A Short Encounter

The Unknown

The dungeon was a tall building behind the palace and it was surrounded by guards at all times. It was dark inside even though there were torches outside each cell to give the place some light since there were no windows. It's been ten years, Krystal has not seen sunlight for ten long years already. Ever since the day she was thrown into the dungeon, her life consisted of eating and sleeping, it was a never ending cycle. She had made a friend though, King Taec was nice enough to put two people in each cell. If he didn't, they would have been pretty lonely.  

"Sulli..." She called the girl who was sleeping, Sulli's back was facing her. She frowned and tapped the girl's arm. "Sulli..."
 
Sulli turned around to face her. "The food is here, let's eat." Krystal said as she pulled the two trays of food closer. 

She turned away from Krystal. "....Not hungry..." Her voice was weak. She hasn't eaten for days.

"You're not hungry?!" Krystal shouted in anger, she couldn't just watch her friend slowly die. "Sulli, please eat." she plead. 

"Sulli!" Krystal flipped Sulli so she would face her. She was crying, tears stained her pretty face. "Sulli.... don't cry..." 

"I'm sorry...Krystal..." Her voice was barely audible over her crying. "I.... just... can't live anymore."

Krystal hugged the girl tightly. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. "...Don't leave me here alone."

"We've been here for what? ten years already? ten years of my life has gone to waste. I have no reason to live anymore!" Sulli pushed Krystal away and shouted, more tears streamed down her face. 

Krystal held Sulli close to her again. She wiped Sulli's tears away with her thumb. "Live for me." She whispered into Sulli's ear.


 


 

There were only four bedrooms in the underground base. Sunny and Taeyeon shared the biggest room, Yoona and Yuri had the room next to Taeyeon's and Sunny's. Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Seohyun had to share a room together because Jessica didn't want to share a room with anyone. 

Jessica's room was smaller than the others since she didn't have a roomate, untill Tiffany came. 

Tiffany jumped onto Jessica's big bed. "Ah it's soft." It was her first night on a bed after entering this weird world. She had been sleeping on couches for the past two nights. She was quite happy when Jessica agreed to let her stay in her room. 

"You're not sleeping there." Jessica said as she entered the room. 

Tiffany pouted. "But you said you'd let me sleep here." Jessica raised a brow at Tiffany. "I said that I'd let you sleep in my room, not my bed."

"Where am I going to sleep then?" Tiffany glanced at the floor and then back at the bed.

Jessica sighed. "Get Seohyun to summon a bed."

Tiffany looked around Jessica's room. The bed took up half of the space, the place obviously had no room for another bed.  "There's no room."

"Let her sleep on your bed." A voice came from behind Jessica, It was Taeyeon. 

Jessica has never refused an order from Taeyeon ever, she would argue sometimes but she always ended up doing what her captain told her to do.

"Fine. Goodnight." Jessica said to Taeyeon with a sigh and closed the door. She climbed onto her bed and laid down beside Tiffany, resting her head on her arms. She closed her eyes. "My closet is right there, go change."

"W-What?" Tiffany looked down at what she was wearing, her mud stained white blouse and jean shorts. 

"You aren't sleeping on my bed with your filthy clothes."

Tiffany slowly slid off of the bed and walked over to the closet and opened it. Jessica's closet was mostly filled with dark clothing, only a few of her clothes were white. "This is really not my style." She mumbled.

Jessica sighed and rolled off her back and onto her stomach. "Seohyun is already asleep so we can't get her to summon you new clothes."

Tiffany picked out a white tank top and a pair of black pants. She stared at it for awhile and then glanced at Jessica and bit her lip slightly. "...You want me to change here? ....infront of you?"

Jessica stared at her blankly, thoughts of Tiffany changing flying through her head. "A-Ah, I'll look away and close my eyes." She turned away from Tiffany and did as she said. This is bad, Why am I thinking about her like that? I would be dead if Yoona was here.

After Tiffany was done changing into her clothes, she climbed back onto the bed and tapped Jessica on the shoulder but she didn't respond. "Jessica?" Tiffany called out the girl's name. "She's fast at falling asleep too.." She pouted as she stared at Jessica's sleeping face. She's still pretty...

Tiffany lifted the blanket over Jessica's body and then hers. She laid her head down on the pillow and smiled. She couldn't sleep. She had too many things on her mind, like how she even got to this world, how her dad use to be the king of this world and how all of it wasn't a dream. Was she supposed to be happy about it? Would she ever go back to earth? The thought made her sigh. She stared at the back of Jessica's head untill she fell asleep.

 


 

The next day, Jessica took Tiffany out of the underground base and into the forest to do some training.

"I'm scared." Tiffany whimpered as she heard noises that sounded like a lion purring far away. She held tightly to Jessica's arm, w
ater could be heard now.


"Here should be a good spot." Jessica exclaimed as she looked at the view infront of them. There was a waterfall in front of them and the area was clear of trees, so it would be easier to fight if monsters did come. Tiffany looked around, there were no monsters around so she sighed happily and let go of Jessica's arm. 

Jessica stared at her arm, Tiffany had been holding on so tightly that it left a red mark on her arm. 

"Why here?" Tiffany asked as she walked over to a big rock and sat on it, she was exhausted. Jessica pointed at the waterfall and smiled. "It's relaxing here, it'll help you think."

"Think?" Tiffany was quite confused. Jessica slowly walked pass Tiffany and towards the river.  

"You have to focus on--" Jessica was cut off by Tiffany's loud scream. 

"What?!" Jessica turned around right when Tiffany screamed. Then she witnessed Tiffany's second power. Tiffany's loud voice blew a man in metal armor away and then he was laying on the ground, unconcious. 

Tiffany held onto her neck, she dropped on the ground in pain. Jessica quickly ran over to Tiffany and lifted the girl onto her back. "We better get out of here." More of the king's army were probably on their way after hearing Tiffany's scream. Jessica zoomed her way back to the underground base. It took about ten seconds because of Tiffany's weight on her.

The underground base was hidden by a bunch of trees and to get in there was a secret tap on the huge rock wall. Once the wall opened, there would be a elevator to go down. The elevator only went down if you were one of The Unknown. If not, it would just stay in it's place.

Once the elevator got down to the secret base, Jessica rushed into the meeting room and dropped Tiffany on the couch. "Are you okay?" Tiffany was breathing heavily, still holding onto her neck.

"What happened?!" Sooyoung shouted from the second floor while looking down at them with a spoon in her hand.

Yoona popped up behind Sooyoung and stared at Tiffany. "Tiffany can't talk, she said hurts, What happened?"

"She blew one of the king's men away, with her voice." Jessica told them as she sat down on the floor, tired.

"She did what?" Taeyeon came into the room after hearing all the noise.

Jessica stared at Tiffany and frowned at the pain she was in. Then the glowing happened again, Tiffany's neck was glowing pink and then it spread around her whole body until she was glowing all over. A slight smile appeared on Jessica's face.

Everyone's mouth dropped, Taeyeon smiled. "She's the princess, she's invincible."

Sooyoung dropped her spoon down to the first floor, amazed. "Wow, if she learns to control it, she'll never die!"

The glowing had stopped. "Oh god, that hurt." Tiffany let out with a long sigh and sat up.

"How did you do it?" Jessica questioned. "What happened?"

"I don't know, that guy was just running towards me with a sword ...so.. i just screamed." Tiffany shrugged.

"It came naturally." Taeyeon added. "And it's not safe out in the forest, seems like King Taec has found out that the princess is here."

Jessica turned to Taeyeon and nodded. "Guess we'll be using the training room more often then."


 


 

"Siwon!" He shouted and shook his unconcious friend. "Wake up!"

Siwon slowly opened his eyes. "Ugh... What... What ...was that?" He squinted because of the bright sunlight. He raised his hands over the light to find a man wearing a black suit with a cape and magician's hat staring down at him, it was his friend, Junhyung.

"You alright?" Junhyung raised out a hand to help him up. Siwon grabbed onto the hand and stood up. "I was charging at this girl but then she screamed and everything just turned dark, i passed out."

"A girl?" Junhyung questioned.  "Do you think she might be the princess?"

"Who knows, There were two of them actually."  Siwon answered and picked up his sword from the ground. "We should report to King Taec." 

Junhyung nodded. "They could also be The Unknown." He picked up a rock and threw it into the river. "I almost thought you died." He joked.

"Let's go grab a drink before going to the king." Siwon sheathed his sword and started his way to the village, Junhyung following behind.

The village was pretty small, homes were spread out around the area, only one clothing store and in the center of the village, there was a huge water fountain with a huge statue of King Taec in the middle of it. There were food stands around the water fountain and a bar on the left side of the fountain.  All the people living in the village seemed happy, but they were only happy to be alive. 

"The usual?" A girl asked as the two guys approached the counter. 

"Just one, I'm not in the mood to drink." Junhyung said as he sat down on the tall stool. Siwon looked over at him and raised a brow. A glass of beer was placed on the counter. "So, what's new?" The girl asked, eyes switching back and forth at the two guys. 

"Siwon thinks he saw the princess." Junhyung answered. "He got knocked out by some girl." Siwon took the glass and drank some of it. 

"Well, we don't know what the princess looks like." Siwon said as he placed the glass back on the counter. 

"Isn't it always like that ? You guys never know what you're even looking for." She chuckled lightly. 

"If they don't got a bracelet on their wrist, then we'll know." Siwon looked at the bracelet on the girl's wrist and smirked. King Taec put the bracelet on everyone except his army. The bracelet had a curse that stopped them from using their power. 

"How about you? how have you been, Hyuna?" Siwon asked. The bartender named Hyuna sighed and rolled her eyes. "The same, making enough money to live, but I'm working so much that I don't have time to live."

Hyuna looked over at the man that had just sat next to Junhyung. The man had an eye patch on his right eye and he was dressed in a black cloak with King Taec's symbol on the left sleeve, the same one as Siwon and Junhyung.  "One please."  He ordered.

Hyuna smiled and grabbed a glass to fill up. 

"So, You got knocked out by a girl?" He smirked. 

Siwon glared at him. "I think you would have been knocked out too."

"When did it happen?"

"Why do you want to know?" Siwon stared at his drink. "I don't even remember what she looks like."

"I can find out what she looks like."

Junhyung turned to look at Siwon and smiled. "Oh, that's right. If Wooyoung knows the time and place he can see what happened. Tell him Siwon." 

Siwon narrowed his brows and nodded. "Happened a few minutes ago in The Lost Forest."

"A few minutes ago?" Wooyoung raised a brow. "I need it to be more specific ." He sighed.

Siwon turned to Junhyung. "Find out when we got here." He commanded. Hyuna placed the drink infront of Wooyoung. "One beer." 

Junhyung sighed and made his right hand into a fist then he turned the fist over and opened his hand, A deck of cards appeared. He took three cards out of the deck and laid it flat on the table, faced down.  He moved his hand back and forth over the cards until it started glowing yellow. He closed his eyes and snapped his fingers once. He carefully flipped each card over one by one, starting from the left. 

flip. Joker card. flip. 2 of spades. flip. 3 of hearts. He studied the cards and smirked . "We arrived 23 minutes ago. Siwon probably was out for a few minutes, so make it 30." 

Wooyoung took a sip of the beer and then covered his left eye with his hand, his eyepatch started to glow red. It lasted about a minute.

"Black wavy hair, goes down to her chest, her power is definitely strong. There was another girl there too, dark brown hair, she was wearing all black leather." Wooyoung told them what he had just saw. "After you passed out, they disappeared. They both definitely have powers."

"Do you think one of them is the princess?" Siwon asked as he stared at his now empty glass. 

"If one of them is the princess, then we should tell King Taec to prepare." Wooyoung answered. "We won't know when they will attack."

Junhyung and Siwon nodded. "Lets get going then." Wooyoung gulped down the last drop of the beer and got up from his seat, The two followed him. 

 

 


 


hello everyone :D i'm happy that you guys are interested in my story LOL gave me motivation to keep writing~~ well hope you enjoyed this chapter.