ChanHo

Sherbet

 

As soon as they entered the store, they were hit by a wave of delicious aromas and the delectable smell of freshly baked goods. A female baker was moving around with a tray in hand, restocking the empty clear cabinets and tempting both young men with the scent that wafted from the still-hot buns she was packing.

“Junho!” 

He felt a weight on his shoulders just as Chansung draped an arm over them from behind, leaning over to ogle at the sight.

“It looks and smells so good,” the other male commented with a dreamy look.

Junho let out a small laugh. “I thought you’d like it. Grab us seats and give me a bit, I’m gonna get you something.”

Chansung removed his arms and turned the other boy to face him. “I don’t get to pick? I have to wait in the back, away from the pastries?” he asked, orbs rounding in exaggeration.

Junho laughed again, but softer this time. “Trust me.”

The glazed look in Chansung’s eyes disappeared as he gave into those simple words. “Okay.” He gave Junho a quick pat on the before heading off to the seating area.

Junho took a moment to look around; he hadn’t been to this place in a while. The little store sold an assortment of baked goods, from the simple cookies and donuts, to asian buns, lemon tarts and angel cake. It even had a small section for ice cream, but Junho hadn’t suggested the place to Nichkhun. Mostly because the flavours here weren’t as vast as the shop he and Nichkhun had talked about before, but also because he had considered this shop as one of his options for his own date.

Finding his target items, he loaded his tray and paid at the cash. Heading to the back he spotted Chansung immediately, sitting in a booth and playing with his phone.

“That looks so good,” the boy stated after he put said phone away, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

Junho merely chuckled. “Patience is a virtue, Channie.”

“Whoever said that obviously wasn’t staring at this,” Chansung replied, his gaze locked on the tray.

Junho smiled in response, and proceeded to nudge a particular bun from his pick. “Try this one.”

Chansung looked at the bun eagerly and picked it up to take a bite, revealing a creamy yellow-orange filling. Chansung’s eyes widened as he took in the taste.

Junho smirked at the reaction but his own eyes suddenly widened as Chansung finished the rest of it in two bites.

“Mango-filled bun?” The statement was muffled as Chansung exclaimed, mouth still full.

Junho
s head nodded in affirmation. It was the closest he could get. He wasn’t planning on taking Chansung to the market, and there was no way he was going to find dried mangoes on such short notice.

“Did you like?”

Chansung nodded rapidly. “ So good,” he replied, emphasizing both words with a grin.

“Good, cause I bought another one…” 

Junho trailed off as he watched Chansung devour half of said bun, and the older male pressed his lips together to prevent himself from laughing at the antic.

“What?” Chansung asked after placing the last piece in his mouth.

Junho just shook his head, his face blank as he popped a rice ball in his mouth. As he chewed, he could feel Chansung’s eyes on him.

“See something you like?” Junho asked innocently.

Chansung merely grinned. “People must tell you all the time how nice your smile is.”

“Yeah, I get that a lot.”

“Anyone tell you how gorgeous it is?”

Junho slowed his chewing and swallowed. He met Chansung’s eyes evenly despite the warmth he felt on his face and smirked. “Nope. That’s a first.”

“Well, just thought you should know.” With that, Chansung’s gaze returned to the tray, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Junho bit his lower lip. It’s not that he wasn’t embarrassed, it’s just that he wasn’t Khun. But their tray was empty, so he excused himself to get them more food.

This time he came back with a bowl and two spoons. Slipping into the seat opposite Chansung and leaning across the table, Junho pointed out the two big scoops of ice cream in the bowl.

“Lime and mango. Fruit flavoured ice cream. I forgot to ask what it’s called, but it’s kinda sour since its natural so…”

“It’s perfect,” Chansung told him with a smile, looking down at the untouched bowl.

They both picked up a spoon and took a mouthful each. The taste was indeed sour, but it was good. Junho placed his elbow on the table, the spoon held out in front of him.

“Your cheek.”

“Mmm.” Junho didn’t clearly hear him, his focus on the two mixing colours in the bowl.

“Junho, ice cream…”

“Hmm?”

Chansung leaned over and pecked him on the cheek before backing up and smiling mischievously. Junho blinked in surprise. Did he just? …I wonder how red my ears are, he thought to himself as he casually scooped for more ice cream.

“Liar,” he muttered to Chansung with a tiny smile.

“I told you didn’t I? It’s cute when your ears reveal your emotions.”

Yup, they’re definitely red.

“Anyways,” Junho started, trying to play off the incident that had just taken place.

They ate in silence, savouring the mixed sour and sweet taste of the fruity ice cream. Eyeing their now finished iced treat, Junho put his spoon down and picked up the empty bowl.

“I’ll go get more.” Junho got up to leave, but Chansung caught his wrist and pulled him down into the spot beside him.

“You’re always getting it, let me do it.”

Obstructed by his own actions, Chansung had to sidle past Junho’s knees that were now in the way. As he finally made his way out, Junho slipped his left hand in Chansung’s right, stopping the standing boy in his tracks.

“Junho?” Chansung raised his eyebrows at the motion.

“Hmm?”

Chansung indicated to his hand, and Junho froze.

Junho liked Chansung. He liked him a lot; there was no doubt about it. But that didn’t mean Chansung liked him back. There were signs for sure, but that didn’t mean Junho could assume…

“Sorry,” he mumbled. “My hand…”

Junho tried pulling his hand away, but Chansung squeezed it, trapping it in his grasp.

“Belongs right here.”

Chansung sat back down, slightly pushing Junho over. Chansung relaxed his grip and moved his hand so that their fingers intertwined instead.

“See? Perfect fit.”

 

Ain't it cute? LoL
One more chpt to go
=O