Chapter 6

KyuWook - I hate everything about you

A burning sensation in my entire body woke me up in the middle of the night. I opened my eyes, sweating like crazy, and I panicked for a moment when I noticed I wasn’t in my room until I remembered whose room I was into. I frowned when I noticed nobody else was in the bed. Not that I wanted someone else to be in the bed, but… I thought he would’ve slept here too. But no, instead, he was just sleeping in a sleeping bag, directly on the floor next to the bed. I almost pitied him but a violent cough made me forget about it. The loud noise woke him up and he hurried to my side, trying to find his glasses in the darkness.

 

“Ryeowook-sshi? Are you okay?”

 

Do I look like I’m okay, you idiot? He finally found his glasses, put them on and hugged me softly, supporting me while I was almost coughing my lungs out. When I finally stopped coughing, I pushed him away.

 

“I’m alright.”

 

My voice was hoarse and my throat hurt a lot, but I tried not to show it too much.

 

“I’m alright, so just stay away from me.”

 

He looked at me with sad puppy eyes and I had to remind myself that he was THE guy I hated the most in the entire world not to give up and let him take care of me. I lay down and snuggled under the covers again.

 

“Go back to sleep.”

 

He sighed before obeying silently, surprising me. I was sure he would just do what he wanted to do without caring about what I had said, because that was what he always did, but no, he simply went back to his sleeping bag without protesting. It bothered me for a while, making me unable to sleep, but I was too tired to think about it too much and I fell asleep after ten minutes.

 

The next morning, the sound of someone going in and out of the room woke me up, and I opened my eyes with a huge headache, only to see Ch… Kyuhyun Cho getting ready to go to school. He stopped when he saw that I was awake.

 

“Oh, did I wake you up? Sorry, sorry. You’re still burning hot, so just stay home for today okay? My mom said she’ll try to call your parents and…”

 

“Don’t call them”, I stopped him.

 

My throat hurt even more than during the night and it took huge efforts just to say this.

 

“Don’t… they’re working…”

 

“But…!”

 

I growled and he stopped protesting.

 

“Okay, okay. But stay here okay? My mom will take care of you for today. If you want to play games, you can use the consoles, but I think it would be better if you just stayed in bed and rested.”

 

I didn’t reply and closed my eyes, not feeling very well both because of my headache and because I was missing school.

 

“Oh, and my mom will call the school, so you don’t have to worry about unmotivated absence. I’ll take notes for you so just rest, you’ll study later. And don’t forget to take your medicine.”

 

I stayed silent again and he sighed softly before walking to me. I felt him climbing on the huge bed and he pressed a gentle kiss on my cheek before whispering in my ear, in a husky voice:

 

“Saranghae. I wish you would believe me, but waiting for it I’ll just repeat it until you do. So, saranghae, saranghae… Rest well.”

 

He got down the bed, took his bag and left the room, closing the door behind him. I sighed in relief when he was gone - or at least I tried to, but my throat hurt so much it was pretty difficult to do - and slowly went back to sleep. I dreamt that I was being bullied by Cho gang and woke up crying when Kyuhyun Cho’s mom knocked on the door before entering, bringing breakfast. She looked at me with worried eyes.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

I wanted to answer, but I couldn’t: my throat hurt too much. She put the tray on the bedside table and made me drink medicine before brushing a hand in my hair softly.

 

“You know, little Wookie, Kyu likes you very much. I know he can be a jerk, but if you learned to know him better, you would see other sides of him.”

 

I shook my head, but it made me dizzy and it made my headache get worse. I didn’t want to know more about this guy. I didn’t want to know more about this guy at all. I wanted to avoid Kyuhyun Cho as much as possible, and as soon as I would be okay I would leave this house, get back home, thank his parents for taking care of me, but I would avoid talking to the guy himself.

 

I hated him too much to thank him.

 

I stayed in bed all day and, when he came back, I wasn’t feeling better than in the morning. I even had the impression that it became worse every time I woke up. He touched my forehead as soon as he entered the room and frowned at how burning hot I was.

 

“Wow. Damn, did you do anything tiring today?”

 

I didn’t answer. I couldn’t answer anyways. My head was hurting like crazy, my body was sweating like crazy too, my throat didn’t want me to be able to talk ever again and I knew my entire body was in a horrible state. Actually, I wasn’t exactly awake. I was half-unconscious and I almost thought I was dreaming. I was trembling, feeling cold inside though my body was all sweaty.

 

Because I was half-unconscious, I didn’t react when he quickly undressed me to wipe the sweat off my body with a cold, wet cloth. I didn’t react either when he kissed me softly on my lips before whispering a lot of “saranghae” in my ear. I didn’t react when he made me eat soup by kissing me because I wouldn’t wake up enough to eat by myself. Instinctively, I swallowed what he gave me.

 

I didn’t react when he undressed himself before getting in the bed with me, under the covers, hugging my body tightly against him so he would share his warmth. I didn’t react when he kissed me breathlessly, whispering uncountable “saranghae” before he finally fell asleep.

 

When I woke up the next morning, he had already left for school. He had dressed me with one of his pajamas before leaving and I didn’t remember anything about the last night, like it all had been a dream for me. The only thing I noticed was that I was completely all right. No headache, no fever, no cough. I didn’t wait for him to come back before changing onto my own clothes - his mom had washed them - and leaving the house, thanking his parents on my way out. I went back home - it was, like… 30 meters further? - and unlocked the door before entering, locking behind me and going to my room.

 

I sat on my bed, still tired though I wasn’t feeling awful anymore. I closed my eyes and let myself fall on my back on the soft covers. But I reopened my eyes, frowning, when a quick thought appeared in my mind - the thought that my bed wasn’t as big and comfortable as Cho’s. I growled, hating myself for even thinking about that.

 

After all, I definitely hated everything about him.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I'm being nice xD But I'm going outside now because I'm freezing inside, so I'll come back later ~ Maybe I'll post another chapter tonight if you're nice xD