Chapter 3.

"C'mon... I Dare You!"

 

 

"So…" your voice cracked a bit "So where am I staying?"

 

At this the guy perked up "With me, of course! Oh and also some other weirdo’s." he chuckled at what he said. You raised your eyebrow, not amused. Was he expecting me to be drooling over him or something?

 

You waited patiently for him to lead the way, ignoring his ‘joke’. He noticed this, cleared his throat and began to walk towards the back of the hall. You gripped onto your suitcase and followed.

 

Inside you were freaking out 'OhmyGoh-… I can't even… I'm going to stay with this guy?! He's still a guy and he could be ert for all I know. And didn’t he mention ‘weirdos’ as well? Well, that just… "" great"" news for me isn't it? 

 

Suddenly you snapped out of your thoughts as a warm hand gripped over yours. The guy smiled at you as he took your suitcase from you "Here, that looks heavy. My name is Daehyun, by the way. Your name is Jung, right?"

 

You nodded, avoiding eye contact and wiped the sweat that had come from his hand on your jeans. Daehyun nodded to himself and remain silent as he opened a door outside. Inside, though, a million thoughts were running around his mind, full of confusion, fear and mischievous glee.

 

Outside, at the back of the building, was a large area with the fence still trapping you inside. Daehyun began to lift your suitcase over the puddles and mud, while you trudged behind, also avoiding the mud to ruin your converses.

 

I should have brought boots. You thought wistfully, as you un-gracefully jumped over a slimy part, your arms held out airplane-style for balance. You slipped a few feet when you landed, causing your heart to jump into your mouth for a moment. You quickly checked to see if anyone had seen and continued after the boy as if nothing happened.

 

Wooden huts lay in the mud, depressing your mood further at the dreary scene. Your misery was distracted by yells and shouts as groups of teenage boys played basketball on a court and other sports in the muddy grassy area beyond the huts.

 

'Well this certainly is a dump! Complete with homeless strays.'You wrinkled your nose sulkily.

 

You slowly approached a cabin, slightly set aside from the rest, but only but a few meters. Yells and laughter could be heard inside. Fear rumbled inside and all instincts told you to run back and beg your father to take you back. He wouldn’t of signed anything yet, right? If I go now, I could stop him! Ready, steady… come on legs just turn and run...

 

But you kept your emotionless mask on and your legs continued to move on.

 

When Daehyun opened the door something pink flashed before him, "Hyung! Back so soon? What punishment did you receive?"

 

You blinked when you realized it was a guy… with pink hair. He hadn't noticed you yet. Meanwhile Daehyun smirked while he answered "Punishment? Oh it was a very, uh, unique one. I herby announce our new roommate, Lee Jung."

 

He moved aside, exposing me to my new roommates. The pink hair guy opened his mouth in shock; another guy fell off his bed. Two other guys at the back froze and gaped as well, while a blonde guy in the corner raised his eyebrow.  All you could think was how hot these guys looked, At least from a distance. You corrected yourself. They probably look like trolls up close.

 

You attempted a small wave and a greeting, trying to break the awkward silence. Daehyun began laughing loudly, taking photos with his camera 'This will be good for blackmailing later.' he grinned. Suddenly they all seemed to come to life and swarmed towards you.

 

"Lee Jung, is it?" "Are you serious?!" "Hi! How old are you?" "What the ?!" "Ahaha, I can't believe the Commander trusts us this much!"

 

You grimaced inside at the last comment. They all surrounded you, blasting you with questions. Suddenly Daehyun pushed them aside "C'mon guys, give her some space. Here, Miss Lee, let me introduce you to these morons on a first-name basis."

 

A few of the guys glared at Daehyun, but you felt slightly better as he seemed to begin to take a brotherly role. But there was something dishonest about him, you just couldn't put your finger on it.

 

He walked up to the tall, pink haired guy, you thought that he looked pretty cute, with pink-hair anyway. "This, here, is Zelo. The youngest of us." Zelo waved shyly. You bowed slightly.

 

Then Daehyun moved to another guy, this time with rich chestnut hair. The guy stepped forward "Hi cutie, my name is Jongup."

 

You kept your sullen mask on as you bowed, but inside you felt like hitting him. Cutie huh? I'll show you how 'cute' I can get if you piss me off. Okay, erted-jerk list has one volunteer.

 

Another guy stepped forward, this time with purple hair. What the hell is it with these guys and dying their hair so weirdly? you wondered. When he spoke, his voice was so deep that you were startled for a moment.

 

"Hello Miss Lee. My name is Yongguk." he bowed stiffly and you returned the greeting. Well at least two guys have some manners. you thought of Daehyun carrying your suitcase for you,

 

Suddenly Daehyun spoke, "And this blonde guy is Youngjae."

 

Youngjae's face was emotionless, but his eyes were dark and blank. He gave off a creepy vibe. You bowed anyways, while he nodded. Your back was aching now, since your neck was still stiff.

 

Daehyun turned to the last guy "And this is H-"

 

Himchan." The guy growled, and gave you a dark look. "And there is no way that YOU are going to stay here."

"Well I am. And I'm not leaving." You immediately had a deep hate for this guy. He reminded you too much of your dad and of yourself. Wait! Rewind, rewindrewindrewind!!!! WHAT DID I SAY?

 

"Well then…" he stepped forward, towering over you, his dark eyes glinting with hostility "I guess we'll just have to make it Hell for you, until you do."

 

Somehow you knew that no matter what he’ll say, that you would take it as a challenge and argue with him. Well, if that is what he’s going to be like, then so be it. I love challenges.

 

“Oh, well here’s a newsflash for you. I’m here and I’m going to stay. You guys can’t force me to leave.”

 

“Wanna bet?” he muttered dangerously. He leaned down so that the both of you were glaring into each other’s eyes. Lee Jung… so help me if you say one more thing...

 

“Oh yeah. Come on, I dare you to try. I’m going to stay here.” You hated being challenged and making dares, because you knew that you would always go out of your way to win. Dammit! Why don't you listen to yourself?

 

The creepy guy (‘Himchan was it?’) looked as though we was going to explode, then he broke into a cruel smile “Then so be it.”

 

What just happened? I’ve only been here for 30 seconds and I’ve made enemies?!?! you thought to yourself, and glanced to the other guys, who were silent. Great. The last thing I need is to get into another fight and be expelled again… See what happens when you don't listen to the good advice you give yourself?

 

Suddenly, Daehyun stepped forward with an impish grin on his face “I say that we leave Miss Lee Jung to think about whether to unpack or not.”

 

There goes your brotherly-figure, you two-faced jerk. You glared at him. He ignored your death stares and led the group of boys outside.

 

You could here them muttering among each other, “… no place for a girl.” “Boy, this is going to be fun.” “She’s going to regre-et it.” “She’s doomed if she’s going to stay.”

 

And then you were alone. You sullenly turned around to find your bed. There were two rows on opposite walls. You spied a neatly made bed at the end of a row of 4 beds on the left side of the room and began to make your way to it. The other beds were messily made or not even made at all.

 

Instead of another bed across from yours there was a door. You curiously walked towards it. As you opened the door you began to gag as you were engulfed by a ghastly stench.

 

‘Ah, the bathroom.’ You thought as you slammed the door ‘Of course it would smell like that, with six guys in the room.’

 

You proceeded to sit on your bed. It was wooden and the mattress was thin and mouldy. ‘Ugh, wonderful.’ All the beds had navy green sheets and blankets.

 

All of a sudden you were overwhelmed with a cascade of emotions and you put your face into your cupped hands, your elbows sat on your knees. Survive? Here? It wasn’t possible. ‘Stupid! Why do you always say the wrong things? Why must you always try to win these stupid bets! Six guys?! I can’t compete with six guys! I don’t even want to be here, but now I have to fight for my 'right'? F.M.L… You, Lee Jung, are an idiot. **AND** they act like I came here on my own choice! Who is their right mind, would want to come here? If I had the chance I would gladly leave.

 

You grudgingly opened your backpack and your eyes fell onto the photograph of your mother. You smiled to yourself, imagining her saying ‘Six guys? They’re not as intelligent as you are, my dear. Why, you can easily win this. Win this for me.’

 

Okay that was just too cheesy… but you know what? I’m a girl. So you’ll just have to live with this ghastly cheesiness because I’m not changing for anyone! But really… too cheesy Lee Jung. 

 

You gave a shrewd smile and shoved the photograph under the other stuff. You didn’t want to hear her voice telling you that you were right. You lay back on the bed; the back of your right hand lay across your forehead, while the other scratched at the rough sheets.

 

‘What have I gotten myself into?’