The Start Of The Second Chance

Second Chance

 

The sound of alarm from the clock beside Woohyun woke the handsome man up from his deep slumber. Woohyun yawned and stretched himself for several moments before walked out from his bed to his office table at the bedroom and picked out a photo frame.

A photo of him and Sunggyu that smiled happily in their school’s music room at their graduation day.

Their high school’s music room held so many sweet memories of him and Sunggyu. There, they met each other for their first time, there, they spent so many times together, and there, Woohyun finally when they became lovers, when Woohyun confessed his love for Sunggyu.

FLASHBACK

Woohyun was still busy strumming down the strings of the guitar at his hands when Sunggyu suddenly walked to the music room. Woohyun immediately raised his head and smiled to his bestfriend once he saw that cute hamster walked into the room.

“Hyunnie~why do you here? It’s graduation day~you must enjoy yourself because now you are not high school student anymore!” Sunggyu exclaimed while he walked towards Woohyun. “Why do you isolated yourself here alone?”

“I am enjoying myself, Gyu-hyung~” said Woohyun while still played his guitar. “Enjoying to be at this music room for the last time. Tomorrow, I can’t spend my time here anymore so this is the last time for me to be here….”

Sunggyu just kept silent before he sat himself down beside Woohyun, made the latter raised his brown in confusion. “If Hyunnie want to be here, then I want to accompany you here…. After all…this is the last time for me to be here too…” said Sunggyu while smiled lightly.

Woohyun smiled back at Sunggyu before continued to play his guitar. Sunggyu, who heard the song that Woohyun played, raised his eyebrows in confusion.

“That song…” Sunggyu muttered softly.

“Ah, you remember it?” Woohyun said before he stopped playing for a while to look at Sunggyu. “Do you remember what song it is, hyung?”

“Ah, I remember it…” Sunggyu said. “Think about that whenever there are just two of us here…you will always play this song…but whenever I ask you what is the title of the song, you refuses to tell it.”

“And you know that this is the song that I write…for someone, right?” said Woohyun while he was smiling cheerfully to Sunggyu.

“Ah…you told me that once before…” said Sunggyu. “But then again you also never tell me…for whom you want to dedicate this song to….”

“At that time…I can’t tell you because of my cowardice and anxiousness…” said Woohyun before he put down his guitar and grabbed his music sheets at the table before him. “But today…is the graduation day and I am feeling like if I never tell who is the one I write this song for to you…I will regret it forever…so…”

“Hyunnie…” Sunggyu muttered softly. He never saw Woohyun seemed so serious like this before. Usually Woohyun was a cheerful, nice, and greasy kid that always seemed so happy go-lucky, like there were never problems that would made him down. So…saw Woohyun being so serious like this…was a surprise and a bit unusual for Sunggyu.

“Now I can…and want to give this to you…” said Woohyun while he handed a music sheet to Sunggyu.

“For me?” asked Sunggyu in confusion.

“Yes…” said Woohyun while he looked at Sunggyu and caressed Sunggyu’s cheek softly, made Sunggyu blushed slightly. “That song…I always write that song for you….”

Sunggyu looked at the music sheet that Woohyun had given him. After he read that, if it was possible, the blush in Sunggyu’s face became redder. He looked at Woohyun shyly. “I…is it real? Are you serious…about this?” Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun smiled to his bestfriend and nodded his head. “I am serious, Gyu-hyung…really serious…” he said in soft but stern tone at his voice. “So…what is your answer, hyung?”

“I…I…” Sunggyu avoided Woohyun’s stare for several moments before he looked back at Woohyun and smiled shyly. “…Yes…I do…” said Sunggyu.

Woohyun smiled when he heard Sunggyu’s answer before he wrapped his hands around Sunggyu’s slim waist and brought Sunggyu into a sweet, tender, loving kiss. Sunggyu immediately closed his eyes and wrapped his hands at Woohyun’s neck when the black-haired boy deepened their kiss.

A wind blew softly to the music room from the open windows beside them, made the music sheets from Woohyun that Sunggyu put back at the table flew and fell to the floor. There was a text at the music sheets.

WOULD YOU BE MY BOYFRIEND?

I always love you…since I met you for the first time here until now

I dedicated this song for you, Sunggyu-hyung, as the one that I love for the most

The one that I will see everytime I open my eyes at the morning….

The one that will always hug me whenever I feel sad….

The one that will kiss my tears away when I sad…

The one that I will always make him smiled every day no matter what….

The one that I will never let any tears fell down from his eyes because of me…

The one that will be another members of my family….

And the one that will love me forever and ever….no matter what happen between us….

I love you hyung…and will always be….

FLASHBACK END

“At that time I say things like that to you…” Woohyun muttered softly when he caressed Sunggyu’s face at the photo that he held. “And now…I am the one who break it too…. I’m sorry hyung…. I am really…not worth to be your lover...even until now….”

The sound of the doorbell rang quickly snapped Woohyun from his daydreaming. The handsome man quickly walked to his bathroom, brushed his teeth, and washed his face before combed his messy hair a bit and grabbed his sweater and put it at his body when the doorbell’s ringing continued and became more often, like the person behind the door was impatient for Woohyun to open the door.

“Wait a minute!” Woohyun shouted when he quickly ran down the stairs to the front door. He caught his breath for a minute before grabbed his door handle and opened the door.

And what, or rather who, he saw in front of him quickly made him freeze. Shock, disbelief, surprised, all that emotions mixed together inside Woohyun, made him couldn’t explain what he felt right now. He just continued to stand at the entrance of his door, with wide eyed and mouth hanged open.

Because right now Sunggyu was standing in front of him, smiled ever so brightly like usual. His hands hold a black bag while he saw Woohyun curiously like wondered why Woohyun looked like he just saw a ghost (and in fact Woohyun thought that he did saw a ghost). It just like Sunggyu had never even been death, even never even left him before.

“Hyunnie, don’t just stand there!” Sunggyu shouted impatiently at Woohyun. “Help me bring this bag, it is heavy, you know!”

Oh my god, even his voice did sound like Sunggyu. Was Woohyun dreaming right now? Or he just became crazy because he missed Sunggyu so much? But…all of this felt real, not a hallucination, or even a dream.

Sunggyu pouted cutely when Woohyun kept stood dumbly at the entrance of the door before he decided to push Woohyun out of his way and walked in casually towards the house that he shared together with Woohyun all this two years. Felt Sunggyu’s body touched his finally made Woohyun snapped out from his musings, made him closed the door in front of him and quickly followed Sunggyu towards the kitchen.

Sunggyu opened the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of mineral water and drank it before walked out to the dining table and took an apple there and bite it. Woohyun just kept staring at Sunggyu, still convinced himself that it was a dream or illusion.

“G…Gyu-hyung…why…why are you here?” Woohyun finally able to let those words out after it stuck at his throat all this time after he saw Sunggyu. Sunggyu just looked at Woohyun with confused but irritated stares.

“What do you mean why I am here? I live here, am I?” Sunggyu exclaimed. “Or are you kick me out because I left you alone for three days to visit Myungsoo? You are the one who didn’t want to go with me there, because you don’t want to meet Myungsoo, so why angry with me now?”

Woohyun felt numb when he heard Sunggyu’s words. Visit Myungsoo? But…wasn’t the last time Sunggyu visited Myungsoo was around one month…before his death? If Sunggyu said that then it meant….

Woohyun’s heart raced quickly when he finally turned his gazes toward the calendar on his refrigerator. The date at the calendar showed that today was 10th July 2009….

Exactly one month before Sunggyu’s death three years ago….

It struck Woohyun that Sunggyu was really back at his side, that God really gave him a second chance to fix every mistake that he made before Sunggyu’s death. He didn’t want to think why God gave such a miracle like this so suddenly, but now…he just wanted to treasure this moment…and kept his promise to always made Sunggyu smiled…to make sure that Sunggyu never leave his side anymore….

“Gyu-hyung!” Woohyun shouted out in excitement, happiness and relief when he lunged towards Sunggyu and hug the older man tightly. He inhaled the sweet scent of Sunggyu’s that he missed so much and felt Sunggyu’s warmth against his own skins.

“Hyunnie, what are you doing?!” Sunggyu yelled, but after several minutes Sunggyu sighed and hug Woohyun back tenderly and lovingly. “I just not see you for three days, Hyunnie…didn’t need to get so worked up like this…” Sunggyu muttered softly against Woohyun’s shoulders.

‘Thank you for come back to my life again, hyung…’ thought Woohyun when he kept hug Sunggyu and caressed his brown hair. He smiled to Sunggyu before kissed Sunggyu’s lips lovingly.

‘And this time I will make sure you are happy, hyung. I will never make you cry anymore and I will show you that you are the most important thing for me in this world…. I love you, hyung…that’s why never leave me alone again…Gyu-hyung….’


Author note:

Again, I want to say thank you for all the subscribe and comments that I receive! Your subscribe and comment really make my day! I really like it and it really make me happy! I also want to thank all the readers that read my fanfic until now, you guys are really nice~I love you all ^_____^

Ok, as usual, please subscribe and comment, okay? Thank you so much, everyone~