Present From Appa

My 12 Knights In Shining Armor

It was a warm beautiful afternoon, you were ignoring the lesson once again and gazing out the window. You could her the birds chirping, the winds slightly blowing the trees and students playing sports outside.  You lightly touched you ruby necklace your dad gave you when you were little before he left. You couldn't help but to think back to the moment were he left you. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"appa? appa, why do you have so many bags with you? appa, where are you going?" you tugged on his shirt.

Your dad turned around and softly looked at you. You blinked at him confused, holding your teddy bear tightly against you. *my poor ~~~.*

He bent down to your height and rubbed your head, smiling. He went to grab something from his right jacket pocket.  Curiously, you tip toed to get a better view of what he is taking out.  Your dad held his hand to your face, his hands still closed. "What are you holding on to daddy?" You pointed to his hand. He softly smiled at you. "It's a present for you."

He released his fingers and a bright ruby necklace was dangling in front of you.  Your eyes widen. "Wow! That's so pretty daddy, is that really for me?" You asked. He nodded his head.  "Here I'll put it on for you." He wrapped the necklace around your neck and hooked it together. Once the necklace was on you, it was glowing. *Ok, that's good, now I know my daughter is safe .....for now.* He thought. 

"It's so pretty...." You touched it with a smile. "I'm glad you like it ~~~." He laughed and rubbed your head again.

"~~~?" Your dad stopped smiling. "Hmmm?"  You still fascinated by the beautiful ruby necklace. "Listen to me carefully." You looked up to see his face, that is now serious. "Daddy is going overseas because of my job, so I won't be home all the time, but I'll try and visit." He held your hands.  "And....that...." He pointed to your necklace. "Don't ever take this off, understand?" You quickly nodded and blinked innocently. 

You tilted your head. "Why, what would happen to me?" Your dad closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "I can't tell you ~~~, you will find out sooner or later."  Your dad looked at his watch and it was time for him to leave. "I have to go now ~~~." You looked up at him and lowered your head when he said he needed to go.  He too didn't want to leave, and wanting to spend more time with you.  

He bend down and kissed your forehead and hugged you tightly. "Stay strong my little one." He released you and stood up to grab his bags. "Sooyoung-ah! I'm leaving." He told his sister. She came out, wiping her hand on the apron. "Have a nice trip oppa, I'll take good care of her." She smiled.  Your appa meekly smiled and looked down towards you. "Bye appa." You waved.

"Goodbye....~~~." He grabbed on to his luggage and went to the door to go. Before he left, he quickly glanced at you and your necklace grew bright red again. *I hope they can protect her.* He thought and left.

~~~~~~~~~

You closed your eyes for a brief moment, touching your necklace which glowed bright red again. You slowly opened your eyes, letting out a sigh. *When will you come back...appa.* You thought of him.  The school bell rang saying that school was done for today. You packed your books and left for work. 

-------------

How was it? Good? Bad? Meh? Its short but ill write a longer one in the next chapter.