Chapter 19

KyuWook - I hate everything about you

Day of the prom. Already.

 

And also my birthday. Of course, my parents were working. They would not see me at the ceremony before the prom.

 

And, because they were so busy, I never had time to buy clothes for the prom. I was ready to go there dressed casually when I saw the clothes Kyuhyun had bought me that day we went shopping in Quebec. I had put all of them in a corner of my wardrobe and never wore them. I frowned. I knew Kyuhyun had bought me three sets of clothes. And one of these sets was…

 

I took it out. It was a brand-new, beautiful, super expensive black suit. Kyuhyun had bought it for me when I had told him my parents would never let me actually buy one of those. He had pushed me in the shop and kind of forced me into trying one of them. And he had bought it after making sure I looked good in it.

 

I frowned. There was only one problem. My parents were not home. My, erm… friend… was at the hospital - his parents had already bought him a new convertible Audi, in case he would wake up before the prom. I didn’t have a car and, anyways, I couldn’t drive.

 

I had no way to go there.

 

I sighed and put the suit back in my wardrobe. I was about to go back to bed, ready to spend the day home, when suddenly someone knocked on the door. I went to open and saw…

 

“K… Kyuhyun!”

 

He was standing there, certainly not feeling very well, but he was there and he was awake. I almost jumped on him, but I didn’t, afraid to make him pass out again if I did. He smiled and bowed softly.

 

“Your driver is here.”

 

I took his hands and dragged him inside before hugging him shyly.

 

“I thought you… I thought you…!”

 

“I’m here”, he whispered, hugging me back softly.

 

I started crying softly and moved back so I wouldn’t stain his tux, but he pulled me back in his arms and kissed my forehead.

 

“I’m here, my love…”

 

I cried for at least thirty minutes before I could finally calm down. Slowly, I stopped crying and, when I was okay, Kyuhyun smiled before pressing a long, passionate kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes. It was so good…

 

***********************************************

 

“I woke up ten minutes after you left, last time, so I had time to recover strength a bit. Of course, I’m not completely healed, but I had permission to leave the hospital for today”, he explained while driving to school.

 

“And your lung? And ribs? What about your arm?”

 

“Well, my ribs and lung are not in a very good state right now, meaning that for now, I can’t sing or talk too much. Oh, and I can’t move around too much either. I’ll have to stay seated for most of the prom. And my arm…”

 

He showed me his right arm and I touched it. Under his clothes, I could feel something hard.

 

“That’s why I don’t drive with both my hands” he smiled. “And, of course, I’m a lot more careful than before. Oh yeah, it’s not related to this, but you look very good in this suit.”

 

“Oh, thanks. You look good too.”

 

“I know”, he laughed.

 

We stayed silent for a while.

 

“About what you said…” he started.

 

“What I said? When?”

 

“In the hospital. Were you serious?”

 

I blushed.

 

“You… you remember?”

 

“I was actually a bit conscious. Not too much though. At first I thought this was a dream, but you seemed happy when I came to your house earlier so I thought it might’ve been real. So, were you serious?”

 

I blushed even more.

 

“About which part?”

 

“All of them.”

 

I breathed deeply.

 

“Yeah.”

 

He almost froze, surprised, but he was driving so he couldn’t really totally freeze.

 

“Seriously?!”

 

“Yeah.”

 

He smiled.

 

“Then, let me kiss you publicly at the ceremony.”

 

It was my time to freeze.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“‘As a lover’, right? Please.”

 

I sighed.

 

“… okay. But just a little one, okay?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Okay.”

 

When we finally arrived, he smiled before opening the top of the car.

 

“Show-off”, I .

 

“Yeah, and that’s why you love me.”

 

I blushed again.

 

“Who said that… oh, never mind. I did.”

 

We got out of the car and were welcomed by people more or less happy to see that Kyuhyun was back. Intimidated by all of these people, I shyly half-hid behind Kyuhyun. He smiled and took my hand, turning to me.

 

“Let’s ignore them.”

 

I followed as he totally ignored the crowd and made his way through it. He stopped for ten seconds when we were in the middle of it and smiled in an evil way before quickly kissing me. Leaving the frozen people there, he continued making his way through them and we safely got into the school for the ceremony.

 

After the ceremony, we went to the boat. Because yes, the proms of our school were always on a boat. It was the best way to control who was there and who was not. Plus, nobody could get off to buy alcohol or something during the prom.

 

I stayed with Kyuhyun for the entire evening. He couldn’t move around much, so we stayed at the same place for most of the prom. We only changed place when it was time for dinner, but we went back to the front of the boat, outside, as soon as we could. When night fell, it became a bit cold since we were on St. Lawrence River, and I snuggled into Kyuhyun’s arms as he whispered sweet love words into my ear.

 

I smiled softly.

 

Maybe I actually loved everything about him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too bad, I'm already done torturing Kyu >.< xD Oh, and there's one last chapter after this one ~~ But you won't be able to read it before tomorrow morning xD