05

Never ending fate.

"ouch..." Myungsoo whispered as Suzy finished up putting medicine on his cut.

"Sorry. I'm almost done. I just have to put the band aid on." Suzy explained.

Myungsoo stared at Suzy for the millionth time.

He just couldn't stop looking at her.

Suzy put the band aid gently on Myungsoo's cut and smiled.

"Done!" Suzy exclaimed.

Myungsoo couldn't hear anything else besides his heart beat. It was going so fast and he couldn't take his eyes off of Suzy.

"Myungsoo yah. I'm done. We should go now." Suzy said.

Myungsoo kept staring at her.

"Myungsoo yah!" Suzy shouted.

Then, Myungsoo planted a kiss right on Suzy forehead.

After the short kiss, he was surprised himself and he quickly looked somewhere else.

"Y-Yah!" Suzy yelled.

"What..." Myungsoo said nervously.

"What was that for?" Suzy asked while she softly touched her forehead.

"Aish... I... I'll see you tomorrow." Myungsoo quickly said and ran away.

Suzy watched him leave and touched her forehead again.

That was her first kiss from a boy that she wasnt related to.

"Why did he do that?" Suzy asked herself.

She slowly started packing her stuff and walked to her scooter.

She wore her helmet and got on her scooter. She looked around and sighed.

"Kim Myungsoo... you're so confusing..." Suzy whispered and drove to the hospital to meet her mom.

When she went inside the hospital, she walked to her mother's room and saw blood everywhere once again.

She started panicking again and sighed nervously.

She ran out of the room and went to the nurse.

"Where's my mother?" Suzy asked impatiently.

"Your mother?" the nurse asked.

"Where's my mother?!" Suzy asked again with a tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh! She got rushed to the ER. Her condition was worse than we thought." the nurse said.

"She's gonna be okay, right?" Suzy aske trying to smile.

The nurse sighed and looked at Suzy.

"I think it's just best to relax for a bit. They're almost done checking her up. Don't worry." the nurse said.

Suzy nodded slowly and walked in front of the ER door and sat down on the floor.

She closed her eyes and laid her head against the wall.

"Please be okay... please." Suzy whispered.

 

After a few hours, Suzy was fast asleep and the doctors came out.

Hearing the footsteps, Suzy woke up and stood up quickly.

"Is she okay? She's okay, right?" Suzy asked.

"Suzy yah... We're sorry..." the doctor whispered taking his gloves off.

"What do you mean you're sorry? She's... still... alive, right?" Suzy asked slowly.

"Suzy yah......" the doctor said.

Suzy felt like she just got smacked in the heart.

She looked to the ground to the ceiling to the wall and finally, back to the doctor.

"She's.. dead?" Suzy asked with a tear running down.

"Sorry, Suzy. She's gone. We've tried our best." the doctor said quietly.

Suzy sighed and started crying.

She didn't care if people looked at her like a psycho. She just hated herself for not being able to take care of her mother more.

The doctor sighed and reached into his pocket and took something out.

"She told me to give this to you a week ago. She said to give it to you once she's dead. She also told me to tell you to keep her promise and your father's promise." the doctor said handing me a big yellow envelope.

Suzy slowly took it.

"Thank you, doctor. Thank you.." Suzy whispered and slowly walked out of the hospital.

It was already dark outside and she walked to her scooter.

She put the envelope in her book bag and drove to her house.

"Alone again..." Suzy whispered as she entered her house.

She sighed and sat down on her couch.

She opened the big envelope and took everything out.

There was a card and a diamond ring.

She opened the card carefully and read it.

"Dear Suzy,

You probably wont be able to see me after you read this. But, just because I'm gonna be in Heaven doesn't mean you should try your best to come join me in Heaven, too. There's a long way for you in your life and you should enjoy it. I'm sorry I left you so early. I will be keeping you in my heart, so I want you to do the same! Suzy yah~ remember to always keep your promise that you made with your father. It's important to stay happy and positive for the rest of your life. Even if you have hard times, you can overcome them with your bright personality! And remember to keep your promise with me! Don't meet some bad jerk and let him ruin your life, okay?! If you look in the envelope that I sent you, there will be two rings. Their both real diamonds! It was your father and I's wedding ring! Give the bigger one to the one you love. I'm pretty sure you'll find a guy you like one day! I love you do much, Bae Suzy! Keep me in your prayers and may God Bless You!

Love,

#1 mommy."

Suzy had tears rolling non stop and her eyes were more puffer than before.

"Mommy...." Suzy whimpered.

She cried the whole night and couldn't fall asleep.

When it was 6AM, she stopped crying and washed up and got ready for school.

She looked in the mirror and realized how disgusting she looked.

Huge puffy eyes, puffy cheeks, messy hair. She looked like trash!

She sighed and combed her hair and put on her glasses that she only used for reading.

It made her eyes look less puffy.

But, it was still really puffy.

When she arrived at school, she took a deep breath and formed a huge smile on her puffy face.

She walked to her home room class and say down on her seat.

"Suzy yah... What happened to you??" Ji Eun asked While staring at her.

"What do you mean?" Suzy asked with a smile.

Ji Eun took off Suzy's glasses and gasped.

"Bae Suzy! Have you been crying all night?!" Ji Eun yelled.

"No! What are you talking about?!" Suzy shouted and snatched her glasses back and put them back on.

"What's wrong, Suzy. Tell me everything. Did Myungsoo break your heart?" Ji Eun asked.

"What?! Where did Myungsoo come from?" Suzy asked.

"Whatever. Just tell me what's wrong." Ji Eun said.

Suzy took a deep breath and started playing with her hands.

"She's... gone." Suzy whispered.

"Who's gone?" Ji Eun asked.

"Her..." Suzy said.

"Who are you... Wait.. Are you talking about your mother?" Ji Eun asked carefully.

Suzy nodded.

Ji Eun couldn't believe her ears.

Suzy's mother is dead. And she's still trying so hard to keep her promise with her dad.

"Suzy yah... You don't have to keep smiling like that. It's really hard to do that when both your parents are gone.." Ji Eun said.

Suzy smiled sadly.

"It's better than being sad and weary, though." Suzy said.

Ji Eun sighed and gave Suzy a hug.

"Suzy yah.. You're really amazing. I don't know how you can do this. If I were you, I would've killed myself.." Ji Eun whispered.

"Well, I like keeping my promises with the people I love." Suzy said and smiled with teary eyes.

"When is the funeral?" Ji Eun asked as she pulled away from the hug.

"Next week. Are you coming?" Suzy asked.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" Ji Eun asked.

Suzy smiled.

"Thanks, Ji Eun." Suzy said.

 

-------------------------------------

 

After school, Myungsoo saw Suzy leave with her scooter.

He didn't get a chance to approach her today, cause he just thought it would've made everything so much more awkward.

He kissed her yesterday and he couldn't stop thinking about how soft her forehead was.

Weird, huh? Most guys would just think about how cute she reacted or what she would have thought.

But, myungsoo couldn't get over the softness of her face. He was slowly starting to really fall for her.

"Yah. Kim Myungsoo." Ji Eun called from behind him.

Myungsoo turned around.

"Oh. Ji Won is your name, right?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Ji Won? No, its Ji Eun. Anyway, do you like Suzy?" Ji Eun asked with a suspicious face.

"W-W-What? Me?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah. You. Do you like Suzy?" Ji Eun asked.

"No!" Myungsoo lied.

Ji Eun raised an eyebrow and scanned him.

"You don't look like her type, anyway." Ji Eun said and turned around to leave.

"Then what is her 'type'?" Myungsoo asked.

Ji Eun turned back around and smiled.

"Definitely not playboys like you." Ji Eun said.

"I'm not a playboy!" Myungsoo said and scoffed.

"Really? Cause I definitely saw you making out with SulLi while you were still with Krystal." Ji Eun said.

"That was... That was just.." Myungsoo tried to explain.

"Mhmmmmm. That's what I thought. Suzy deserves better than you!" Ji Eun shouted.

"Every girl likes me!" Myungsoo defended.

Ji Eun smirked and rolled her eyes.

"As if! Look, if you like Suzy that much, go cheer her up!" Ji Eun yelled.

"Cheer her up? What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked.

"Why am I even telling you this? You know what, never mind. I know you're gonna break Suzy's heart in the end. I don't trust you." Ji Eun said and turned around to walk away.

"Yah! I really like her! This is the first time I ever felt this way towards a girl! I... want her.. and only her." Myungsoo confessed.

Ji Eun turned around slowly and scanned Myungsoo again.

"Seems honest.." Ji Eun thought to herself.

"Fine. But if you end up hurting my Suzy, I will kill you, okay?!" Ji Eun shouted.

"Okay! Now tell me! What's wrong with Suzy?" Myungsoo asked desperately.

Ji Eun sighed.

"Her mother died.. she was suffering from cancer for a pretty long time now.And Suzy's alone now. Completely alone." Ji Eun said.

"What about her father?" Myungsoo asked.

"He's been dead.." Ji Eun said with a "No-duh" expression.

Myungsoo was completely shocked.

He had no idea, whatsoever. She always looked so happy!

He felt like a retard for being mean to her at times.

Myungsoo sighed with regret.

"Where is she right now?" Myungsoo asked.

"Probably at home. Cheer her up! Buy her some food! Hug her! Do something that would make her sincerely happy. Not a forcing smile, okay?" Ji Eun said.

"Okay.. Thanks, Ji Won.." Myungsoo said.

Ji Eun shot a death glare at him.

"My name is Ji EUN. Not Ji Won! Its Ji Eun! Eun, Eun, Eun!" Ji Eun yelled.

Myungsoo put his hands up.

"Calm down! Ji EUN!" Myungsoo said and started walking away.

"That little jerk.." Ji Eun said walking away while shaking her head.