Living a Dream

A Fate Changed By A Backstage Pass

 

“She’s my lover.”

The room was silent as Kevin’s words sank in. Then, all at once, there was confusion. People started asking what was going on, when did we get back together.

I twisted my hand free from his. “We broke up! What are you talking about?” I asked him accusingly.

He just looked at me, “This was the only way…”

“The only way for what? I don’t see how this helps with anything!”

Kevin fell silent.

Was I too harsh? Did I hurt him? I didn’t wish to hurt him. I extended my hand to him. “Hey, Kevin…”

He suddenly grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the office. Behind us, I could hear a heated discussion going on.

“Kevin! Hey, Kevin! Slow down!” I stumbled, trying to keep up with him.

He ignored me. Soon, we arrived at a dance studio. Kevin closed the door behind us and locked it.

He turned around to face me. I braced myself for a lecture from him.

But he didn’t lash out at me. He just said quietly, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

I looked over at him quizzically. “Tell you what?”

“The reason we broke up. You never told me. I had to ask your friend.”

“Oh. That… uh…”

He took big strides towards me and hugged me tightly. “Do you have any idea how hurt I was?”

Before I could say anything, his lips were on mine. They pressed down onto mine, hard and urgent.

I was frozen in shock. Then, instincts took over my mind and I started kissing him back. How long have I wanted to taste these lips? And now…

My mind, which was empty in the duration of the kiss, seemed to snap back to reality and I realized what was going on. I pushed Kevin away, gasping for air.

“Do you have any idea how hurt I was?” he repeated his question again, looking into my eyes.

I couldn’t say anything. I didn’t have to. All the hurt contained in Kevin, all the hurt he received because of me, all the hurt was evident in his voice. In his actions. In his kiss.

My heart gave in to those feelings. I reached out and hugged him tightly. “Oppa, I’m-”

I was cut off by a choking sound coming from the back of my throat. Before I knew it, I was bawling like a baby. I sank to my knees and sat on the floor, covering my face with my hands as I sobbed.

Kevin sat down beside me. He continued holding me, rubbing my back and saying some soothing words I couldn’t quite make out.

“I’m sorry oppa, I didn’t want to hurt you. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to be with you, but…” I started crying again. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s ok now, we’re together again. So don’t worry ok? Everything’s gonna be fine,” he held me closer.

We remained in that position for awhile, Kevin holding the crying me. After awhile, I stopped crying and started hiccupping.

“You’re still as cute as always~” Kevin teased.

I pouted. “You’re cuter.”

He laughed. Then, his face suddenly turned serious. “Let’s… forget about the kiss just now. That wasn’t how I planned our first kiss to be.” He looked slightly upset.

I giggled at his expression. “I won’t consider that our first kiss then… but there’s no way I’ll forget that.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

He leaned down slowly, like that time at the zoo. His face, his lips, they were only inches from mine. I closed my eyes and leaned forward.

It was different. Entirely different from the previous kiss. This one was soft and gentle. Sweet. I reached up my hands and played with Kevin’s hair, and I could feel his hands resting lightly on my waist, tracing invisible patterns with his fingers.

A loud banging on the door surprised us. We jumped away from each other.

“Kevin Woo! Are you in there? Why is the door locked?” Soohyun shouted from the other side of the door.

“Ahh, hang on…” Kevin stood up and rushed to open the door.

The 6 U-Kiss members burst into the dance studio. “What’s going on?” Hoon asked, looking confused.

AJ said, “The CEO said we’re gonna reveal your relationship to the public, if you’re ok with that.”

Kevin just smiled. “Yeah, I was planning to anyway.”

“Anyway… what happened? I thought the 2 of you had broken up?” Dongho scratched his head.

“About that… well, we’ve gotten back together now. That’s all that matters,” I laughed off the confused glances I got.

“Are you guys leaving Korea already, then? Now that everything’s settled?” Eli asked.

“I guess so… school’s starting in a week’s time,” my friend sighed.

“Then we’ll book your tickets~ meanwhile, let’s enjoy whatever time we have left in Seoul!” Soohyun chirped happily.

 

2 days later, we found ourselves at Incheon International Airport, about to leave Korea.

“Oppa, let’s meet again soon ok?” I hugged Kevin tightly.

He hugged me back and laughed. “We’ll meet in our hearts, don’t worry.”

I laughed. “That’s so mushy.”

He smiled, leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

“Flight 601 is ready for boarding, passengers please enter the boarding gate now… I repeat…”

“Oh, we have to enter the boarding gate already?” I pouted.

“Don’t worry, I’ll visit you soon ok?” Kevin kissed the top of my head.

“Ok,” I smiled at him.

I turned to find my friend, to see her and Kiseop hugging each other. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the boarding gate, waving goodbye to U-Kiss.

I was really lucky, now that I thought about it. Meeting U-Kiss. Becoming friends with them. Having one of the members as my boyfriend. And all because of a backstage pass I couldn’t get my hands on.

I smiled to myself. I truly was blessed.

I raised an eyebrow at my friend. “Since when were you and Kiseop…?”

She laughed. “That’s another story.”

 

--------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hey guys! So, this is the final chapter of my very first fanfic. I hope you guys have enjoyed it^^ I'll be writing more fanfics like this in the future, so do look forward to it!

I also wanna thank all my subcribers and readers for the support I've received from you guys. I LOVE YOU <3

 

You can read the side stories related to this story here: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/218013