KhunYoung

Sherbet

 

Nichkhun closed his phone and looked at the time. Wooyoung was late, but Nichkhun didn’t mind. He knew Wooyoung was coming and there was no reason to be annoyed. How could he be? It was Wooyoung after all.

And within minutes, Wooyoung appeared, clad in a simple tee and dark wash jeans. He looked like he might have exerted some kind of effort at some point; his breathing was slightly heavier than normal and Nichkhun could see a few beads of sweat glistening above his brow.

“Hey,” The male straightened and took a breath before continueing, “sorry about that. I forgot crossing the park takes longer when I’m not on my roller blades.”

Nichkhun couldn’t help but smile, reminded of the first time he had encountered the graceful boy with those cheeks when he almost ran over his best friend; speaking of Junho.

“Did you wait long?” Wooyoung asked, interrupting his thoughts.

The Thai shook his head. “Junho was just updating me on his date.”

The youung man took a seat on his left and smirked in reply. “How are they doing?”

“Junho didn’t say much. But I did tell him about Chansung’s fruit cravings.”

“As long as Junho feeds him, they’re as good as set,” Wooyoung agreed with a grin.

Nichkhun chuckled quietly at the remark. Both Nichkhun and Junho had learned that Chansung had an abnormally large appetite, and Nichkhun knew that Junho would use it to his advantage. Breathing in the fresh air, Nichkhun shifted back in his seat to find a more comfortable position as it quiet. It was not to be mistaken with awkwardness: the scenery was peaceful and he was in good company.

“Hey Wooyoung,” Nichkun finally spoke up, “did you eat?”

Placing his left elbow on his knee, Wooyoung leaned forward, propping his head up against his palm.

“Yeah, a few hours ago,” He hesitated. “This wasn’t supposed to be a lunch date right? I mean, it’s kinda late and


“No no. I was just wondering,” Nichkhun interrupted quickly with a smile. He stood up and shouldered his bag, looking down fondly at his date. “Come on, I want to take you somewhere.”

Wooyoung gave him a quizzical expression as he stood up as well, eyeing Nichkhun with playful curiosity. "Why’d you bring a bag?”

Nichkhun’s eyes briefly widened as he quickly shrugged. “No reason.”

Wooyoung’s eyes flashed mischievously as he took a step, a smile playing on his lips. “What’s in the bag?”

Nichkhun innocently shrugged again, mustering the strength to keep up an innocent face. It got an immediate response, with Wooyoung responding with a small pout before leaning onto the older boy’s shoulder and starting a staring contest, their faces mere inches apart. This didn’t last very long however, as they both smirked at the same time but it was Nichkhun who was the first to turn away. Why did Wooyoung have to be so cute?

“I’ll tell you later okay?” Nichkhun told him, covering up with quiet laughter. “First, I want to take you somewhere.”

Wooyoung raised his eyebrows and gave him a suspicious look. “You won’t tell me what’s in your bag, and now you wanna take me somewhere. Khun, I didn’t know we were moving so fast…”

Nichkhun shoved the younger boy playfully as he turned, walking off without a word.

“Hey…” Wooyoung replied in mock offence, quickly catching up to the Thai. As they waited for a streetlight, he inquired, “So where are we going?”

“Well…” Nichkhun began before pausing. He wasn’t sure how much to divulge, but he didn’t want to build up unnecessary expectations. “Umm… I thought we’d go grab something to eat.”

“Cool,” Wooyoung replied absently as they crossed the street.

As they approached their destination, Nichkhun turned to glance at a familiar street. If he could recall, there was a mixed bakery pastry store further down in that direction that also carried assorted flavours of ice cream as well. If Junho hadn’t emphasized ice cream as Wooyoung’s choice of food, Nichkhun would have brought the younger boy to that place instead. But the place they were heading to definitely had a bigger selection of iced treats.

“Here.” Nichkhun led the way to the entrance and opened the door, welcoming the cool air that counteracted with the warm air outside. Nichkhun stole a glance at the younger boy and was pleased at the sight: Wooyoung’s eyes had widened as he slowly took in his surroundings.

“Holy…”

The Thai chuckled under his breath and nodded in thanks at the cashhier as he was given a stamping sheet.

“Come on Wooyoung, staring won’t actually get you anything. You have to physically move you know.”

Wooyoung practically disappeared from his side as he headed straight for the nearest counter unit and Nichkhun joined him at a slower pace as they stared down at the ice cream containers.

“Khun, you’re amazing,” Wooyoung breathed out in awe without taking his eyes off the colours.

Nichkhun merely smiled as the person behind the counter scooped their chosen flavours and stamped their sheet. They carried their bowls of ice cream and quickly found seats by the back.

“Khun, I’ve been craving ice cream for a while now. Did I tell you that you’re amazing?”

Nichkhun laughed in response. “I’m glad you like.”

Wooyoung nodded eagerly, a spoonful of what Nichkhun was pretty sure was cherry vanilla ice cream already in his mouth. As they ate, Nichkhun narrowed his eyes at Wooyoung’s bowl where four different flavours were slowly mixing to become one mess of color.

“How’s that taste?” Nichkhun asked in amusement, looking down at the strange mixture.

“So good,” Wooyoung replied without missing a beat. Nichkhun smiled back as he finished his bowl of Neapolitan (chocolate/vanilla/strawberry) ice cream. He was content with watching Wooyoung eat; the boy’s expression every time he took a bite and the way his tongue caught the melted ice cream on his lips was enough to keep the Thai in his seat.

“You’re not hungry?”

Nichkhun’s eyes fell to his empty bowl before he looked back up. “You’re right, I’ll be back,” he said begrudgedly.

Nichkhun pulled himself up and wandered back to the front where something caught his eye. With a smile he walked over and pointed out his choices to the lady behind the counter.

When he came back, Wooyoung was about done his crazy mixture of ice cream. He eyed the older boy’s bowl as Nichkhun sat down.

“What’d you get?”

“Sherbet ice cream. Junho and I used to have this the rare times we went for ice cream. It’s been a while. Have you had Sherbet before?” Nichkhun asked before taking a scoop of his ice cream and placing it in his mouth.

Wooyoung shook his head as he finished his own off. “Looks good. I’ll go get some.”

He made a move to get up before remembering about his empty bowl. Turning back to grab it, he was met with Nichkhun’s lips instead. Wooyoung’s mouth had been slightly agape to begin with, and the older boy easily slipped his tongue in as they kissed. The cold feeling Nichkhun had in his mouth from the ice cream mingled with the warmth of their tongues, the sensation making their first kiss just that more explosive.

He finally backed up, his cheeks hinting a touch of colour, not to mention there was something fluttering in his stomach, but his eyes focused on the figure in front of him. Wooyoung was blinking rapidly in surprise.

“Raspberry,” he finally managed to say.

“Blue raspberry, actually,” Nichkhun corrected with a smile.

“I think I wanna try some more.”

Nichkhun was about to offer his bowl when Wooyoung’s mouth caught his own in another kiss. This time, Nichkhun could taste the strong mint chocolate Wooyoung had from underneath the sour raspberry flavour of his own ice cream. Wait, was that the cherry? I didn’t know he had chocolate or orange either… They didn’t kiss for too long though; they were still in a public place, albeit in a more secluded area in the back. It would have to do for now.

“I think I’m good for a 3rd round,” Wooyoung stated casually, eyeing Nichkhun’s now empty bowl. Nichkhun stared at the younger boy accusingly, knowing the latter wasn’t talking about ice cream. “What? You started it,” Wooyoung hesitated. “I never knew blue raspberry Sherbet could taste so good,” he added.

Nichkhun suppressed a laugh. “I should have started with the orange Sherbet.”

“Why?”

“Cause I took the last scoop of raspberry Sherbet from the container.”

Wooyoung paused, before commenting with a sly smile, “Did you want to try with the orange Sherbet instead then?”

* * * * *

Were you all waiting for some KhunYoung? =D
It's almost done! Just a few more doses of Fluff left