6

“Destiny? How cliché!”

 

 

 

 

Before you could enter your house, a hand grabbed your arm and you froze in fear.

 “W-who are you?”

You heard loud panting from behind as a million thoughts ran swam through your mind. Are you really going to die tonight? You contemplated on screaming but you were too shy because the neighbors are going to have a fit for sure. But what the heck are you thinking, you were going to die anywa-

“Saerin…” A very low and familiar voice came from behind you as you slowly turned around to face a sweaty Chanyeol.

Your eyes widened in shock. “H-how did you know my name?”

He flashed a toothy grin at you and answered, “Your grandma told me. Oh hi, grandma!”

You turned your head and saw your grandmother waving as enthusiastic as Chanyeol. “Chanyeollie! Oh come in, come in!”

You watched as Chanyeol and your grandmother went into your house and talked as if they were close friends who haven’t seen each other for a long time. Your grandmother looked back at you and crossed her arms. “Aren’t you going to follow us? I’m closing the door.”

You quickly snapped out of the trance you were in and followed them inside. “Halmeoni, how did you know him?”

“We talked on the phone, remember?” You scoffed at her answer mentally. They just talked on the phone for a while. Why are they acting as if they know each other for so long?

You shifted your attention towards Chanyeol who was smiling at you so wide. “How did you know our house?”

“Huh? I followed you.” He grinned at you so wide you thought you were going to get blind.

“Y-you followed me?” Your eyes widened as you looked at a clueless Chanyeol. You shifted your attention to your grandma who was smiling goofily. “Grandma, why are you so unfazed by the situation? He could be a s-stalker or something…”

Your grandmother laughed at the word stalker and patted your head. “Why would you be scared? Your friend, Chanyeol here does not look like a stalker at all.”

You looked at Chanyeol shyly and mentally glared at your grandma. This is so embarrassing. We’re not even friends yet.

“Why are you here, Chanyeollie?” Your grandmother asked Chanyeol the question that you were dying to ask.

“I told you I was going to pick you up.” Chanyeol looked at you with enthusiastic eyes which made you uncomfortable.

“OMONA, ARE YOU GOING TO A DATE!?” Your grandmother burst out in excitement. Your eyes widened and immediately covered your grandmother’s mouth with your hand.

“It’s not like that, grandma!” You shifted your gaze to an unfazed Chanyeol who looks like he was enjoying herself.

“Yes, halmeoni. We’re going on date.” Chanyeol stated, making you want to vanish in thin air.

“No, halmeoni! We were just going to a party.”  

“So you are going with me!?” Chanyeol jumped up and down while clapping his hands enthusiastically.

You shrugged your shoulders, defeated.

Why is he taking me? We’re not even friends.

As soon as you arrived at the party, you felt like running away. Chanyeol had to drag you off the car forcefully and trust me, it wasn’t the nicest thing to look at.

Chanyeol and your grandmother had forcefully dolled you up for the party and you were very uncomfortable with your dress and makeup on. You were very nervous that you felt like you were going to die. It also did not help that almost all of your schoolmates were there.

“C-chanyeol…I’ll just go back home…” You muttered, tugging on Chanyeol’s sleeves. He looked at you and sighed.

“Can’t you help me just this once?” His voice was hopeful and somehow sad that you cannot say no.

“W-why did you e-even bring me here?” Some of your schoolmates were looking at you and Chanyeol while you headed inside.

“There.” He flashed a small sad smile as he brought a finger up, pointing at a couple in front of him. It was Yiseul and a guy.

Chanyeol looked at you with a hopeful smile. “You’re going to help me, right?”

You did not know how you could help him but he looked so vulnerable so you nodded.

“Channie! You’re here!” The guy with Yiseul was grinning so wide when he approached you. He attacked Chanyeol into a bear hug. After breaking the hug, he turned to you, confused.

“I’m a Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s best friend! I did not know Chanyeol has a girlfriend.”

Girlfriend? You looked at Chanyeol and saw that he was trying to say something to you with his eyes. You then caught up with what was happening. He wants me to pretend to be his girlfriend but…why?

“I’m Saeri—“ You were about to introduce yourself when you saw Yiseul glaring at you. She looks like she was about to cry but faked a smile when Baekhyun looked at her.

“She’s Saerin.” Chanyeol grinned. “Isn’t she pretty?”

“Of course!” Baekhyun announced, making you blush.

No one has ever called you pretty before. Everything that was happening was making you overwhelmed.

“She’s in my class.” Yiseul spoke. “I’ll tour her around.”

 Yiseul wrapped an arm around your shoulders, making you uncomfortable. “I knew you were going to get along just fine!” Chanyeol giggled and wandered off with Baekhyun.

You looked at Yiseul and gulped.

This is not going to be good.