Chapter 04

Love Boundaries

 

chapterfour

 

“How has life been?”

“Not bad…But then again, I can’t expect too much can I?” She replied with a half-hearted grin. He didn’t reply. Staring at her hands, she asked him without looking up.

“How long are you going to stay here in Seoul?”

“Hmm…About a week and then I’ve to go back to America.” He hesitated for a moment before answering. Leaning back into the bench, Himchan stared blankly at the sunset.

“I want to know-”

“I heard you got married.” Himchan interrupted her, his unfathomable eyes gazing into hers.

“-Er yeah.” Hye Rin flushed lightly, once again avoiding his eyes. Both sat quiet on the park bench until Himchan decided to break the awkward silence.

“Do you love your husband?”

“He’s very nice to me and he always helps me-” Hye Rin began until he cut her once again.

“I asked if you love him, not know what he does to you.” He said wittily, and he watched her frozen face intently. She was stationary for a second until she snapped back to her senses.

“W-What are you talking about? I love him!” Hye Rin insisted, aghast at his seemingly absurd question. “But you love him too.” He said simply. She knew that Himchan was not referring ‘him’ as Daehyun, but him as in him.

“I…I…” He glanced in triumph at her speechless face, knowing that he had hit the bull’s-eye. Shaking her head vehemently, she denied effortlessly.

“I don’t like him in that way anymore. It is the past. I’ve already moved on.”

“Ah, but you do know moving on is not about looking forward to the future, but the past mistakes replaying all over again.” Himchan replied adamantly, never wavering at Hye Rin’s expression.

This time, he was sure there and then she still had feelings for him, whether it was a lot or just a little, he didn’t know. He was a very blunt and straightforward person, and he was very good in understanding Hye Rin’s mind.

“It wasn’t a mistake, and it won’t happen again.” She murmured incoherently, however Himchan was sharp to hear everything.

“I wouldn’t be too sure of that.”

He eyes were beseeching, as if imploring her not to repeat her mistakes. As she stared at his dark orbs, she felt confused, something she didn’t really feel often when she was making choices.

Hye Rin was a determined and adamant person, to the extent that she can be called obstinate or stubborn. She was always sure about her decisions. Until now.

“I promise I won’t, Himchan-ah.” She sighed.

“Promise you won’t what?” He furrowed his brows at her sudden comment.

“Repeat the same mistake again.”

 

~~~

 

Hyorin strolled eagerly beside him, trying to keep up her pace with him. Her heels clicked on the floor loudly, and she muttered inwardly on how painful her ankle was.

However, he seemed almost oblivious to her presence, lost in his thoughts. Digging his hands into his pockets, he walked quickly down the bustling road which was filled with people, gazing at the brightly lit neon signs.

“Daehyun-ssi.”

“Hmm?”

“You walk quite fast.” She commented, panting a little to keep up with him.

“Sorry.” And he slowed down, his face expression still unreadable and not changing. Disappointed at his lack of talk, she started. “I know a place where we can have fun.” Daehyun raised an eye brow.

“Have fun?”

“N-No! I mean, ‘chill out’.” She quickly corrected, blushing and chiding herself inwardly. After composing herself, she continued. “I have a friend who told me about that place. Would you like to go and see?”

“Hmm…I don’t see why not.” Daehyun shrugged and Hyorin gave a little cheer in her head. She smirked at the clueless Daehyun and pulled his hand along.

Everything is going to plan.

 

“What is this? A pub?”

She ignored him, bringing him inside the overcrowded area, with people dancing to the beat and their hands clutching wine glasses, it was too chaotic and noisy for his liking. He scrunched his nose at the alcohol smell and all the scantily clad people swaying their hips.

I should have never trusted that woman.He rolled his eyes. However Hyorin did not know he didn’t like going to pubs. She stopped at the bar, glancing at the bartender with a wide smug smile.

“2 cups of whiskey please.” She gave a flirty smile.

“Anything for you, miss.”

“Hyorin-ssi! I don’t drink! What are you-” Daehyun protested, appalled. Chuckling, she waved his protest away with her hand.

“Relax! It’s just one drink! C’mon, just this once? For me?” Hyorin batted her eyelashes, pouting. He groaned, slapping his hand to his forehead, feeling slightly disgusted by her futile-attempt-to-look-cute.

“Fine fine…How about a non-alcoholic drink? Cocktail?”

“Arraso…But I need to go to the restroom first.” He sighed, making his way through the crowd. She smiled victoriously and her fingers reaching into her purse as her fingers clasped around a small bag of white powder.

“A cup of whiskey and a cup of cocktail.”

“Here’s your drink ma’am.” The bulky bartender gave her the whiskey after a while and she flashed a smile in response. “Merci.” With trembling fingers, she opened the small packet of powder substance and tipped it into the cup of cocktail.

“Soon, you will be mine. Mine.” Her eyes were evil as she watched the powder dissolve into the cocktail drink. Smirking, she swirled the contents in the cup.

“What are you doing?”

“O-Oh, nothing, just making sure your cocktail was stirred properly.” Hyorin was quick to compose herself and hiding her startled expression.

“Oh. Okay, thank you.” Oblivious to her triumph and sadistic smile, he took a small sip.

“How do you feel?” She persisted, her eyes staring at him unblinkingly. After a few sips, he started to feel drowsy. It wasn’t just a little drowsy, but very.

“I…I feel…feel…weird.” His words were slurred as he shook his head to shake of the dizziness. As he’s vision clouded, he clutched onto Hyorin’s arms that were around his waist for support.

“W…W…What d-d-did you do?” Daehyun mumbled inaudibly, his body feeling weaker and growing limp. After several attempts on clearing his mind, he finally slumped onto the table in exhaustion.

“I’m sorry Daehyun, but I’ve to do this.”

She dragged an unconscious Daehyun to an empty chair, ignoring the dirty looks other people threw at her.

 

/Yeobosaeyo?/

/Richard? I need help./

/What help?/

/Ask a few of your men to come to the pub that I told you earlier. I’ve got business to do./

 

The phone hung up with a beep. Hyorin scooted over to Daehyun, her heart fluttering as she gazed into his handsome face.

You are mine now.

 

~~~

 

 

A/N: How did you like this chapter? I think this is so far the most intense chapter yet XD Let’s start with Himchan and Hye Rin now shall we? Himchan’s identity isn’t revealed here, not yet, and I don’t want to spoil you guys^^ He’s true identity will be revealed in the next chapter.

Himchan is a steadfast, clever and witty guy. He is always unwavering, and sometimes even unfazed. Hye Rin on the other hand, is starting to doubt herself :) She becomes confused with her heart, but shan’t tell you much! Will leave you guys to ponder about it.

Now for Hyorin and Daehyun’s part. I’ve got to say that Hyorin is by far the most complicated character to portray. And if you notice real carefully, she’s got a bit of split personality and she’s a bit bipolar. She can change from being the sweet innocent girl to a flirtatious person to an evil, sadistic and deranged crazy woman. She’s that complex :)

Daehyun…wae you so gullible falling right for her trap? He’s too polite to say what he actually feels to people if it consists of hurting their feelings. He’s a bit like Suzy, really.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this one! To those who didn’t know, ‘Merci’ means ‘Thank you’. It’s quite obvious though^^ I actually had to Google translate coz my French is horrible :P Till next time! BAIBAI~~~