Chapter 18

KyuWook - I hate everything about you

I spent half the night crying and the other half having nightmares. In my tormented mind, I saw Kyuhyun die again and again. I saw him visit me as a ghost, telling me he didn’t like me for real and he was only doing this to laugh at me. I saw him cry and ask me why I didn’t stop him.

 

When I finally woke up, thanks to my alarm clock, my pillow was soaked with my tears. I didn’t want to go to school. But I had to.

 

I slept during two classes and couldn’t stop daydreaming for the three other ones. Finally, at the end of the day, someone knocked on the door and talked to the teacher, who sighed in relief before telling us the news concerning Kyuhyun.

 

“His life is not in danger anymore. But he’s in a coma and he won't wake up. They don’t know when he will.”

 

There was no way I would go home now. I had to see him.

 

I ended up only being able to see him through the glass. He looked like he was asleep, his eyes closed, breathing peacefully. He looked like he was asleep, if only we could forget the bandages everywhere, the mask covering his mouth and his nose and the machines all around him.

 

“He won’t survive if we don’t make him breathe”, explained the doctor.

 

I couldn’t help but cry.

 

I was about to go back and try to find a way to go home when I saw Kyuhyun’s parents arriving. I waited for them to see their son before asking them if I could go home with them. They accepted.

 

I cried a lot that night too.

 

After that, I visited Kyuhyun everyday at the hospital. Sometimes, the doctor let me enter the room and I could sit next to him, trying to talk to him, trying to make him react or wake up. Sometimes, he would move just a bit, like he was about to wake up, giving me hope. Hope that soon disappeared when I saw that he was still in coma and not waking up.

 

The prom was now just a few days away. We were in the middle of exams, meaning we didn’t have full days of school, and I took advantage of this to visit him whenever I could. I almost arrived late to an exam, but I didn’t care. Seeing Kyuhyun was more important.

 

When the last day of the exams arrived, I only had one exam and it was in the morning. So I spent the afternoon with Kyuhyun, talking to him, trying to make him wake up. And finally, when it was time for me to go, I whispered in his ear:

 

“Hey, Kyuhyun. You know, about the prom? I told you I wanted some time to think about it. Well, I have my answer. I’d like to tell you and see your reaction, but you’re not waking up. So…”

 

I pressed a little kiss on his cheek and smiled sadly.

 

“If you wake up for the prom, I’ll go with you. Not just as a friend, but as… as…”

 

I breathed deeply.

 

“As a lover. I… I love you, Kyuhyun…”

 

I would’ve liked to kiss his heart-shaped mouth, just like he had kissed me a few times before already. But I couldn’t. Without the mask, he couldn’t breathe. So I just kissed his forehead before leaving. Or, I wanted to just kiss his forehead and leave. But, when my lips touched his skin, I felt something inserting into my heart and my mind. Love. But stronger, way stronger than the love I felt for him, and also more painful and more patient.

 

It was the love he felt for me.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be either for tonight (if Internet wants me to upload it tonight) or tomorrow morning (if Internet is being a >.<) ~~~