7

“Destiny? How cliché!”

 

 

 

 

Yiseul stared at you with tears in her eyes. “I hate you.”

Yisuel’s slap was nothing compared to the words she has just said. It hit you like an arrow,. You didn’t know why you care about what Yiseul thinks about you but you still do. Maybe, it’s because you have never known the reason behind her hatred for you.

“Saerin…what happened?” He asked you when he saw Yiseul running off while crying.

Chanyeol looked at you with a confuse expression while you just stared at the ground. “Look for her.” You said bitterly and Chanyeol nodded his head and ran.

Just after Chanyeol left, Baekhyun came to the kitchen, looking for Yiseul. “Chanyeol is looking for her right now. Let’s help him.” You grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and pulled him out of the kitchen.

Baekhyun’s house was big so it was hard looking for Yiseul, especially with students from your school lurking around. You and Baekhyun looked everywhere; from the living room, bathrooms to the all of the rooms.

“Let’s go to the garden.” He suggested and you agreed. When you went out of the house and entered the garden, you saw something which make you stop on your tracks.

Chanyeol kissing Yiseul beside the small koi pond.

You did not really understand why but you felt your heart ache a little. Maybe, you’re already getting attached to Chanyeol. Apparently, the heart of the guy beside you was aching too.

You looked at Baekhyun and saw his eyes which were full of anger. He looked like he was about to run towards Chanyeol and beat him to pulps but he didn’t. He ran away with his fists clenched instead.

You guessed that he couldn’t stand to see his best friend kissing the girl he loves.

You went inside and followed Baekhyun, who was going up stairs. He went to a hallway that has a dead end and pulled something down. It was a ladder.

 “An attic?” You whispered to yourself.

You decided to follow him and climb the ladder as well. “Who’s there?” Baekhyun’s frightened voice greeted you as soon as you reached the top.

“It’s me Saerin.” You searched for Baekhyun in the dark room. He was sitting on the corner beside a dusty box covered with a blanket.

 “Can I sit beside you?” He nodded his head and you sat beside him.

“Why are you here?” Baekhyun asked, breaking the silence in the room.

“I just wanted to comfort you.”

Baekhyun sighed and made eye contact with you.” If you want to comfort me then why aren’t you saying or doing anything?”

“That’s because I don’t know what I will do or say.” You looked down, feeling so stupid.

“Is that so?”

Again there was silence around the room so you were thinking about what you can say or do to make Baekhyun smile or laugh. What would grandma say in this situation?

“Baekhyun, Life can be hard like a rock but sometimes rock doesn’t need to be hard.” You inwardly cursed, thinking about how you didn’t make any sense.

“Ah!” He said, understanding what you said.

“It made sense?” You smiled.

“No it didn’t. You’re so funny.” He ruffled your hair and forced a smile.

You grabbed Baekhyun’s hands and looked at him in the eye. “Baekhyun, what I’m saying is that you don’t need to keep your feelings for yourself. Let it out. I’ll be you crying shoulder and I’ll listen to what ever you’ll say.”

He looked at you and dug his head on your shoulders. You were a bit startled even after telling him that he could. You slowly embraced him and caressed his back. “J-just let it all out.”

After a few minutes he backed up, with tears on his red cheeks. “Thanks,” He wiped the tears on his eyes. “And sorry about wasting your time. We should really go back downstairs.”

“It’s alright; you’re not really wasting my time. I would rather be here at the attic with you that down stairs with a bunch of strangers.” You suddenly remembered Chanyeol, who was going to bring you back home. He must be looking for you now.

“Yeah, it’s almost midnight. I bet people are already leaving. I’ll drive you home.” He offered and you shook your head.

“Ah, no need. Cha- Someone’s going to drive me home.” He nodded his head and stood up so he could open the exit ladder.

“It won’t open.” Baekhyun looked at you with horrified eyes as he tried to open it again but it still won’t budge. “I guess we’re stuck here until someone opens the door…which might be tomorrow morning.”

You turned frantic when Baekhyun told you that you two are going to be stuck for the rest of the night at a dark attic. You sat back on the spot you were sitting earlier and so did Baekhyun. You shuddered at the thought of your grandma scolding you the moment you return home.