Chapter 7.

"C'mon... I Dare You!"

 

 

 

 

You had slept in once again on Sunday, but managed to grab some leftover scraps of what appeared to be food for breakfast. Where Jongup had gotten yesterday’s breakfast you’ll never know.

 

You avoided the boys too. Somehow you knew that they were also avoiding you. Except Jongup who persisted to learn more of how to get a girl. You had told him to “piss off” after he had followed you so closely that his shoe had step on your shoe’s heel, causing your foot to slip out. He had sulked, but you ignored him by storming away.

 

You managed to gulp down lunch and dinner without too much hassle, although your stomach had threatened to release the contents. You ran to the cabin in the fading light as the cafeteria began to fill up.

 

As long as I avoid them, I won’t do anything stupid, right? Like accept another stupid dare. By the way, what happened to “you’ll be sorry”? I thought I would be hassled until I was thrown out of the camp! I guess he’s all bark and no bite.

 

You had stared aimlessly at the ceiling for however long before you heard the boyish laughter and talking draw near. You dove under the covers and feigned sleep.

 

You recognised Jongup’s voice instantly, “-and then I told her ‘If you talk to me like that again, we’re through!’”

 

“What did she say then?” Zelo piped up. You attempted to snuggle deeper into the thin sheets, as you had no interest in his ‘love life’.

 

“Well… like any mother she sent me to my room to do my work. The next thing I know she told me I was going here!”

 

There was scattered laughter and then a shushing sound, “SHHHHHH~ I think she’s asleep already!” you imagined Daehyun pointing to you.

 

“Why on earth would she be tired already?” Himchan growled, “She has no idea what she’s in for!”

 

“What do you mean?” the voice could only be that mysterious Yongjae’s.

 

You could almost hear Himchan smirk “You’ll see! After tomorrow she will going to run home crying!”

 

For a while there were hushed whispers and the rustling of clothes as they changed. You squeezed our eyes tighter, pleading for sleep. Steps padded softly past your bed and into the bathroom. A few seconds there was a gagging sound and the person ran back.

 

“Someone really needs to clean that bathroom! I can’t even… ugh!” Yongguk whined.

 

“Can’t she do it? It’s a woman’s job!”

 

You stiffened. Idiots. I am not a woman! I am… ugh I’m a girl! There’s a difference! Especially since a woman knows how to cook and likes to clean, which I don’t.

 

Everything slowly began to fade away as sleep came over you. You relaxed your body and fell into the dark abyss of dreamless sleep.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

At first you thought it was your imagination. It just couldn't be an alarm. Somewhere, somehow, a shrill ringing was interfering your dream of eating a mountain of chocolate.

 

 

You paused in mid-bite to look around.

Suddenly there was a surging sensation and your eyes opened with a start. It was still dark. And the screeching wail of an alarm still blasted away within the cabin.

 

 

What the ? I don't have an alarm.

 

 

The ringing was loud and it seemed to be exploding in your ear.

 

 

A deep voice growled in the darkness "Whoever has that alarm better ing turn it off before I kill them."

 

 

You sat up, startled. Then sunk back down in your broken bed. It was still broken, making you roll into the cold wall. Half of your face felt flat and your whole right arm had been rendered asleep by the pressure of your body. It ached almost from the numbness itself.

 

 

The cabin suddenly burst into light. You all groaned in unison and covered yourselves with blankets, attempting to hide. You had a deep feeling of dread wallowing in your half-asleep state.

 

 

"Come on guys! That's the alarm to get up!" the annoying voice of Himchan rang cheerfully in the blinding light.

 

 

No… no no no no no!

SPARE ME PLEASE!

 

 

There was a sudden yelp and you blearily opened on eye, blinking a couple of times to focus your sight. You saw the young pink-haired guy on the ground, rubbing his head sulkily as he whined 'Yah, hyung, why did you do that?"

 

 

Himchan grinned evilly "This is just WHAT I'm going to do to anyone who defies my uncle's rules."

 

 

U-uncle? What the fu- You rolled over, not bothering to end your thoughts. You were too tired to waste your precious sleep time on this.

 

 

"What the hell are you talking about? It's 4 am in the ing morning. Go back to sleep..." a voice croaked from under the covers of one of the other beds.

 

 

"The Commander! He is my uncle! Just thought I'd let you all know now! Haha, I was waiting for this moment all week!"

 

 

You flinched inwardly as you shut your eyes, slowly drifting back off to sleep. Great. Not only is he a goody-goody, but he's also going to report whatever we do. Could my life get any worse?

 

 

 All of a sudden there was a rushing sound and cold liquid splashes over you, breaking you immediately from your dreams. You sat up with a yelp and gasped for breath and realized that your face and torso were soaked with freezing cold water. Your blankets had been thrown back and a dark figure stood over you chuckling. Himchan: the demon from hell in your eyes.

 

 

"Good morning, Girl. Let's start your first real day in hell with a smile shall we?"

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

There was barely any light. The sun hadn't even risen, but the sky was a dim grey. You trudged out after the others, after getting changed into tack pants and a hoodie in the disgusting bathroom. You took a mental note to force them to clean it later.

 

 

You shivered slightly in the cool morning air. Huh… what do you mean "cool" morning air? It's freezing! You hugged your arms close to your chest. Your right arm had returned to life, but it felt as though stars and fireworks were exploding from the inside. You weren't even sure what you were doing.

 

 

In an attempt to distract yourself from the thought of your abandoned bed you looked at your surroundings. Or… at least you thought you were. You had know clue, since was it almost pitch black, but you could make out small processions of torch lights all heading towards one large lighted building, which you remembered as the Cafeteria. It was silent, except for the crunching of the frosted grass and the panting of seven shivering teenagers.

 

 

Once inside it was much different from the meals before, when it seemed like a madhouse. The only noises were the sounds of shuffling boots and loud yawns. Many guys, you noticed, still wore their pajamas and hadn't even bothered to wash their face or brush their hair. You touched your own hair. Dammit, neither did I! I must look like an utter mess.

 

 

You reached your table (you were the only one to have occupied it so far) as the room began to fill up and collapsed facedown. Maybe I can grab a little bit more sleep.

 

 

"May I have you're attention please!" A harsh female voice reached your eyes. Your eyes widened as you turned to the front of the cafeteria.

 

At first glance you could've sworn the figure standing there was a man, but looking closely you could pick out the feminism points. She was incredibly buff, her muscled legs seemed as thick as tree trunks compared to your own. Half consciously you wondered how hard she would've had to exercise to achieve such a shape.

 

 

A twisted smile crawled across her thin lips "Good, thank you for your consideration." sarcasm dripped from her words as she mutters "Now, I am going to be your coach! Coach Park Gae-un! "

 

 

Your eyes widened slightly. Coach? Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good!

 

 

The lady continued "Every morning at 5:15 AM after the 5AM alarm you will present yourself at the cafeteria to receive your breakfast and then you'll all continue to do morning exercises and training until 7AM. On weekends it is not compulsory, but you'll exercise until lunch. The rest of the afternoon will be yours gentlemen. How does that sound?"

 

 

There was an almost deathly-silence as the news sunk into the thick skulls of the males. Meanwhile you were already planning a way to sneak out. There is now way I'm going to exercise everyday! How to escape… You considered making a run for it, but that would be stupid you realized bitterly. it up! It's probably only mild stupid sport games like the others school did. I always found a way to sit out, and so shall I this time.

 

 

A deep voice called out "If we have to get here at uh… 5-ish in the morning… why are we here an hour early?"

 

 

The lady's eyes searched the crowd for the boy who had spoken the question on everyone's mind. For a moment her eyes rested on you and then she turned away. But you could swear you had seen her eyes glitter with evil at you.

 

 

"That is because I've got some rules to lay out for you. Now listen carefully boys and girl: Rule Number One: No student shall leave the premises without approval from the Board. And when you do you have to travel in pairs or more. Rule Number Two: Your assigned team shall be the same for the rest of the year. This team will be used in sports, competitions, chores, ect."

 

 

Your ears perked up at the words "team", but the words "sports, competitions and chores" caught your full attention. They were all things you hated.

 

 

The lady took a breath and continued "Rule Three: No student shall miss out on their school or military schedules unless diagnosed ill or attending a family issue or with a grant from the Board. Rule Four: There shall be no pets of any kind on these premises. Rule Five: Orders from the Leaders or your teachers must at all times be obeyed. Anyone caught disobeying will receive his or her punishment personally from the Commander. This includes morning exercises, class times and other events that are being planned at this very moment."

 

 

With every new rule you began to hate this place more and more.

 

 

"Rule Six: You must salute our flag in the proper way whenever you see it, no matter what time or place. Has everyone got that so far?"

 

 

Your head sunk in despair onto the table. Your eyes shut automatically and slowly everything faded away.

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

You awoke with a start when you felt someone touching your shoulder. You peered at your surroundings and found yourself sharing the same table as your roommates. You had slept for 30 minutes.

 

Daehyun grinned when you saw you awaken "Had a nice nap?"

 

 

You frowned "What are all of you doing here?"

 

 

Himchan glared back, while the others avoided eye contact.

 

 

Daehyun spoke again "We're a team. They decided to make the teams with each cabin, and since you're with us…" his voice trailed away.

 

 

You shrugged and acted like you didn't care. You had half-figured this would happen. There was a loud clutter as the shutters of the canteen's kitchen opened. Boys began crowding around, grabbing trays.

 

 

There was an ear-piercing whistle, making you almost jump out of your skin.

 

 

“Breakfast is not to be served until after training!” the lady was still standing there. The cold glare in her eyes forced the eager boys to slink back to their tables.

 

 

“Now, come outside marching two by two. And then… we shall begin!”

 

 

Himchan sniggered at your horrified face. You managed to stop yourself from attacking him right there and then.

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -         - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Two by two my foot! You grumbled to yourself as you attempted to follow the large boys in front of you. You were the odd one out and had no partner. As usual-

 

 

“YAH! March in time!” The boy in front of you hissed. Himchan.

 

 

Being your stubborn self, you didn’t even try to march, let alone in time with Himchan. He looks like a robot!

 

 

A cold blast of wind rushed around you as you stepped outside. How did it get so windy so quickly? Great, let’s just freeze to death!

 

The harsh voice of the Coach-lady rang out in the dim morning “Okay! Aaaaand HALT!”

 

You stopped and leaned slightly back, looking up at the light grey sky. The Coach was dividing the long line into groups of thirty and the other groups were led away by other sub-coaches.

 

Next thing you know the Coach was yelling “Okay! Now down you go! On your hands and toes! Push-ups now! C’mon c’mon! One hundred push-ups for the start of the warm up!”

 

She stormed up to you and yelled in your ears. You felt slightly lost as you joined the long line of guys pushing themselves up from the ground. Within moments your biceps were burning and you began to tremble.

 

Boy, am I unfit, you thought as you watched some guys push themselves effortlessly. Others, like you, struggled to even lift themselves from the wet grass.

 

“Ahh, !” the guy next to you growled and he seemed to choke on his breath.

 

“Isn’t it?” you mumbled. The guy spared a glance at you and you recognised Youngjae’s piercing black eyes staring at you. Somehow, with that single glance, you felt stronger and managed to continue to push yourself.

 

Come on… come on… let’s… do… this… argh…

 

When the Coach called for a halt you joined the group by collapsing on the ground. The Coach dragged each of you to your feet and then ordered you two laps of the field.

 

W-what? You were even stuttering in your mind. You were already exhausted and could barely manage to go faster than a trudge.

 

Pumping your arms to make it look like you were jogging you dragged yourself after the speeding group. Die… dead… me… dead… gasp… oh god… why… W-why… gasp…

 

 “You okay?”

 

You pulled your eyes from the dark grass to see Youngjae jogging beside you. You gasped and nodded. You wanted to die. Just to stop the pain in your joints and muscles. Even so, you felt comforted with his concern.

 

“Slowpokes! Hahahahaa~” Himchan’s voice rang out as he bolted past you two.

 

“T-that jerk!” you clenched your teeth as your forced your numb legs to move on. One day, Himchan… one day you’re going to pay for rubbing this in my face…

 

 

Author Notes:

Should I add competition?

EXO (probably K) or if that's cliche (like this whole story... u.u;) another group?

Or just B.A.P-based?
 

I don't really mind either way, so I'll leave it up to the readers!

Please vote!