Chapter 10

Static
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Comments please, I'm not getting enough.

Kibum had never thought that night could be so dark.

He could remember a period from his childhood where he was just a six year old boy with a head full of wild imaginations. One night a monster would be hiding in his closet, the next there would be a dragon outside his window and the only way to make them disappear was if there was a light on. But thinking back now, there had never been anything to be afraid off because his parents would be in their room down the hall chatting, which he had always been able to hear their murmured voices, and his door was left open, letting in light from their room. So even if they weren’t there with him, he’d always known that they were protecting him from whatever there was to be frightened of. Only now, he really did have a reason to be scared, and they weren’t there for protect him.

Kibum lay in his parent’s bed, curled up into a ball and hugging his mother’s pillow tightly as a storm raged outside. Since it was raining and there were dark clouds covering all the stars and the sun, it made the house almost a hundred times darker. The thunder shook the windows and the howling wind blew through the trees, causing branches to scratch against the house as if it was the dragon trying to come in. When lightening light shot through the sky and lit up the room for a brief second, Kibum could have sworn he saw a shadow moving outside. It scared him senseless and made him think that there was someone out there trying to get in.

Crack.

A jolt of thunder shook the house, sounding like a boulder shattering into a million pieces, and Kibum let out a sob of fear, clenching his eyes shut tightly. Sweat covered his body, overheating from being so worked up and the humidity level from the storm, but he didn’t dare move the blankets from around his body. He could still breathe in the scent of his parents, and even though it didn’t help to calm him, somewhere in his mind he was thinking back to his childhood because of it, wishing they were there to save him.

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

Kibum’s breath hitched in his throat and a shiver rolled down his spine; there was something out there. He quickly sat up and his eyes darted around the room, unable to actually see anything because of how dark it was. He instinctively gulped, his mouth dry and his throat parched, and let the blankets drop from around his shoulders, showing off his half wet with sweat t-shirt that clung to his body.

“Um-Umma? Appa?” He whispered in a trembling voice as the house creaked. He squint his eyes, swollen and burning from crying so much, and peered at the door nervously as he heard something move in the foyer. His heart pounded wildly in his chest and his breaths came out erratic as the floorboards in the hallway creaked closer and closer. Panic filled his body as he crawled to the end of the bed and set his feet on the floor, almost expecting something to grab him and pull him under the bed. He looked around quickly for anything he could use to defend himself, but it was too dark to see anything.

Creaaak.

Kibum stood up quickly as the door swung open. A crack of lightening lit up the room, revealing a quick outline of someone standing in the doorway. Whether it was because he was having a heart attack from the fright or because he’d stood up way too quickly, Kibum toppled to the ground as darkness invaded his mind.

When h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter