Places That you Can Write in your Story

Ways of Writing a Successful Fanfic/Story

Places can be also important when writing a setting, it also depends on the emotion, mood, and category. Be sure to know where your setting the story to give out a better visual image while the words play in your mind. If it helps you better, be sure to even have the picture by your side and describe it while looking at the image in front of you.

Romantic places have to be somewhere, where you can express the feeling of love, somewhere peaceful and beautiful. It can be from the cheesiest places such as the beach, to the highest room in a luxurious tower. When explaining, you want to show the beauty of the place by using clean, persuasive adjectives, making the reader think of it as a place where they would like their romantic place to happen.

Action has to a place where people mainly go into fights, somewhere, where no police could be in reach. A place where it's dark and mysterious, some place where the villians will mostly be found in. Describing it has to be dark and eerie, somewhere where all the bad things may happen, of course, those places should be used whenever writing a story about abuse, , kidnapping - All of the negative stuff.

If you want to describe or use a place where it's like the common street fights. Places such as alleyways and under large bridges suit best.

Comedy is mainly everywhere. It's not really important when choosing a place for a comedy-related story. If you want to choose a place with comedy though, I suggest choosing a normal setting with a twist in it. Such as a funny confession scene where the boy is finally manning up to confess to a really cute girl. As he approaches the girl, he accidentally slips in a puddle of oil left by the cooking class. (The more humor, the better)

Something along those lines is what's suitable to set a comedy story in. Do not use dark places, unless humor or sudden plot twists are used properly.

Abuse is somewhere deserted, where no one can notice you. Relate that to the earlier explanation for action. 

For example:

She screamed as the man pushed her unknowingly into the old, shady building. Taemin heard his favorite girl's cry and snapped his head to look over to the daunting pale building.

 

Sad themes are usually in hospitals or empty places when having a serious talk about their relationship. Think about rain and anything depressing that makes you sad (cliche, but hey, it works). A way to add more emotion is to allow the character to have flashbacks at certain places where they've spent happy times with their loved ones. This will build up emotions for the readers where the tension is thicker. Any place(s) that look beautiful but holds countless memories is a great thing to take advantage of.

For example:
Changjo stopped in front of the familiar park as rain showered over him with his clothes sticking onto him like a second layer of skin. He could remember the faint memories of him playing with his loved one here when they were only kids. He watched his younger self run after the girl who he's supposed to be visiting currently, reacting when he saw her trip and fall onto her knees with tears rolling down her cheeks. Oh how he wanted to run up to her at that time to wipe way those tears. 
He looked away, now wondering if those were his tears or the rain droplets trickling down his cheeks. "I miss you so much Rainne..." he whispered as he looked over to his left to see the pale white building of the hospital standing.

 

Here are a few setting/places that you can use. Test them out by describing the place and time, add some emotion into it and a bit of adjectives to spice things up.

  • Sandy beach (Day Time)
  • Alleyway
  • Abandoned building
  • Hotel
  • Reserved Restaurants
  • Reserved parks
  • Private beach
  • Parks with Sakura Trees blooming
  • Beach (Night time)
  • Couple events (e.g Candle lighting in town square)
  • Movies
  • Hospital (Emergency Room)
  • School Campus
  • Karaoke Bars