Chapter 8

집 - Home

~

 

 


    Krystal slowly opened her eyes.
    It was still dawn, but was dry, crying for water. She cautiously got up, trying not to wake up either her Grandmother nor her bodyguards. She tip-toed along the hall but froze as she got to the living room. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she saw the whole scene in front of her.
    Jack was laying on the floor, unconscious, his body except for his boxers. Krystal didn't even have time to admire his chiseled body, she was too shocked with how bad he was looking. Johnny and Joe were by his side, supporting him while some man Krystal had never seen before was bent over Jack's head, checking his eyes or something. Her eyes followed his body, until she reached something she... probably shouldn't have seen. Blood was all over Jack's leg, clotting up from a very bad-looking round-shaped wound. Krystal took a step back, stumbling and hitting with her shoulder on the open sliding door. Everyone noticed her by then.

    "Wha...," She couldn't find any strength all of a sudden within her to speak. Nonetheless, she tried. "Wha—What happened t-t-to him?!"
    Johnny jumped to get on his feet and ran to Krystal to cover her eyes. "Please don't look, my Lady. It's not a very pleasent scene." He then turned to the man in a white cloak, "Go on, doc." They seemed to know each other, seeing how he treated the doctor so informally.
        
    Krystal didn't want to go away, when she felt herself being pushed away from the scene by Johnny, though at the same time she wanted to close her eyes and think of it as a dream. No. As a nightmare.

    And that's exactly how she remembers it. As she woke up again on the morning—late for school again—, she was surprised (or relieved?) for not finding anything related to what she had dreamed. The living room was imaculated, as if nothing had really happened last night. The dining table was back on its usual place—she just remembered how she didn't recall seeing it at that time.
    So she shrugged it off. And hurried the pace of her (self-)morning chores, jumping to the back seat of her car as soon as she finished them. Only then she made sure she had brought everything with her on her bag. She sighed, trying to cover her bad dream about Jack with the happy talk she had had with her Father by phone just the night before.




    Krystal was flicking on her mobile phone, lost in her thoughts as she waited for her friends to finish their lunch. She couldn't help it; even if she was sure it was a dream, she was still worried over Jack, thinking if she should send him a text or not. Jack should be with her Father by now, in California. And if she got to see the text she would have sent, he would burst out laughing and, immature as he is, he would use it to mock Krystal for the rest of her dear life. Just because she worried about him.
    
    "Are you alright?" Ji Eun waved right in front of her nose, startling her.
    Krystal glanced at her, putting her phone back on her pocket. She smiled casually, "Yeah," She carelessly ran a hand through her hair and turned to Jin Ri, "Finished?" Both girls in front of her nodded. "Then let's go!"

    The three girls got up, each one with a tray on their hands. Krystal was following them behind when Amber, who was sitting alone in one of the tables around the canteen, suddenly grabbed her skirt, lifting it up.
    
    Krystal squealed, surprised, somehow managing not to drop the tray nor whatever was on it—the glass fell either way. "Amber, you scared me!"
    Ji Eun glanced at Krystal as she turned the tray to one of the ladies, "Is everything okay?" Jin Ri also looked at Krystal.
    Amber laughed at Krystal's reaction, her perhaps naughty hand back with the chopsticks to feed herself. "Sit," She motioned with her head to the seat in front of her.
    Krystal glanced at both girls that were already by the door and told them, "I'll stay here, don't wait for me!" She then turned to Amber, and as she sat in front of her, she asked, "Why are you eating alone?"
    Amber shrugged, "I always have." She put a huge portion of rice on , and chewed it before continuing, "I guess no one likes me here," She laughed. It seemed sincere, though.
    "Everyone talks so well of you..."

    Krystal slowly lost her gaze as she observed the girl in front of her. Even though she seemed a mannerless girl eating—almost like a boy, Krystal thought—, she still managed to look dazzling. Her cheeks filled up with food, Krystal discreetly giggled at how cute she looked. Amber took notice of this and looked up at her, raising an eyebrow.
    
    "What,"
    Krystal only shrugged, hiding a smile. "Just hurry up with that, I want to go outside."
    
    Krystal looked away, once again avoiding Amber's intense stare. It made her feel really uncomfortable and she had no idea why.
    
    "Stop looking at me!" In no time she felt her face getting hotter, ending up covering it with both her hands.
    Amber laughed, finishing her lunch. "Come on."
    
    "Are we going somewhere today?"
    "I really wanted to save this one for the Winter..." Amber mumbled, as both walked side by side to Amber's hiding place—now their hiding place.     "What is it?"
    "No, wait! I do have a better idea—!"    
    "Aish, just tell what is it!" Krystal hit Amber lightly on her back.
    Amber playfully glared at her, "That hurt," But as soon as she saw Krystal's apologetic look, she laughed. "I was kidding okay?"    
    They both sat on the ground, awkwardly staring at each other. "So," Krystal looked around to find something to play with, encountering just a few sitcks from the trees around. "What is your better idea?"
    Amber cocked her head at Krystal, "We might as well as go see the cherry blossoms. It's about time, I think."
    Both stayed silent for a while, with Amber looking at Krystal as if waiting for an answer. Krystal looked up. "Am I supposed to know what's that?"
    "I was expecting at least a reaction from you—wait. Did you just mean you don't know what cherry blossoms are?"
    Krystal shook her head, moving around to get her phone, to google it, pouting when she found she had no wireless where they were.
    Amber shook her head as well, in disaproovement. "You don't know what you're missing..."


 


A/N: Ok, I'm deeply sorry I took this long to update. I have to say that review I received completely demotivated me. But it's true, it's full of errors, typos and the story isn't even clear so far. I decided to not change anything from the 7 chapters posted until now, but that I will work harder on the future chapters, as I did with this one.

I have now a major motivation to continue this story, seeing how many people voted the 'finish the others first' option :D

Thank you so much, and I hope I didn't disappoint any of my 65 subscribers! Thank you so much to those who subscribe, read and comment ! :)

See you around~