Stalker!?

“Destiny? How cliché!”

 

Chapter 5

The next morning, you did not wake up with sunshine and rainbows like how you imagined. Instead you wake up with your grandmother's loud nagging.

 

 "Song Saerin, didn't I tell you to buy bread!"

 

You have completely forgotten about buying bread because you were so occupied about that tall guy who smiled at you yesterday. Which reminds you....

 

"Grandmother, what did you tell that guy who picked up my phone yesterday?"

"Oh, Chanyeollie?"

 

His name was Chanyeol? "How did you know his name?"

 

"Well, we talked for awhile. He's such a good kid!"

"Oh my gosh, grandma! What did you tell him?"

"Why would I tell you, dear? It's for you to find out yourself."

 

You grandmother just winked at you and went out of your room dancing with glee. After shutting the door closed, you heard a faint ROCK AND ROLL outside your door and groaned.

 

Your grandmother sure is weird.

 

------------

School was still the same; people still bullied you and you learned that the rooftop was the only safe place to eat your lunch.

You were sitting on the floor of the rooftop, eating kimbap rolls, when someone disturbed you. “Can I join you?” Just by hearing his hoarse voice you right away know who it was, Chanyeol. He was holding his sandwich on one hand, an iPod on the other and his headphones wrapped around his neck.

You looked down, trying to cover your face. “He he he,” Chanyeol laughed awkwardly. ”I’ll take that that as a yes.”

He sat beside you and took a big bite of his sandwich. “Syo yah wike it here?”

“Huh?” You grabbed your bottle filled with water and offered it to him. He drank almost half of it and exhaled with relief, passing the bottle back to you. “Thank you. I said so you like it here.”

You nodded your head, still covered with your long hair. “You’re so cute.” Chanyeol ruffled your hair and took another bite from his sandwich.

“Um.” You murmured, hesitating to speak. “W-why are you here?”

“Can I not be here?” You shook your head. “Well if you’re that curious why I’m here then I’ll tell you a story about a blind dog and his best friend.” He scooted closer and cleared his throat.

Once upon time, there lived two dogs. The first dog has thick golden fur which everyone adores and the second dog has brown fur which made him look really charming.

These two dogs were like two pieces of gum that were always stuck with each other; they never separated ever since they met. One day, the dog with the thick golden fur started to hang out less with his best friend and later did the brown dog know that his friend already got himself a girlfriend. Because he was a good friend, he supported them nonetheless.

Unfortunately, the girl dog was just toying with the gold dog so that she could get close with the brown one, the one who she really likes.

She tried to confess her feelings to the brown dog but he always rejects her, afraid of hurting the golden dog’s feelings.

The brown dog turned so confused that he decided to run away far, where his friend and the girl dog can’t find him.

“The end. So did you like the story?” Chanyeol asked you with a big smile. Like the story? But it was so tragic for the brown dog so how could you like it?

You put an uncomfortable expression on and replied, “Not really… but how is this connected with you being here with me?”

“Well…Um.. You see my friend has the same situation with the brown dog.” Chanyeol replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

“He ran away?!” You looked up and made eye contact with Chanyeol but you looked down again after a couple of seconds.

“Hahaha! Of course not.” He laughed with a big grin plastered on his face and he kept on hitting his thigh. You slowly looked up at him, relieved at what he said. “Not yet.” Chanyeol continued, with a serious tone.

Chanyeol grabbed both your shoulders, forcing you to look at him. He had a serious face on and it was kind of making you nervous. “That’s why I’m here. I’m going to ask you advice for my friend.” He loosens his grip and smiled at you.

“M-me? But I don’t know anything about problems like that. All I can say is that running away wouldn’t solve anything. It will just cause more problems for himself.” You answered Chanyeol, thinking about the day you ran away. You remembered how worried your grandma was.

Chanyeol nodded his head, understanding what you have just said.” I’ll definitely tell my friend that and...ah! I almost forgot to tell you. My friend is hosting a party tomorrow and I thought that you should come.”

A party? The only party you have attended was this senior citizen bingo family when your grandma forced you to come. You were curious on how teenage parties were like but you were too afraid to attend one. You figured that you’re just going to be out of place because you didn’t know anyone.

“I don’t want to come.”

“Aww. Why not? Come on. Don’t worry, I’ll be there. You won’t be out of place.” Chanyeol smiled, slightly tugging the sleeves of your shirt.

“I don’t know.” You looked at him and curved your lips to the right. “Maybe, I can go but-“

“Yes!” Chanyeol stood up and ran to the door. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow at five pm!” He shouted before shutting the door.

“I only said maybe.” You smiled a little. Chanyeol did not know where you live so how can he pick you up?

-----------

It was finally departure and you were walking on an empty sidewalk to your house, when you felt like someone was following you. You tightened your grip on your bag, scared.

 “Hello is someone there?” You asked but there was no reply so you thought it was some stray cat or some rats.

You heard footsteps. You started to breath irregularly, scared of the person following you so you decided to run at three.

One

Two

Three

You ran as fast as you could and let out a sigh of relief when you saw the door of your house from afar.

 

---------------------------