The Guilty Wish Of Hope

Second Chance

Dark…

Where is it? Why I can’t see anything? What happen in here?

Woohyun looked around warily when he realized that he was in a strange dark place. The place he was now was so dark, to the point that he couldn’t see anything at all. He didn’t know why, but this darkness made him uneasy, made him…scared.

Suddenly, Woohyun saw a light in front of him. Without another thought, the handsome man ran to the light, felt satisfied that at least there were a place where there was a light. He didn’t need a long time to arrive at the light that he saw and when he arrived there, Woohyun immediately froze.

He saw a man, a cute man to be exact. The cute man has small eyes, chubby cheeks, and white fair skin that made him beautiful and perfect. For Woohyun, he really felt like he saw an angel. That man sat at the white snowy ground, stared to something unknown in front of him.

And Woohyun…knew who that man was….

“Su…Gyu-hyung…” Woohyun muttered softly when he walked towards his lover. Yes, he was not dreaming. This is surely not an illusion! Sunggyu was there, in front of him, smiling like usual, and…alive.

But Sunggyu acted like he didn’t see Woohyun behind him. That cute man still stared ahead with blank stares, didn’t respond Woohyun’s call at all. It looked like Woohyun didn’t exist for Sunggyu.

“Gyu-hyung…” Woohyun tried to call him again when he tried to touch Sunggyu’s hand. When he hold Sunggyu’s hand, Woohyun held that hand tightly. The warmness and softness…really…he missed everything that this hand always gave to him.

“Woohyunnie…” Sunggyu muttered softly. Woohyun immediately shot his head up to see why Sunggyu called him. “You cruel…make me like this….”

For the first time, Woohyun finally could see what Sunggyu saw in front of him and what he saw immediately made Woohyun frozen in fear.

A tombstone…with Sunggyu’s name engraved there.

“You ignore me…not care about me at all…. Your stares to me become cold…you start to disappear from me every so often without I know…” Sunggyu kept whispering, still didn’t realize about Woohyun that knelt exactly behind him. “And now I understand…that you don’t love me anymore…or maybe…you never love me at all since the start….”

And for Woohyun there were never words that could make him hurt like the ones that Sunggyu was whispering now. No…he love Sunggyu! He love the man in front of him so much! So much until it became hurt for him to lose him like this and heard him doubt the love that he had.

“No…hyung…I love you! I really love you!” Woohyun shout desperately to Sunggyu. He didn’t want this! He didn’t want Sunggyu to doubt his love for him! For him Sunggyu was everything! The most important person in his life!

Tears started to fall from Sunggyu’s eyes. “I know that my existence to you is not as important as you are to me, Hyunnie…” Sunggyu kept muttering softly while he stood up softly, made the hand that Woohyun held slid out from the handsome man’s hold. Woohyun looked at Sunggyu while that cute man smiled sadly to his tombstones.

“That’s why…you easily let go of me…. No matter how much I love you all this time….”

And suddenly…the grim reaper raised up his scythe to Sunggyu, made the once white ground in front of Woohyun became red.

Red…with Sunggyu’s blood.


“SUNGGYU-HYUNG!” Woohyun screamed while he shot up from his bed. He was panting heavily like he just ran in a fast speed. Cold sweat covered his face and body, and Woohyun’s face was so pale as a ghost. His hand shook slightly while it was reached ahead, before laid limply beside his body. Tears started to gather at his eyes before Woohyun finally broke down into sobs.

Again…that dreams again…. Why he always dreamed about that? Why…why he must always had that nightmare everynight?

Yes…the nightmare that kept haunts him…since Sunggyu’s death three years ago.

Woohyun knew that he couldn’t forget Sunggyu forever. He loved Sunggyu so much…made it impossible to go on with his life after Sunggyu’s death. He never loved anyone as much as Sunggyu, made he couldn’t forget Sunggyu, his smiles, his cute pouts, his cute clingy acts, his warmth, his nags, he couldn’t forget all those…no matter how much he tried.

Even until now…he still couldn’t forget the guilt and sadness in his heart when he received the news about Sunggyu’s death from Myungsoo, Sunggyu’s younger brother.

FLASHBACK

Woohyun smiled when he shook hands with all the managers of the company that appraised his first performance as leader of the meeting. Woohyun collected all his papers before walked towards his own office’s room, still with a smile at his lips.

He succeeded!

Now, he could tell Sunggyu that he succeeded to make his company proud of him. Now…he could tell Sunggyu that he could be proud of him too. And now Woohyun could feel that he was worth to be Sunggyu’s lover.

Not long after Woohyun’s arrival at his office’s room, his cellphone rang. Woohyun put all his papers at his table and picked his phone. The handsome man frowned when he saw the name ‘Myungsoo’ at his phone’s screen, as his caller ID.

Strange, it was unusual for Myungsoo to call him, especially at the working hours like this….

“What’s wrong, Myungsoo?” said Woohyun after he pressed the ‘answer’ button. “I am busy.”

“It’s an emergency situation!” Myungsoo yelled from the other line in a…voice filled with desperation and sadness. “This is about Sunggyu-hyung!”

“What’s happen with him?” Woohyun asked with I-don’t-care tone at his voice but again, Woohyun suddenly felt uneasy and afraid. He felt that something happened to his older lover.

“Gyu-hyung…” Myungsoo became silent for a moment. “He involved in a car accident! A car hit him when he crossed street! Now he is in hospital and in critical condition!” said that stoic handsome man frantically.

Woohyun’s face became pale almost immediately after he heard what his lover’s brother said to him. His hand suddenly became weak, made the phone at his hand slipped out and fell down to Woohyun’s office’s floor.

FLASHBACK END

Woohyun sighed tiredly before walked out of his bedroom towards the kitchen. He opened his refrigerator and drank a bottle of water that he found there until it became empty. He looked at the terrace beside his dining rooms (that being separated by a thin white curtain that was flew by the wind). Woohyun walked towards the terrace and saw the beautiful garden (that Sunggyu always liked to take care of) in front of him with a blank stare. He closed his eyes for a moment, felt the wind caresses his face and hairs. Without any strength and will to stop it, Woohyun’s mind immediately remembered all his memories with Sunggyu, to the beautiful, happy, times when he was still laughing and happy with Sunggyu….

FLASHBACK

Sunggyu was busy planting flowers at the little flower garden that Woohyun gave to him. Sunggyu like flowers, since he was a child, he really like to see flowers, no matter what types were it. Well…maybe it was the effect of being born in a family that had a flower shop. He lived with flowers all his life, made he thought that flowers were his beloved friends that always want to share everything with him and never leaved him no matter what happen.

But he had Woohyun for that now, right?

Suddenly, Sunggyu felt a pair of arms circled his waist. That cute brown haired  man looked up and saw Woohyun smiled fondly to him. Sunggyu also smiled before stood up and washed his soil-covered hands with a hose beside him. Sunggyu turned around and caressed Woohyun’s face lovingly before planted a kiss at Woohyun’s cheeks.

“Good morning…or maybe afternoon, Hyunnie~” said Sunggyu while giggled slightly. Woohyun smiled before kissed Sunggyu’s head.

“Morning too, Gyu-hyung~what are you planting now?” Woohyun asked when he saw the area where Sunggyu just planted the seeds behind them.

“Your favorite flowers~lilies!”said Sunggyu. “Mom and dad give new variation of lilies from the shop, so I think you will be happy if I am planting this!”

Woohyun hummed lightly hear Sunggyu’s explanation.

“You know Hyunnie…you never tell me why you love lilies so much” Sunggyu muttered softly. “Why do you love lilies?”

Before Woohyun could answer Sunggyu’s questions his stomach grumbled loudly, made Sunggyu laughed when he heard that.

“Well…I think it is time for lunch too~I will make a brunch for you then~”said Sunggyu while he walked to the kitchen, leaved Woohyun alone to see the flowers garden in front of him.

“Lilies…is sweet, pure, delicate and beautiful…” Woohyun muttered sofly. “Really suit you Gyu-hyung~ you also really like lilies…. That’s why I love lilies…because they remind me of you…”

FLASHBACK END

Woohyun felt tears started to fall again from his eyes, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. He felt hurt, he felt regret…. He remembered the last time he was with Sunggyu, he had made Sunggyu cried, the last time he was with Sunggyu, they fought. And Woohyun knew…the reason behind Sunggyu’s death was suicide, because their fight. Woohyun felt…and knew…that Sunggyu was dead because of him, because of his ignorance towards the older man and his harsh words to him when they fought.

“I’m sorry Gyu…” Woohyun whispered. “I’m sorry….”


At night, Woohyun sat beside the window at his bedroom. He enjoyed the night, with so many stars at it, even though he saw that beautiful scenery with empty feelings.

Sometimes, no…maybe everytime, Woohyun wondered if that fight never happened, if he just let himself spent more time with Sunggyu rather that focused at his job and made Sunggyu sad, if he didn’t ignore Sunggyu…would Sunggyu dead? Would that cute brunette still with him rather than buried at the bottom of the earth under his feet? Maybe…if that stupid ridiculous fight never happened, Sunggyu would still be alive. He would still beside Woohyun, and they still happy together.

Suddenly, Woohyun saw a falling star from his window. Woohyun remembered Sunggyu’s words when they saw one before.

‘People say if you make a wish when you see a falling star, that wish will become true…’

“If there is one wish I want to be true…” Woohyun said softly. “I just want a second chance…to fix everything. To make Sunggyu-hyung smile rather than cried...and made sure…that he know that I love him…more than anything else in this world….”


Okay~this is the first chapter of the story? Okay~I bet this story is...lame, right? Well...at least I think like that.

Anyways~thank you for all the comments (even though I not receive as many as I hope -justkidding-) and subscribers that I receive! I love you all, so please~keep reading this fic and please~if you can, comment this fic okay? So that way I can know how to improve this fic or...maybe this story is so lame and bad so no one feel that it is worth your time to comment it? -getbricked- -justkidding-

Anyways~please comment and subscribe (if you want). I love you all, guys~ goodbye~