MY ANSWER

SECRET LOVE

Nori's point of view:

     I walked to class in no hurry at all. At this point I was going to be late but I didn't want to get there before Luhan. As I walked through the school hall, I heard someone call out my name.

"Nori!"

     I turned to see who it was and it turned out to be Fei, the girl that Luhan liked oh so much. I quickly turned around, hoping that she didn't see me notice her.

"Yah! Nori!" She called for me again.

     I cursed silently to myself for turning around in the first place. She then quickly caught up to me and grabbed hold of my shoulder. I stopped walking and slowly turned to face her.

"Oh, unnie." I said, acting like I didn't hear her.

"I haven't see you all week. You haven't been answering my calls either. What have you been doing?"

"Sorry, I've been really busy." I lied.

"Are you feeling okay? You look a little malnourished." She asked as she pinched my cheeks.

"I'm fine." I replied as I removed her hand from my face.

"Hm, I see. Can we at least hang out today Ms. I'm-too-busy-to-see-my-own-best-friend?" She giggled.

     I was envious. I was dying of jealousy. Seeing her was killing me in the inside. Everything about her was perfect, even her laugh was beautiful.

"I should be free later. Let's meet at the cafe around five?" I suggested.

"Perfect! Now let's hurry up and get to class. We're already late." Fei said last before taking hold of my arm and pulling me away with her.

     I tried to act as normal as I could with Fei. This wasn't her fault after all. Having a cup of coffee with her wouldn't kill me. She was my best friend after all, I wasn't going to lose my friend just because I lost my love to her.

     As we walked into class, all of our classmates watched us come in, including Luhan. He smiled as he saw me, or was it Fei he smiled at? I awkwardly walked towards my seat, and I looked straight at Luhan for a split second. He was still looking at me and that one simple action made me wish I didn't come to class today.

"Nori." Luhan turned around in his seat and whispered to me.

     I reluctantly looked up at him and smiled at him the best I could.

"Hi." I whispered back.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Alright, you?"

"I'm okay. Lay was kind of disappointed that he didn't get to say goodbye to you the other day. Kris, too."

"I kind of regretted not saying goodbye to them either."

"Mhmm, is your chat more important than my lesson right now?" The professor says all of a sudden.

     Luhan and I looked back at the professor apologetically and focused on the lesson again. I felt embarrassment come over me but then remembered Fei was also in the classroom. I turned to look at Fei, scared that she had noticed my exchange with Luhan, and once I saw her expression I could tell she was suspicious. I already assumed that she would ask me about Luhan later. This day was only getting more awkward by the second.

     The class went by a lot faster than I had hoped for and I was grateful for that. As everyone packed up and got up to leave, I slowly packed up my own things and warched as Luhan did too. Fei got up first and came over to me. She rarely ever did this and it was surprising, both to me and Luhan, as she stood beside us.

"I'll see you later, Nori." She said with a wink.

     I smiled up to her and waved goodbye. As Fei headed towards the exit I watched Luhan watch Fei walk away. He was admiring her like I had been admiring him these past years. Once she was gone he turned around to face me then. I already knew what he was going to say and so I decided to speak first.

"About what you asked me. . Why do you like Fei?" I asked the one and only question I wanted to know the answer to.

"Uh? I don't know. I just do." He answered, confusion written all over his face.

     It looked like he didn't know the answer himself. I had over a million reasons as to why I liked him and he couldn't come up with a single one as to why he liked Fei. Did he really like her?

"Look, I'm not going to waste my or Fei's time over something you're not even sure about." I said annoyed.

"No, I mean. Well, what's not to like about Fei? She's sweet, friendly and beautiful. I don't know how to begin to describe how she makes me feel." He explained.

     I cringed internally as he spoke. He had a good reason after all. The look on Luhan's face now was what brought me to make my decision. If this was the only way I could help Luhan then so be it. I give up. I have nothing to lose that I haven't lost already. My heart was already in pieces.

"I'll help you." I said in a whisper.

"Really? You will?" Luhan jumped up happily.

     He unknowingly took my hands and pulled me up to hug me. This was our second hug. I hugged him in return this time and I took in his enticing scent for the last time. I considered this a goodbye, a farewell to my love for Luhan. The end to my secret love.