Realization

The Confession

 

Yixing didn’t know what to do, so he just decided to wait until Luhan moved. Unfortunately, Luhan didn’t seem to  understand Yixing’ predicament and just stayed above Yixing, panting.

So Yixing did the only thing he could do.

“Yixing! Stop! That tickles! Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!” Luhan squealed as Yixing tickled his sides. He fell over, and in his desperation kicked Yixing off of him.

As they both paused for a second to catch their breathes, Yixing caught Luhan smirking slightly with a twinkle in his eye. Yixing felt chills run down his spine as he backed away.

“Please, Luhan, don’t do it, I only did that to get you off me, please don’t, please?” Yixing begged, as he was backed into a corner. Luhan leaned in closer, hands out ready to flick Yixing, or so he thought.

To his surprise, Luhan simply put his hands around his neck and leaned in to softly kiss Yixing’s cheek before padding back into the bedroom.

With his hand pressed to his cheek in surprise, Yixing sat there, dazed, for the longest time before recovering and getting up to make breakfast.

Sneaking into Luhan’s room quietly, he saw that Luhan had gone back to sleep. Setting the tray down, he reached over grab the thermometer and took Luhan’s temperature. Sighing disappointedly, he resigned himself to the fact that Luhan was still quite sick. Sitting down softly, next to Luhan on the bed,  he tried to ignore the beating of his heart, and the shortness of his breath. He ignored the urge to stay, and walked back into the living room to watch TV as he waited for Luhan to wake up.

Flicking through the channels, there really wasn’t anything to watch, in fact, he found his eyes looking at the door every other second. Giving up after a couple minutes, he got up and walked back into the room to sit next to Luhan. Holding Luhan’s warm hand in his, he watched Luhan sleep, his eyelashes fanning out on his cheek. Seeing Luhan-so fragile, so small, so pale, Yixing felt this urge to protect him. That he couldn’t let anything happen to Luhan, that he was responsible for him.

Luhan’s eyes opened, and the first thing he saw was Yixing’s face staring own at him seriously. Luhan pulled his hands up and rubbed his eyes to try and wake up. Pushing himself up, he saw that Yixing was still lost in his own world, and saw what looked like a delicious meal beckoning him.

Grabbing the tray, he placed it on his lap before digging in. He moaned in contentment at the wonderful taste before looking up at Yixing with the spoon still in his mouth. Shrugging at how out of it Yixing was, he continued eating as he waited for Yixing to return.

Finally, Yixing looked down at him almost confusedly, with a dazed smile, bringing out that little dimple on his cheek that Luhan loved so much.

“How’re you feeling?” Yixing’s hand reached out to cup Luhan’s cheek, thumb skimming over the pink on his face.

Luhan wanted to turn his head to press into Yixing’s warm hand, “I’m fine. And you’re here, aren’t you?” He stopped himself. Yixing had other people that he’d rather be with, remember?

Yixing looked at Luhan with a frown on his face. Why had Luhan pulled away? This only reinforced in Yixing’s mind the notion that Luhan had been confused when he’d confessed, that he hadn’t meant it, that Luhan had mixed up brotherly love and romantic love.

So what was this feeling in Yixing’s chest? The sour pang that said he didn’t like the idea. Shouldn’t he be relieved, that their friendship was still okay, that they didn’t have to tiptoe awkwardly around each other?

Still dazed, he was snapped out of his reverie by a well-placed flick to the head. Pressing a hand to his forehead, he glared at the other.

“Ow! Luhannie,” he whined, falling back easily into their normal routine.

Luhan grinned mischievously, but it quickly melted away into a wince as he sat up too quickly and his head spun. Reaching out for something to grab onto, he accidentally pulled Yixing down with him as he fell backwards.

Yixing’s eyes widened with shock as he lurched forward. Hitting the bed with a thud, he froze. He couldn’t get up, his shirt was grasped tightly in Luhan’s fist. Looking over, he saw Luhan’s eyes fluttering shut, a bright flush covering his face. Yixing’s hand came up hesitatingly, placing itself on Luhan’s forehead. A gasp escaped his lips, as he felt just how hot and damp with sweat his forehead was.

Frowning, Yixing berated himself. He should have seen the signs, should have known that Luhan’s fever had returned. He needed to get away, needed to find Luhan’s medicine. This fever just made it all the more urgent to get off the bed-but that was harder than it sounded.

To his surprise, he felt Luhan turn next to him. Trying to inch away, Luhan pulled him back, snuggling his way into Yixing’s arms. Heart pounding, Yixing tried to push Luhan away, but to no avail. Sighing, Yixing let his arms rest awkwardly around Luhan’s waist.

Deciding that the medicine could probably wait a couple more hours, Yixing let his eyes drift closed. He really was very tired.

[Author's Note:] SORRY. OH GOSH guys I'm so sorry for not updating in so long. It's been a crazy summer, I'm starting college this year, so I'm going to be really busy. But remember I love you guys :D Also, if you guys get frustrated, it's completely okay to nag me about updating...haha sometimes I just need the encouragement to get the chapter done. I'll try and update faster, I promise!