Thank you

“Destiny? How cliché!”

 

Chapter 8

The loud noise from the party was toning down and was replaced by heavy rain and thunder. Before the rain became worst, people in the party set off while you were still stuck with Baekhyun.

You were not a big fan of the loud thunder. In fact, you were afraid of it so as soon as you heard it, you grabbed the dusty blanket from the box, wrapped it around you and started to rock back and forth, humming a comfortable tune.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m s-scared of l-lightning.” You stuttered.

BOOM!

“Ah!” You screamed and covered your ears. “ LA LA LA LA”

Baekhyun laughed at you and joined you under the blanket. He pushed your head towards his shoulder and removed your hands from your ears. “Stay close. I’ll sing to you because you’re not a good singer.”

“Close your eyes.” He ordered and you did.

I always want to protect you so that even the small things won’t tire you out,” Baekhyun started to sing and you were slowly calming down.

As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind even though people turn their backs to you. If I could become the person who can wipe your tears on a tiring day, it will be paradise.”

Before he even finished, you were already asleep. “Is my voice that good to make you sleep through this thunder?” He laughed and ruffled you hair.

Baekhyun looked at you peacefully sleeping on his shoulder and kissed you on the cheek. “Thank you.”  He whispered as he slowly fell asleep leaning on your head.

------------

You opened your eyes and was shock that you fell asleep, leaning on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Good morning.” Baekhyun yawned as he removes his head on top of your head.

“Go-good m-morning.” You greeted back, embarrassed.

“Had a nice sleep last night?” He asks and a blush creep on your face as you nodded your head.

He laughed at your actions and ruffled your head. “No one has still found us huh. Why did I leave my phone in my room?”

You looked at your wrist watch. It was seven but still it was dark inside the attic because there was no opening which leads outside. You heard a growling sound and shifted your gaze to a flustered Baekhyun.

“Sorry, I’m kind of hungry.” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck and smiled.

“Huh? Do you hear that?” He asked as he step closer to the ladder.

“Master Baekhyun! Master Baekhyun!” Someone shouted from below.

“I’M HERE! AT THE ATTIC!” Baekhyun shouted as you help him bang the floor.

The ladder was pulled down and a head popped in. She was one of the maids who were serving the food last night. “Master! There you are. We were looking for you.”

“We were stuck up there. Anyway, please serve breakfast. We’re hungry.” Baekhyun smiled and the maid bowed and left.

----

You followed Baekhyun to the dining room and was astounded by your surroundings. Baekhyun’s house looked bigger and more impressive than last night because it was dark. The food that was waiting for you on the table was even more impressive to you because you were starving.

“Aren’t you sitting down?” You nodded your head and rushed to the seat beside Baekhyun.

“Why is there so many food? Is it someone’s birthday?” You asked him, absentmindedly while you continue to stare at the food.

“Well, considering how yesterday turned out to be such a bad day…I guess you can say this is my late birthday celebration.”

“YESTERDAY WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY!?” You exclaimed and felt guilty as soon as Baekhyun nodded his head.

“S-sorry…I didn’t know.”


“Why are you sorry?” Baekhyun asked while popping a grape into his mouth. “It wasn’t your fault that it became terrible anyway…”

“But we were locked in the—“

“No buts! Besides, if it weren’t for you, I would be sulking so bad right now.” He grinned and put a piece of bacon on your plate. “Now, stop being guilty and eat up, new chingu!”

------