuk said between his hiccups.

"You are. So I'll bring you home already. Guys, we'll go home already. This guy here is surely drunk." Donghae said standing from his seat and walking beside Eunhyuk. Donghae already grabbed Eunhyuk's arm but Eunhyuk shove his hand away.

"I'm still ok. Also, I don't want to go home still." Eunhyuk said drunkily. Donghae just shook and grabbed both arms of Eunhyuk tight.

Eunhyuk tried to shove Donghae's hand away but Donghae's grip is so tight and he don't have much strength already. Donghae successfully got Eunhyuk and dragged him out to his car. Gi followed behind them. Donghae put Eunhyuk at the back seat and closed the door turning to Gi.

"I'll give you a ride home also." Donghae offered then smiled. Gi nodded and smiled. They both entered the car.

Along the ride...

"Why did you have to say that even though you're being hurt inside?" Donghae asked not removing his eyes on the road. Gi looked down.

"I know I'll be hurt. But I'll hurt more when Eunhyuk turns me down." Gi said looking down feeling a tear fall from the corner of her eyes.

"Didn't you think even once that Eunhyuk might also like you like how you like him and he is just waiting for the time you'll confess to him?" Donghae said. Gi thought about it but then, she remembered about Eunhyuk and Minjae being together.

"That wouldn't happen. Eunhyuk has a girlfriend, you know? If he likes me, why would he be together with other girls right?" Gi replied.

"It's because he can be stupid and that one is one of the cause of his stupidity." Donghae said that made Gi turn to him.

"Yah! I'm not stupid!" Eunhyuk suddenly said with quite a loud voice. Gi looked at Eunhyuk.

"Don't worry. He won't remember this tomorrow. He's drunk, remember?" Donghae said. Gi just sighed and looked out the window.

"But still. There's a possibility he will." Gi thought.

Not long after, they arrived at Gi's house. Donghae parked his car in front of Gi's house and both of them went down the car.

"So, see you some time then." Gi said. Donghae nodded.

"Don't let your heart suffer more. You know I'm hurt as well right?" Donghae said then chuckled. Gi just smiled.

"I'll try not to." She replied and smiled.

"Ok then. Good night. I'll just bring this guy home." Donghae said looking at Eunhyuk who is sleeping at the back seat. Gi nodded. Donghae then went in his car. Gi stayed out until the car is already far from where she is. She sighed as she opened their gate and went in.

_ _ _ _ _

So how was the first four chapters? Please leave a comment for me to know. Thanks!