The Hated King

The Unknown

Quick steps echoed through the hallways of the palace. His hands were shaking. He stopped infront the entrance leading to the king's throne, hesitating to confront the king. He walked up slowly to the king, who was being fed grapes by his slaves. "Y-Your H-Highness..." He has always had a stutter, it wasn't only because he was nervous. 

The man known as King Taec looked over to the person who had called him. "Yes? What is it?" He asked with the same evil smirk he always had on. 

"T-T-The p-prince-" He was cut off by the loud voice of the king. "Just spit it out!" He roared and stomped his left foot on the ground. The heavy metal boots he was wearing made the floor shake and the chains on the boots jingled.

The boy dropped to his knees, he repeated what he was going to say with his eyes closed. "T-The princess....has has a-arrived." 

"The princess? What princess?" His voice was deep. It was the voice that gave everyone chills up their spine.  "Who are you to tell me something like this?!"

"I-I'm ... L-Luhan, T-T-The fortune teller." He reminded the king, who obviously doesn't bother to remember faces or names. "Princess Hwang has been s-s-summoned." 

"Where is she now?" 

"I s-sensed her last night.... b-but but now I can't." Luhan said slowly. "She must have been found by T-The Unknown."

King Taec stood up from his seat. "Tell me, what's going to happen to me?"

The boy named Luhan closed his eyes and mumbled a few words. After a few moments, his eyes popped open and he gulped. 

The king was getting impatient. "Well?"

"I-In the ....the end.... you will be de-defeated." He said. His voice was quiet and his whole body was shaking with fear.

"Defeated?" The king snorted with laughter. He looked over at Luhan. "When will I be defeated?"

"I-I-I can't tell the exact date." He answered shortly after. "I'm sorry."

"Luhan, was it?" 

"Y-Yes, Your highness."

"Go send all my men to the Lost Forest." The king dropped back down to his seat. "Bring the princess back, dead or alive, but i'd prefer alive." He smirked.

Luhan got up from the floor. "I-I understand." He bowed to the king and took his leave.

 



The training room was a huge and empty. All it had was four walls and a floor. If they needed something, they made Seohyun summon it.

 

"Ahhhh!" Tiffany screamed. She was surrounded by insects, from flies to centipedes. They were everywhere, even on the ceiling. 
 
The Unknown thought that the best way to find Tiffany's power was by fear. Insects were what Tiffany feared the most.

She definitely regretted the fact that she told them. 
 
After awhile, Seohyun made all the insects disappear since Tiffany was just sitting there crying. 

Taeyeon yawned as they walked up to the crying girl. "What are we going to do?" 

"They're all gone now." Sunny kneeled down beside Tiffany and told her.

Tiffany slowly lifted her head and opened her eyes. She looked around to make sure they weren't lying. She sighed happily. "Now what?"

"We're not sure..." Taeyeon said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh!" Seohyun smiled brightly. She had come up with an idea. "How about we do 1 on 1? We'll all try something different!"

Taeyeon smiled. "What do we have to lose? Let's try it. Who wants to go first?"

"Let's go by age." Seohyun chuckled. "You're first."

Taeyeon sighed. "Fine."

 

 

 It was starting to get really boring in the training room. Tiffany sat cross legged and watched Taeyeon quietly.

"Aish, I don't know what else to do..." Taeyeon spun her blade and threw it around. It hit the walls and made scratches, but once the walls were hit they magically healed themselves. 

"I guess we should let the next person try then.... who's next?" Tiffany asked. 

"Jessica." Tiffany flinched at the name. She didn't know why but the name made her get nervous. 

"I'll go get her." Taeyeon smiled and left through the door.

Tiffany stood up and walked around in circles. What do I do? Wait... why am I like this? What am I saying? Am I scared of her? .... maybe.

After a few minutes, Tiffany heard shouting from outside. "Why do I have to do this?! Stop it! YAH!"

Taeyeon pushed Jessica into the training room and smiled at her. "Good luck." She slammed the door close but then it opened again. "Wait do you need anything?" 

Jessica sighed. "A punching bag." Seohyun who was standing beside Taeyeon, chanted a spell and poof, a punching bag was hanging in the middle of the room.  "Thanks." 

Tiffany gulped as Jessica approached her. She had taken off her leather jacket and was wearing a black tank top. Tiffany noticed the long scar that went down her right arm.

She stopped at the punching bag. "Come here." Her voice was clear and cold. Tiffany walked up to the girl slowly.

"Punch it." Jessica demanded. 

"What?" Tiffany glanced at the punching bag and then back at Jessica.

"Is there something bothering you?" Jessica questioned as she stared deeply into Tiffany's eyes. 

"N-No..." Tiffany shook her head and looked away from Jessica. 

"Well, there's a lot bothering me. They say you're the one to get rid of King Taec... but I'm not buying it." Jessica punched the bag once. "You're weak."

Tiffany frowned. "I'm sorry."

"I hate the word 'sorry'." She punched the bag again, it swayed back and forth. "King Taec once said those words to me, I think that was the day that made me hate it so much."
 
Tiffany hesitated to ask, but she did anyways. "What...happened?"

"It happened 10 years ago, the day King Taec hunted down everyone who had powers." Jessica started, she punched the bag again. 

 


FLASHBACK
 

King Taec's army was everywhere, every little corner, there would be someone dressed in all metal. They handcuffed everyone who had powers. The ones who said they didn't have any power, they would be used as slaves. The ones who refused to use their power, they would be locked up in the dungeon until they obeyed him.

They were hiding near a river, behind bushes. "It's hot.." The younger one whined and made a small ball of ice with the water from the river and held it in her hands. "Jessica, touch it, it's cold."

"Shhh...!" Jessica put her finger over her little sister's mouth and glared at her. "Krystal shut up, They're going to find us!" She shouted quietly.

"Who's going to find you guys?" A deep voice spoke. Jessica gulped and turned around to see a man. He was wearing metal like all the others, the only difference was that he had a cape, He was definitely King Taec.

"Run!" Jessica pulled her sister up and pushed her.

King Taec grinned as he stomped on the ground. It made everyone that was standing near him, drop. His powers were to control the ground, He could cause earthquakes, He could even control sand, dirt anything that was on the ground. 

They struggled to get up from the ground, The dirt was holding onto their legs tightly. "You two aren't going anywhere." He smirked.

"Let me go!" Jessica shouted. Krystal stared at the river infront of them, the water slowly started moving. She quickly flicked the water at the King Taec, freezing his left arm. 

"!" He cursed loudly because of the pain of his now frozen arm. He gave a death glare to the girl who had froze his arm. He walked closer to them, holding onto his arm as he walked.

He grabbed Krystal and pulled her up by the collar. "You seem like the stronger one." He smirked evilly. "I'll take you."

"Give my sister back!" Jessica glared at him. 

"I'm sorry." He kept his evil smirk on as he said those words. "She's coming with me."

His men came towards him and covered Krystal's mouth to prevent her from talking and handcuffed her. He looked at Jessica. "You are coming with me too. I'll give you three seconds to run away." He laughed hysterically. "Let's see how far you get."

Jessica stood up from the ground and took one last look at Krystal. "Ready? Set..... G-" The second he said the word, she had already disappeared from his sight.

He stood there, mouth open. "So, She's fast huh?" He snorted. "We'll meet again for sure. She'll come back for her little sister." He turned and smirked at Krystal. "Won't she?"

Jessica ran, as soon as she thought she was far enough, she dropped onto the ground and started crying. Her tears soaked the dirt of the forest. She had just lost her only family, she swore to kill the king with her own hands and get her sister back.

 




Jessica punched the bag hard, one last time. Her knuckles were bleeding, the blood could be seen through her bandages. "....And that's what happened." She said breathlessly and sat down.

Tiffany was in tears. "That's so.... sad..." She sobbed and sat down beside Jessica. She wiped her tears with her hand and stared at Jessica's hands. "Hey, you're bleeding.."

"You think I can't see that?" She replied coldly and stood up to get out of the room. 

"Wait!" Tiffany grabbed onto her arm, and then it happened. Where Tiffany was holding onto started glowing and then the glow spread all over Jessica untill her whole body was glowing. It was pink.

Jessica's mouth fell open, she was in shock. "W-What's happening?" 

"I don't know!" Tiffany was too shocked to even let go of Jessica's arm.

After a few seconds, The blood on the bandages disappeared. She no longer felt any pain. Tiffany finally let go of Jessica's arm. "...Woah."

"You're a healer..." Jessica examined her hands, no blood left on the bandages. She looked at her right arm, her scar had disappeared too. Her body was like brand new. No scars anywhere. 

Tiffany also stared at her hands. "That .... was.... AWESOME!" She grinned from ear to ear. "Do you think I have another power? other than healing?"

"We'll find out later, let's go tell Taeyeon." Jessica grabbed Tiffany's arm and dragged her out of the training room. 

Outside was Taeyeon, Sunny and Seohyun sitting on a couch. Seohyun looked pretty bored since Taeyeon and Sunny were only paying attention to themselves, like lovers.

"Ahem, Captain?" Taeyeon turned her head away from Sunny and stared at Jessica. "Y-Yes?"

"Tiffany can heal." Jessica said, pointing to her right arm. "Look, My scar is gone." She smiled.

Taeyeon stood up and walked over to Jessica. She stared at Jessica's arm. "Woah." She looked at Tiffany with a smile. "Do it again, heal this scar on my face." 

Tiffany reached her hand over and touched Taeyeon's face. They waited for a few seconds but nothing happened. "Why isn't it working?" She frowned. Taeyeon did the same. 

Jessica sighed. "You don't know how to control it yet." 

"How do I learn to control it?" Tiffany questioned as she removed her hand from Taeyeon's face and stared at her hands.

"I can help you with that." Seohyun in. Jessica gave Seohyun a glare. "I'll help her." 
 
"We can take turns then." She suggested. 

"No, I think i'd be better if I helped her." Jessica said, then she glanced at Tiffany. "Right?"

Tiffany looked away from her hands and turned to Jessica. "Huh?..... sure."

Taeyeon and Sunny watched the two fight over who got to help Tiffany. Yoona came behind Taeyeon and Sunny and started giggling.  "Jessica likes the princess." She whispered into Taeyeon's ear, Sunny heard it as well. They both turned to look at Jessica with a smirk. 

Seohyun raised a brow at Jessica's odd behaviour. 
Jessica smiled. "Then it's settled, I get to help her."