THE INCIDENTS

Innocence, Behind Everything...

OCTOBER 27

FRIDAY

 

It's just 5 miuntes before the time. Everyone's attention was focused on the huge wall clock. It seems that their eyes were glued there. They were waiting for the long hand to strike at 12. Every movement of the hand of the clock seemed slower than usual. Well of course, who wouldn't hate this freakin subject right now? The teacher is sitting on her 'special chair' reading about Shakespear and Romeo and Juliet. We don't hell care about our subject. Everyone wants to go home now and start their vacation. We silently counted down when it was the last minute of our school day. 

"20...19...18...17..." As the second hand came loser to 12, we could now hear the voices of the students, excited and eager. "3...2....1...0!!!!!" 

And the school bell rang. Everyone was so happy that they shouted and jumped. They threw away their books and pencils into the air. I was busy packing all of my stuffs when some guys started to ask me some questions like, "Hye Jin-ah, do you have plans in Saturday?"... "Where will you spend your vacation?".... "Do you want to go with us in our ski resort?" and blah blah blah. Unfortunately... I had to decline their offers. I had more important things to do.

My best friend, Min Byul, tapped my shoulder. 

"Hye Jin-ah!!!!!" she squealed. " Come on, let's go home."

"Sure Min Byul! But let's stop first in the cafeteria." I smiled.

"You just took that out from my mouth. Come on!" then she dragged me to the cafeteria and ate today's special. Lasagnia!!!! After 15 minutes...

"Hye Jin-ah, come on. The driver must be waiting for us." Min Byul then grabbed my hand and we stormed out of the room.

Jeez........ so many students crowding on the street!

Oh, hey! That's our driver.

"Annyeong Mr. Lee!!!!!" we greeted at him and in return he smiled and waved at us. He opened the door of the black limousine.

While on the road...

"Ms. Shin, Ms. Seo, your fathers have already arrived from Japan." Mr. Lee said.

"Oh, really? Thanks for informing us Mr. Lee."

"You're welcome."

"Hye Jin-ah... what did they do again in Japan?" Min Byul asked, scratching the back of her head.

"Business with the Triad...." I answered simply.

"Oh! Hahahaha... I forgot.....So, Hye Jin-ah! Do you already have plans when you become the C.B.A's Leader?" Min Byul asked.

Yeah............. I, Shin Hye Jin, is the heir of the position of being the leader of a well known Mafia. C.B.A. which stands for 'Cold-Blooded Assassins'. Hey, just because I'm a girl, it doesn't mean that i can't rule the Mafia. Nothing's impossible! Okay, here's the story why.

My dad, the leader of this Mafia, met my mom when they were young and it was love at first sight. Even though he had so many transactions to do, he always finds time for umma. After many years of life full of each others love, i then existed in this world. But unfortunately, my mom died when i was born...... My appa was so heart broken..... he promised mom that he would always take care and protect me..... that's why he didn't marry anyone else..... He loves me so much! I also love him so much! I'm sure mom is happy for her family. Honestly, I think my world would crumble into pieces when something will happen to my dad.

And as for Min Byul, her dad, is my dad's right hand. They are also best buddies since their childhood. Her Mom, was also my mom's friend. We grew up together and treated each other like sisters. But when she was a year old, her mother was killed inside their mansion. So, yeah..... we're both motherless. All we have were their pictures, to remind us about them...

"Uhmmmm.... I still don't know." I replied to her, scratching my head.

"Aish. But don't worry..... I'm always here for you."

"Thank you soooooooooooooo much!"

We were still far from home, as i was sitted, i opened the window and felt the cold breeze touch my face, while Min byul was listening to her MP3, humming the tune of the song.

The car slowly stopped in front of our  mansion. We immidiately opened the door and ran inside. There, our fathers stood smiling and their arms opened.

"APPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i yelled with excitement. How i missed his warm hug.

"Hye Jin-ah." he said while caressing my hair.

I saw Min Byul hugging her father and both of them were smiling. It feels so great when they're here.

"Appa! I missed you so much!" Min Byul said while tearing up.

"I missed you too, sweetie." he then pulled her into another hug.

"Appa," i said. " When did you and Uncle arrive?"

"About an hour ago, sweetheart." he replied.

We decided to go inside the masion and sit down. I felt appa looking at me. I turned to him and asked, "Appa? Why are you staring?"

"You just turned out as beautiful as your mom." he smiled. "You got all of her features."

"Appa, she's more prettier than me." i said.

"Hehehe. He's right, Hye Jin-ah. You do look like your mom. And my little angel here, also looks like her mother." Uncle said as he pinched Min Byul's cheek.

"Appa, I'm not little anymore. I'm 16." she explained.

"But you'll always be my dear little angel." Uncle said. 

But then...

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

We covered our ears.

"What the hell was that?!"

Suddenly, the door opened and one of my dad's men entered with his hand covering his left arm. We could see the blood dripping to the tiled floor.

"Uhhh..." he groaned in pain. "Mr. Shin..... we're being attacked."

Min Byul and I panicked. This is the first time that we have been attacked in our mansion.

Uncle held our hands and lead us to a wall. He pushed something which revealed a secret hiding place.

"You girls stay here." he ordered.

"But appa, what about you?" Min Byul asked.

"I will help the others. Don't leave this place. Arasso?" He closed the door and left us.

"Appa! Appa!" Min Byul shouted as she continuosly tapped and kicked the door. Hot tears were falling on her cheek. I also felt the urge to cry.

"Min Byul!" i called. "There's a small opening here."

She ran to the small hole and we peeped.

Oh. God. Many men were down. The place was bloody and continous exchanges of gunshots.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Little did I know, i was already crying. Our cries were the only things heard inside. A man wearing a mask went outside a van and aimed at my dad. But Mr. Seo, took the shot. He was shot on the chest. Followed by 5 more.
 His knees were trembling already.

"Appa!" Min Byul screamed and knelt on the floor. She kept on crying.

My dad was so angry and he placed uncle gently on the ground.

"YOU ING BASTARD!" he yelled. He pulled the triger but the man was fast. He dodged the bullets and shot his gun.

My dad fell on the ground but still, he wouldn't surrender. He reached for his gun.... but the masked-man stepped on his hand and shot him repeatedly.

"No! Appa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This was it...... this was the day I feared the most...................................... the day when they will take then away from us....................

Tears fell like a waterfall. Seeing our fathers between the line of life and death. The pain that they are suffering...... Was too much to handle.

Then, the man smirked....... and laughed like a maniac. "Mwahahahaha. Tsk tsk tsk. Well, well, well. A Mafia leader dying on my hands. Who knew that these hands of mine would be so wonderful. 2 down...... 2 more to go."

After that, he left. 3/4 of the men died and the rest were injured. They were outnumbered by those creeps. When the coast  was clear, we ran outside to our fathers...... they were having difficulty in breathing.......... they fell so.......... cold............

Please don't let this be the day! Lord! Please! The color red.......... a trully beautiful color................ filled the whole place.............. and took the lives of people...................... How dare they...

Not long............. ambulances arrived and carried our fathers to the hospital.

 

Annyeong everyone! :D It's Hye Jin and I've made some changes here in this chapter. Oh yeah, this is my first story and please read and comment! I'll be extremely happy. By the way... please forgive me if there a are wrong grammars and stuffs. :D