Encouraging your Staff

Ways of Writing a Successful Fanfic/Story

We all know that while working, not everyone likes to do what they're supposed to be doing. I also know how you feel when I have to manage my friends or classmate into doing classwork - But is there really a way to encourage your staff into performing the ways you'd like it to be.

Well, there may or may not be a way, but here's what I often do when I need to encourage people to help me out. Now, let's start off with a scenario to help us get a better understanding of your staff.

"Come on guys! Please finish off all of your requests!" you said. None of them replies, and none dared to object - Instead, they just flaunt about and slack off, giving little efforts in what they do.

So there's your little situation. None of your members didn't say anything back to you and continued on what they were doing. Their work from the start of their job was truly amazing until they lost their enthusiasm - You have no idea what their life story is, and you have no idea how they're feeling. It's practically self-explanatory since you guys may be strangers, only acquaintances on the internet.

Anyways. There really isn't much of a problem if you try talking to them all separately. If you're planning to have a conversation with them about the issue of them not having the enthusiasm in their work/request, then you should probably start off with a question of how they're feeling about the job that they're given.

Try to negotiate with them, but don't use any bribery or so to force them into making it. Remember, you guys are true strangers if met online unless you've Skyped or call, or whatever. Bribing them online isn't really the main solution for problems such as these. For once, try to negotiate such as advertising or shouting-out their fanfics - If they have an online shop or do online blogs such as here or whatever, help them by telling them any faults or improvements, or even just share them around to your friends. 

Something simple like that tend to motivate the staff, since it's a give and return type of thing; Some people just don't like sharing their efforts to only receive nothing from their employer. A bit of sharing around can just give a small boost in energy.

If something like that doesn't work, then you're screwed. Well, not exactly... 

When people are receiving requests, try to motivate them by telling them lots of positive, but not exaggerated, things, such as "You can do it" or "Don't pressure yourself too much." As long as you're actually giving support, then it'll be fine.