ChanHo

Sherbet

Junho – Did you meet up with Woo yet?
Nichkhun – Shouldn’t you be paying attention to your own date? =P
Junho – Yeah about that Khun. You & Woo didn’t have to set us up you know, you guys just made it awkward
Nichkhun – Hey. Now you know how I felt every time you disappeared on me Ho
Junho – =D It worked didn’t it?
Nichkhun – Shuddup. =]
Junho – Haha. Anyway, do you have a set plan for your date with Woo 2day?
Nichkhun – Not really… why?
Junho – Chan told me he really likes ice cream. Why don’t you take him to the parlour by the bank?
Nichkhun – The ice cream parlour downtown? Does he like ice cream that much?
Junho – Seems so. You’re welcome.
Nichkhun – LoL. That reminds me. Woo told me Chan likes fruits. Especially bananas and dried mangoes
Junho – So what am I supposed to do? Take Chan to the grocery store? -__-
Nichkhun – Hey, it’s just an idea. I’m just trying to help
Junho – lol. Anyway, Chan’s back, I’ll ttyl
Nichkhun – Dried mangoes! =D
Junho – Haha. Have fun with your ice cream ;P


Junho shut his phone and slipped it back in his pocket, looking up to see Chansung’s smiling face. Junho couldn’t help but beam as Chansung approached him. Why had it taken him so long to realize that he was crushing so hard?

Chansung was easy going and fun. He came off tough and manly, but somehow sweet and cute at the same time and Junho loved the balance. Chansung had such a contagious laugh, and Junho honestly did not know why it had taken him so long to realize his feelings.

“Hey, what’s up?”

Junho blinked a couple of times at the sudden question. “Huh? Nothing, why?”

“Just wondering, since your ears are looking kinda red,” Chansung pointed out with a sly grin.

Junho instinctively brought his hands to the tip of his ears. “Yeah, my ears are weird like that,” he mumbled.

“I think it’s cute.”

Junho automatically let out a small laugh, figuring that his cheeks were probably slowly matching the colour of his ears, not that he could really do much about it though.

“I was just texting Khun,” he tried instead, trying to distract his mind from the previous comment. “Telling him that we can handle ourselves.”

“Yeah. Wooyoung was going on about how he’d bought a pair of tickets online for the movies, and how he’d forgotten that he was working so I should use them instead, and to take someone with me.” Chansung gave a chuckle. “I think he expected me to actually believe that he had forgotten what time he was working. His shifts are always at the same time.”

Junho smirked at the comment, adding his own. “Well, you should have seen Khun. He wouldn’t stop asking which movie I hadn’t seen yet and which one I wanted to see. Then he started asking me what I was doing today, and how there were better things to do than going to the studio.”

“Well, are there?” Chansung’s eyes flickered with mirth as he watched the shorter boy.

Junho swallowed, but he held his ground. “I have to admit, it was probably be the only thing Khun was right about.”

Chansung laughed. “So, where to next?”

After they had finished watching the action movie Wooyoung had bought tickets for, Chansung had wanted to face him in a game of air hockey, a game in which Junho had barely won. Chansung had slipped off to the washroom as Junho went outside for a breath of fresh air.

Bananas. Mangoes? You gotta be kidding me.

“Are you hungry?” Chansung raised his eyebrows at Junho’s question as the latter laughed. “I’m just asking, but I figured you were. I have a place in mind.”

With a smile, Junho led the way as they fell into place beside each other. Junho talked about his music and his art, and Chansung told him about his dancing and his passion for acting. Only Junho’s abrupt stop as they walked put it their conversation on pause as he looked around. So engaged was he that he had almost walked past their destination.

“Oh. We’re here,” he announced with a grin.

Chansung brought his gaze up at to the name sign of the shop before peering through the window. “Is it a… bakery?”

Junho laughed under his breath. “Sorta.” He walked up the few steps and leaned forward to pull the door open for a young woman who was on her way out.

“Thank you,” was what followed until she turned and gasped in surprise. “Channie!” The young woman launched herself at him and Chansung stumbled back in surprise.

Junho blinked. He was not jealous. He wasn’t.

“You’re choking me…” Chansung told the girl that had latched onto him, though the slow forming smile was hard to miss.

“Oh, gomennasai.” She let go to get a proper look at him. “You’re usually the one strangling people, I thought I’d show you how it felt.”

Chansung gave her a look that held not heat, especially with the corner of his lips turned up.

Junho wasn’t jealous.

“Chan-kun. Is this?” She didn't finish her sentence, instead looking at Junho and smiling instead.

“Umm…”

Junho turned to Chansung, who for the first time was looking rather awkward.

“Aww. Kawaii!” she burst out in delight. “Hi! I’m Leemae, Chansung’s cousin. You must be Junho.”

Junho was slightly baffled at the enthusiasm of the young woman in front of him as he took a glance over at the taller boy. Chansung’s cheeks had suddenly taken on a shade of pink, his gaze narrowing at his cousin. Junho smiled as relief slowly flooded him, soon replaced by amusement. He turned and quickly shook Leemae’s hand before he left it hanging any longer.

“How did my little cousin land a cutie like you?” she asked with a shameless wink.

Junho could feel heat blooming in his own cheeks as he blinked in surprise, taken off guard by her straightforwardness.

“Kawaii. Well, I’ll leave you boys alone. Chan-kun’s such a lucky guy.”

She turned to walk off as Junho responded almost automatically, “Naw.”

She turned back. “Hm?”

“You’re wrong,” he replied with a small chuckle. “I’m the lucky one.” A smile slowly spread across her face at his words. “I like you. Chan-kun, if uncle gives you a hard time, I’ll vouch for him,” Leemae told Chansung with a little finger wave. “Now all that’s left is to meet that boy my cheeky little cousin has been talking about…” 

Junho watched her retreating back before looking back to see that Chansung’s cheeks were still flushed from embarrassment.

“If she acts the same way with Wooyoung as she does with you, Khun’s gonna die from jealousy.”

Chansung finally looked up at him. “Jealousy?”

It was Junho’s turn to flush, but he chose to turn away instead to hide his face. “I think we should go in.”

* * * * *

Because I thought it'd be a fun time for a cliff hangar? =D