Chapter 09

Love Boundaries

chapternine

 

Where am I...

She winced, siting up groggily. Her head pounded painfully, and she shook her head, trying to get rid of the agonizing throbbing in her mind. Rubbing her eyes, she expected to wake up and see her husband's face, but realized that the bed was empty with only her on it. She forced her dreary eyes open, and only then did she finally process that she was lying on someone's bed. When she was finally fully awake, she noticed that she was not at her room. Glancing frantically, the throbbing subsided and her mind was much clearer.

What...What happened?

"Rinnie, you're finally awake." That name... It was so familiar, like a fragment of her memory coming clear to her. Where did I hear it from?

She spotted a lean man standing at the doorway, a grin on his young face. Hye Rin stared at him strangely, feeling a sense of familiarity when she noticed his face. He was tall and lanky, with muscles on his long arms. His chest was broad, and his face was as if sculpted by a first rate sculptor. His eyes were dark and brooding, his pink plump lips curved into a breathtaking smirk.

Only one person would ever call me by that nickname... She gasped, it finally dawned onto her who he was.

"Jong...Jongin?" She uttered, unsure. As soon as he heard his name, his smile widened. He crossed the room, going closer to the gaping Hye Rin. "You remembered."

"How could I not, the person who bullies me when we were young." She exclaimed ruefully, getting up from the messy bed.

"Sorry about last time."

She shook her head in confusion. "Why am I here? Is this your house? I thought you left for America? How did I ended up here?" There were so many questions in her head, and her mind was spinning.

"Chill. I don't think you're still sober." Jongin shrugged, ruffling her hair. Something clicked in her head. "I was drunk?"

"Yep, you were lucky I was the one who found you. You would have fallen into the arms of a stranger that might try to you." He replied with a shudder. "I just came back from America and already I have to deal with you." He jokingly, but she ignored him.

"Shoot, I have to go-" Hye Rin muttered.

"I called Baekhyun for you. I could tell he was very worried. You had couple of miss calls from both him and Daehyun. I didn't know you still kept in touch with Baekhyun the whole time. Anyway, who is Daehyun?" He tilt his head in wonder. 

"Just...Someone..." She mumbled distractedly, trying her best to fix her ruffled hair and wrinkled clothes. "Oh, thanks for letting me stay for the night, I don't know what I did last night since I could not remember, but I apologise for causing so much trouble. It was nice to meet you again, Jongin." She bowed sincerely.

"Why so formal? After all we are friends right?" He clicked his tongue. Just then the door bell rang.

"It must be your Baekhyun." He muttered, striding towards the door. He gave a polite grin once he saw Baekhyun's worried face. "Where's Hye Rin?" Baekhyun demanded. Hye Rin appeared, stepping cautiously towards a livid Baekhyun. At the sight of her, relief washed over him and he hugged her tightly. Jongin's heart tightened, and looked away.

"I'm so glad you are safe. No more drinking for you missy." He warned sternly, ignoring the other presence. He turned reluctantly towards Jongin. "Thanks for taking care of her. If you wasn't present I don't know what might happen to her." He spoke gruffly, nodding his head.

"Take care of her." Was all he could say before giving a longing look to Hye Rin. "I guess I'll see you soon."

"Yeah, thanks Jongin." Hye Rin murmured gratefully, and walked towards Baekhyun's car. He glanced at her face, his heart aching, and shut the door. As soon as the car drove away, he closed his eyes.

I'll wait for you, Rinnie...

 

~~~

 

"How is Daehyun? Why didn't he follow?" Hye Rin bit her lip and lowered her head. He must be so worried...She shook her head guiltily. Baekhyun pretented to keep his attention towards the car in front of him. "Yeah, his very anxious. I figured you wouldn't like it if he came and find you. After what happened yesterday."

Hye Rin slumped into her seat. "I don't know what to do, Baekhyun... I feel...so confused and upset. How could... How could her do this to me?" Her lip trembled, and she fought the urge to cry. She loved him, and that's what he does to her?

"Daehyun love you, he really do. The picture...was an accident-" He tried to comfort her but she cut him firmly.

"There are no accidents! The person is really Daehyun!" She insisted.

"No! You listen, the woman drugged him and took a photo. Obviously she had plans to break you two apart! For now, Daehyun isn't at the wrong, and you should apologise to him. He loves you, he really do." Baekhyun's voice cracked, and his swallowed an imaginary lump in his throat. For some reason, he felt like he was lying to himself when he said those words.

What's wrong with me...

He mentally shook his head, clearing his mind of all kinds of nonsensical thoughts. Just then, he had an idea. "Where are we going?" Hye Rin asked curiously, seeing that he turned the car to another route.

"I'll take you somewhere."

"H-How about Daehyun-"

"I told him you're fine, I just want to bring you to some place."

~~~

Hye Rin inhaled deeply, drinking in the picturesque scenery. The sky was darkening, turning into a beautiful shade of orange. The lake shimmered lazily in the wind, glittering pearls floating on the surface. The slight breeze tickled her neck, and her wispy hair seemed to flow with the wind.

"Wow...This is...beautiful." She exhaled breathlessly, glancing at the amused Baekhyun. His hands were buried deep in his pockets. "How did you know about his place?"

He shrugged. "I used to come here with my family for picnics."

"Why did you bring me here?" She questioned, tearing her gaze off the shimmering waters.

"To relax and shout all your frustrations out."

"Huh?"

"Like this." Baekhyun took a deep breath and shouted. "YAH! I trusted you Suzy! But you don't seem to trust me!"

"Your turn." He smiled. Hye Rin gave a quick grin, and yelled. "Jung Daehyun! I really wish for you to be truthful towards me! I cared for you and this is what you give me?!"

They both erupted into peals of laughter. "That was fun." She chuckled. "Thanks for bringing me here. It was good shouting out the problems..."

"No problem. We should come here more often." Baekhyun nodded in agreement. They beamed at each other, and Hye Rin leaned onto his shoulder.

 

~~~

 

A/N: O.O Okay what an update...So much drama here! (: Sorry for the long hiatus, but my exams are finally over and I can update again! :D Enjoy!