Chapter 1

집 - Home

 

~

 

 

            "But there's something I don't understand," Frank shook his head. "How did they find out about her?"

           

            It was late night and the room where they were, Frank's office, was pitch black except for the weak yellow light coming from the lamp on his desk. Jack sighed and leaned on the desk, supporting his body with his elbows.

           

            "They knew you had a daughter, so they must have followed her."

            "Everything was going so fine..." Frank whispered.

            "But they didn't approach her, Johnny and Joe were always with her." Frank hit on the desk.

            "Change schools."

            "I'm afraid that's not enough."          

            "What do you mean?" Jack had all his boss' attention.

            "I thought of a plan." Jack got back to his first position, putting his left hand on the front pocket of his perfectly handcrafted italian suit, and grabbed a picture frame from Frank's desk with his right hand.

            "Go ahead." Frank took a while to answer. Jack was playing with the frame, flipping it to the left and then to the right, left, right. Left, right, until he stopped. With a fast movement he put the picture frame right in front of Frank's eyes.

            "Send her back there." He placed the frame on the desk, right below Frank's head. "That's where part of her belongs anyway." Jack shrugged. "It's the least you can do if you want her safe until this stupid, meaningless war is over.

           

            Jack stood there for a while, but seeing how his boss wasn't answering, he quietly made his way to the door and left the dark, silent room.

           Frank looked down, with his hands still supporting his head. He fixed his eyesight on the picture, where an old asian woman in a traditional hanbok was seen holding a baby. He sighed and turned off the lamp, emerging in absolute darkness.

 

*

 

            "So now tell me," Krystal took a deep breath. "Why did I wake up in an airplane?"

            "I'll explain to you later." Jack was leading the way out of the airport while Krystal's bodyguards, Johnny and Joe, were pushing all the suitcases.

            "You said that twice already!" Krystal stopped walking and was about to lose her temper.

           

            Jack glanced back while texting on his phone and noticed how Krystal was far away from them, frowning at them. He rolled his eyes and approached her. He took off his sunglasses and grabbed her arm.

           

            "Later," he said, gritting his teeth and shaking her. "I'll tell you later." He put a hand on her back and pushed her, against her will.

            "I demand—" she started, raising her voice.

            "Quiet." It was obvious he was trying to control himself. "Will you please be quiet?"

           

            He was now pulling her by her hand. Since it was a week day, there weren't as much people there, so as soon as they stepped out of the airport, they got in a taxi.

           

            "Joe, get in. Krystal, you go in the middle of them." Jack opened the passenger door for him as he gave those orders.

            "No." Krystal crossed her arms and didn't move.

            "What no?" Jack was going crazy. "Shut up and get in, Krystal. I'm very busy, I need to get back to America as soon as possible, so please—"

            "I want to go by the window," she stated, still angry.

 

            Jack was desperate. He told Joe to get out and then kindly pushed Krystal inside, faking a smile. She stuck her tongue out and got in, moving to the seat behind the taxi driver.

           

            "You're such a kid..." He got in as well and greeted the driver.

            "It's not like you're much older than me, so..."

            "But I'm not as childish," he said, turning to her. She was about to answer back when the taxi driver spoke, with a strange accent.

            "Where to?"

            "Bukchon, please."

 


 

A/N: Okay, I wasn't expecting so many subscribers/views, really! Most of you are KryBer fans so, this might disappoint you, but the first chapters are only going to be about Krystal and how she gets used to her life in Korea. 

I had no idea this chapter was so small, really ;~~; Sorry about that! Will work on bigger as soon as I have the time to. :)