Goodbyes.....

Innocence, Behind Everything...

MIN BYUL'S POV

 

The ambulance...... why the hell did they just arrive now?!!!!!! Dad, hang on.

The men in white carried them and my dad was in one ambulance while Hye Jin's dad was on the other.

While in the ambulance, I kept on praying for my father and tears won't stop flowing. I held on his hand and wished for everything to be just a dream. But apparently.... it was not......

"Dad, please hang on, we're almost there." I whispered and kissed his hand.

I can feel his temperature dropping. Can this ambulance drive faster!!!!!! Please! I don't want him too die!

Appa...... don't leave me......

I saw the expression in Hye Jin's face...... it was a mixed expression of sadness and anger..... she was clenching her fist but she cried as much as i did. I haven't seen her cry like that before.......

After just minutes that seemed liked hours..... the door of the ambulance opened and out we came. We entered the hospital and doctors and nurses were gathering around the bed carts of dad and uncle. They ran towards the emergency room, we wanted to follow tham but they did not let us. I sat down on a bench near the room and bowed my head. Hye jin was there, standing and leaning on the wall. By this time, her tears had stopped from flowing and anger took control of her body. She was staring at something... was gently opening ang closing.... probably cursing that master mind. My body was already shaking..... even though the weather was warm..... i was shivering... probably because of the incident...... but only one thing was in my mind..... How are they doing?

Just then.... we heard footstpes, like someone was running towards us.

"Girls! I've heard the news. I came as soon as possible." a man said.

This man is a family friend, also a mafia leader; "DARK HANDS". He has scars on his face that's why many refer him to as 'Scar Face'. I always have the chills whenever I see him. I don't know why, but something tells me that he shouldn't be trusted.

"Ahjusshi." I whispered as i stood up from the bench. Hye Jin didn't look at him.... she just stayed on her position but i know that she knows he's here.

"Where are they?" asked ahjusshi.

"They're still in the E.R. The doctor didn't come out yet....." I could feel myself tearing up again as I felt the heavy feeling on my chest.

"I see..... don't cry.... why don't you girls go home first and rest...." he said.

"NO!" Hye Jin shouted which caused us to turn our heads to her. "I'm not leaving this place!"

Hye Jin-ah...... I can see something different in her expression....... her eyes show something, the dark feeling in her..... Pain..... Anger.....

"Hye Jin-ah..." I whispered.

"Ahjusshi..... We're not leaving this place... I have to be here with him especially during this day..... they need us..... and what if they wanted to talk to us? I don't want to miss anything! I want to assure that he's okay!"

"Me too uncle. I'm not leaving and that's final." I said, my voice showing the feeling of being annoyed.

He sighed and nodded. "Okay, if you insist. I have to go now. Call me if you need something." Then he turned around and walked to the exit.

I ran towards Hye Jin and hugged her. I was again crying. She was comforting me and I felt warm drops of liquid touching my face.

Many hours had passed............ we waited and waited.

We were still wearing our uniforms... stained with blood and mud......

The door opened and out came the doctor.

"Are you their daughters?" he asked with a sad tone.

"Ne."

"Your fathers want to talk to you....."

My heart was beating fast that i could hear it.

We entered the room and found them laying on the beds.

My legs were moving slowly to wards him....... he's pale....... i could feel the pain he's feeling...... but he still has a small smile on his face.....

"Sweetie....." he called. "Come here....."

"Ne, ....appa?"

"Be a strong girl..... when daddy's gone......"

"Dad..... don't say that...... please......"

"Min Byul........ listen...... when daddy's gone....... mommy and I will always watch you and be by your side..... we'll be guiding you always......."

"Dad...." my tears never stopped from falling. He wiped them off.

"Please help Hye Jin in ruling the mafia......... promise me...... that..... you shouldn't live in misery.......  always have that pretty smile on your face....... promise me....... and always remember... that daddy loves you always.........." With his other hand, he gave me something and told me that i should open it when we will arrive the mansion.

"Yes.... daddy........ but please don't go yet......" i begged.

He smiled then let go of my cheek. His hand fell on the bed.

"Appa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

I also heard Hye Jin and her father's conversation.

"Dad......" she whispered as she approached him.

"Sweetheart........ come here....... I'll tell you something......."

After 3 more steps, she had reached her father. Uncle held her hand and kissed it.

"Dad... you'll be alright, right?" she asked, closing her eyes to prevent the tears from falling again.

"Sweetheart..... even though..... I won't be here any longer........ always remember that I love you...... I loved you since I layed my eyes on your small face...... when you were young........ "

"I know that dad. So please don't leave me." she begged and the tears fell.

"Hush........ I know that you're a strong girl......"

"But dad..... you are the reason..... why I'm strong." she answered.

"Promise me........ you'll live happily... even though I'm gone....... and do everything... for the Mafia.... be a good leader to everyone........"uncle said between breaths.

"I promise dad... But......"

"Please........ We'll be watching you girls..... from above....... I promise...... I love you, sweetheart..... " even though he felt pain..... he still smiled at his daughter and slowly, his grip on her hands became softer......... his hands fell slowly.....

"Dad?! Dad?!" Hye Jin asked as she shook her father's cold body.

They....... They're....... gone...... forever...........