Going Home

The Confession

 

 

Backing away from the door, she quickly ran away to her office. Was her patient in love with that handsome man? Still thinking, she absentmindedly wrote down Luhan’s prescription. That Yixing guy-what he said was quite touching. Was-not something that you would say to a friend. Yet he said he didn’t love Luhan that way.

There was only one conclusion

Yixing was a complete and utter idiot who had forced himself into denial.

Even though she didn’t know them that well-didn’t know them at all, she felt like they deserved her help. And besides, now that she thinks about it, they are ridiculously cute together ( and apart); maybe they could introduce her to a friend? Who knows.

Walking to the door of the room, she quietly opened the door. She saw that Yixing was still there, sleeping soundly. Tiptoeing over, she shook him awake and beckoned him to the door. Walking into the hallway, she made sure they wouldn’t disturb Luhan before she spoke.

“Okay, so he’ll be completely fine. However, he may be weak, have headaches, and it would be best if someone could stay with him for at least a week. Does he have relatives?” Crossing her fingers, she prayed that the answer was no. Otherwise, her plan wouldn’t work too well.

“No, I don’t think so. I guess, I’ll just stay with him.”

Breathing a sigh of relief, she continued, “Now here is his prescription. Make sure to keep a close eye on him tonight. Tomorrow, call me and tell me his symptoms-it’s might be best if  you stay over for a month.” Internally, she patted herself on the back at a job well done. Now Yixing couldn’t possibly avoid his feelings.

Murmuring a quick thanks, Yixing opened the door. Turning back, he quickly said, “I’ll stay with him and then I’ll call you tomorrow, right?”

Nodding happily, she walked away.

Yixing quickly picked up Luhan, and walked him out the building and into his car.

As they drove away, Luhan’s eyes opened and one lone tear streamed down.

All he had heard was them leaving his room, and then Yixing coming back while saying that he’d call her. They must be going on a date. Or at the very least, Yixing really likes her. Luhan remembered Yixing saying that he really didn’t like calling people-it made him uncomfortable not being able to see their body language.

Luhan resigned himself to a life lost in love, and closed his eyes.

 

As they reached the apartment, Yixing quickly looked back at Luhan, who seemed to still be sleeping. Parking the car, he walked around to the back door and opened it quietly. Trying not to wake up Luhan, he pulled him out of the car and held him to his chest. Cradling Luhan, he closed the car door with his foot and began to walk into the apartment building. Pressing the elevator button with his elbow, he was struck by how light Luhan was.

Luhan tried to keep as still as possible as he felt Yixing carry him into the apartment building. He resisted the urge to snuggle deeper into Yixing’s chest as his heart hammered wildly in his chest. Yixing was holding him so closely. He felt protected and sheltered, he felt safe.

 But all that fell away as his mind returned to reality. The doctor….the doctor said that others thought he was an abomination. He was weird…he was not natural. And he had bothered Yixing, had burdened him with his problems, problems that Yixing shouldn’t have to deal with. Yixing must be so annoyed, must hate him even more now. Why was he even helping him? Luhan pushed all this from his mind as he settled into Yixing’s arms. This might be the last time he ever felt like this, when he was ever this close to Yixing.

 Looking down, Yixing’s heart panged at seeing the innocent expression on Luhan’s face. He was so pale, so fragile, so thin, so breakable. And he was almost broken. Luhan got sick, Luhan was almost caught, Luhan was almost broken all because of him. If he had run after Luhan, if he had sent him to a different hospital-Luhan would be okay.

Yixing pushed open the door to Luhan’s apartment. He placed Luhan gently on the bed and covered him with the blanket. Holding Luhan’s hand quietly, he was shocked at how cold it was. Feeling a draft come rushing in, he quickly realized the problem. Walking over to the still open window, he quickly closed it and drew the blinds. Sitting on the bed next to Luhan, he contented himself with watching Luhan sleep.

Luhan felt himself get lowered onto a bed, and goosebumps rose on his skin due to Yixing holding his hand gently. When Yixing slipped away, Luhan’s heart sank. Idiot. He thought, Now that you’re home, of course he’s going to leave. He has much better things to attend to than you.

His eyes opened slightly in surprise as he felt Yixing’s weight on the bed again. Wanting to see Yixing’s face, he slowly rubbed his eyes and feigned sleepiness as he stretched. Luhan opened his eyes fully to see Yixing acting weirdly-he was staring dazedly and only seemed to snap out of it after he saw Luhan look at him quizzically.

“Oh, you’re awake! Luhan, are you feeling okay? I bet you’re thirsty. Let me go and get something to drink, and maybe some rice? Just wait right here. Don’t move-stay right there…” And Yixing almost ran out of the room.

Yixing burst out of the bedroom and into the living room, his heart beating wildly. What was that back there? He berated himself for acting like a crazed idiot. He had suddenly gotten so distracted by Luhan stretching. His neck was a beautiful creamy white, and the way his shirt rode up-Yixing shook his head and walked towards the kitchen.  At the very least Luhan wasn’t here to…distract him again.

Suddenly, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He whirled around and lost his balance. Keeling backwards, he unthinkingly grabbed at the nearest thing and just dragged them down with him.

Luhan landed on him as they fell onto the couch. Propping himself up, he breathed deeply, recovering from the shock.

Yixing froze underneath Luhan, eyes staring unblinkingly at Luhan as he panted above him.

A/N: I'M BACKKKK

Okay this was so rushed. I was trying to get you guys something to read as soon as possible to make up for that like 12 day break. 

On another note, the east coast trip was SO AWESOME. I loved it. I recommend it to everybody. haha my brain is like dead. 

You see...I'm like taking Algebra 2 classes this summer, and after every class my brain turns to mush and everything gets all weird. I swear I can't concentrate on anything right now.

so I apologize for any incoherencies in this chapter. 

THANK YOU everybody

Oh and a special present for my subs...I really really really love you guys :)