02

Never ending fate.

"I'm sorry, Suzy. Your mother is in a very serious condition right now. We might have to do another surgery. Your job is just to get yourself ready. You don't know when 'it' might happen!" the doctor explained.

Suzy knew that the doctor was talking about her moter's death when he said 'it'.

"Oh... Okay. When is the surgery gonna take place?" Suzy asked.

"We were aiming for next week. Will that be okay with you?" the doctor asked.

"Yeah! Sure!" Suzy responded with a huge smile.

The doctor smiled weakly and gave her a soft pat on her head.

"Doctor.." Suzy said.

"Yes, Suzy?" the doctor said.

"Do you think she'll make it? Do you think she'll be able to get healed and live for a long time? Honestly?" Suzy asked while looking down at her shoes.

"Honestly? I'll be really honest with you, then. Your mother right now... has a thirty percent chance to successfully recover. I'm sorry.. But that's the total truth. It's best for you to get yourself ready." the doctor replied.

"... Oh... Okay... I'll be going now. Thank you doctor.." Suzy said and walked out the door.

She leaned against the office door and felt a tear coming down her cheek.

"Thirty... Percent.... Chance ... To live..." she whispered to herself.

She shut her eyes and her teardrops exploded out of her eyes.

 

After a few seconds, she settled herself and wiped all her years away.

She smiled the biggest smile and skipped to her mom.

"Umma!" she called sweetly.

"Suzy yah! What were the results?" Her mother asked.

"Uh... Why don't we go eat something first?" Suzy asked.

"Bae Suzy. I know how the results would look like. You don't have to hide it." Her mother said.

"U-umma..." Suzy said.

"I'm ready." her mother whispered.

"They need to do another surgery on you. And the doctor told me that... that... you have a thirty percent chance to succeed..." Suzy said and suddenly felt her tears rolling down again.

"Suzy yah. I don't get why you're so upset.. I'm okay with the results! I really am. And even if I don't succeed, I want you to keep that promise with dad. Suzy yah... you need to get ready. I don't have much time left. I don't want to spend the little time with you crying everyday." she said with a faint smile.

Suzy started sobbing.

"Bae Suzy! Do you think your dad would like to see you crying like this?!" her mom scolded with a weak smile.

"No..." Suzy said still sobbing.

Her mother embraced Suzy into her arms and her hair.

"My heart will still be with you." Her mother whispered.

"I don't want you gone. I'll be alone. And you know I don't like being alone! Please don't leave me behind." Suzy cried in her mothers arms.

"Suzy yah. Let's just go home for today an rest." her mother suggested and they both walked to Suzy's scooter and started going home.

Suzy took a deep breath and felt her mothers arms around her waist.

Her mother was sitting behind her on the scooter.

Suzy smiled a bit when she felt her mothers arms around her. She didn't want this moment to be gone. She wanted it to last forever.

 

When they got home, Suzy made her mom dinner and went to her room.

She laid down on her bed and got in her cozy blanket.

"Thirty percent chance to live."

those words kept repeating in her head.

She sighed.

"I know my mom is strong enough! Let's just keep thinking positive!" Suzy thought to herself and fell asleep.

 

The next morning, she washed up and wore her school uniform.

She made her mother some breakfast and went into her mother's room to say goodbye.

When she walked in, she couldn't believe what she saw.

Blood all over the place. Blood on her bed sheets. Blood on the floor. Blood on her clothes. Her mother was also coughing up blood.

Suzy ran to her.

"Umma! What's wrong?! How did this happen?!" Suzy yelled.

"Suzy yah... Take me to the hospital..." her mother said.

"Okay!" Suzy said and carried her mom to her scooter and rode to the hospital as fast as she can.

When they arrived to the hospital, her mother was quickly rushed to the ER.

Suzy was waiting anxiously in front of the ER door. Her whole body was shaking and she couldn't stay still.

Suddenly her phone rang and it was Ji Eun.

"Hello?" Suzy answered.

"Bae Suzy! Where are you?" Ji Eun asked.

"I'm gonna be a little late today!" Suzy answered.

"Why? Is something wrong?" Ji Eun asked worriedly.

"I'll tell you everything later! Don't worry about me, okay?" Suzy said and hung up.

She started biting her nails and started panicking.

 

A few hours later, the doctor came out of the room.

"Doctor! What happened? Is everything okay?!" Suzy shouted.

"Suzy yah.. I'm so sorry..." the doctor said.

Suzy sighed and looked at the floor.

"We just did the surgery on her but it didn't come out too good. Her body just can't take anymore. If we try to do another surgery on her, it'll just become worse. Its almost time, Suzy.." the doctor said.

Suzy tried to smile brightly but failed.

"Oh. Okay. Thanks so much, doctor." she said and turned around to leave.

She walked out to her scooter and put her helmet on.

"There's still a chance. My mom is strong. I know she can do it." Suzy thought to herself.

But this time, even though she thought her mother was strong enough, Suzy started to doubt it.

She started going to school and enjoyed the beautiful nature.

------------------------------

 

"Sorry I was late. I had to take care of something at home." Suzy explained to the teacher.

"It's fine. I'm letting you go because this was your first time being late." the teacher said.

"Thank you." Suzy said and walked to her seat.

"Suzy yah. What happened?" Ji Eun asked.

"My mom.." Suzy whispered.

"What happened to your mom?! Something went wrong?!" Ji Eun whispered loudly.

"I think... it's time..." Suzy said.

Ji Eun's jaws were opened. It was the first time hearing Suzy say anything like this. It hurt Ji Eun's heart to see Suzy like this.

Ji Eun hugged Suzy and rubbed her back.

"It's okay. Your mother will be watching you happily from Heaven!" Ji Eun said.

Suzy smiled.

"Yeah!" Suzy said.

Myungsoo stared at Suzy.

She looks so sad today.. Its making me more tempted to break her heart.

It was starting to make Myungsoo so excited.

But, he had to admit, Suzy was gorgeous. Probably one of the most beautiful girls he has ever met.

It's just that he thought that a girl has to be played around with a little to have some kind of experience. And Myungsoo wanted to become that 'Experience'.

 

After school, he followed her out the school and caught up with her.

"Hey! Suzy!" Myungsoo yelled and walked closer to her.

"Oh! Myungsoo!" Suzy called back.

"You doing anything today?" Myungsoo asked.

"Umm. Yeah. I'm have to take care of my mom.." Suzy said.

"Her mom??" Myungsoo thought to himself.

"Oh. Can we just hang out for like an hour? I'm really bored today.." Myungsoo said with a pout.

"Ummmm.. Okay!" Suzy answered.

"Alright! Let's go eat! I'll buy you some noodles!" Myungsoo said.

"Okay!" Suzy agreed and got on her scooter.

Myungsoo looked at her confused.

"You wanna go with your scooter?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah. How else would we go?" Suzy asked.

"Um. Never mind. We'll just go on your scooter." He said and sat behind her.

"Hold on tight." Suzy said and started her engine.

He held onto her waist and smirked.

Suzy smiled and started driving to the restaraunt.

 

They arrived and ordered their food.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Myungsoo asked.

"No.." Suzy answered blushing.

"What?! Why not? You're so adorable!" He said.

"Thanks.. But I never thought of dating. It's cute seeing other people in a relationship but.. I don't wanna be in a relationship for some reason." Suzy explained.

Myungsoo looked at her blankly.

She was different.. Different from any other girl he met. He kinda liked that about her.

"Well, have you ever liked a boy?" He asked.

"No.. I don't really have interest in those type of things." Suzy replied playing with her napkin.

"Why not?" Myungsoo asked.

"It's just not... interesting." She replied.

"Oh.." he said.

Suzy never liked anyone besides her parents. She never experienced the feeling of liking someone as a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Her school was very well known for the hottest guys around but she didn't care about any of that.

She knew Myungsoo and his friends were kingkas of this school but honestly, she didnt see anything special in them that made them this popular.

"So, how's your girlfriend?" Suzy asked

"Which one?" Myungsoo asked with a smirk.

"What do you mean? Don't you just have Krystal?" Suzy asked.

Myungsoo chuckled

"you're so cute." he said.

"Umm... Thanks..." Suzy said confused.

Myungsoo couldn't get his mind off of how innocent Suzy was.

He wanted to break her heart already! He never had an innocent girl to play with before. This was his chance!

"You wanna be my girlfriend?" Myungsoo asked suddenly.

"What?" Suzy asked shocked.

"My girlfriend. Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" Myungsoo asked.

"Um... What about Krystal?" Suzy asked.

"She broke up with me." Myungsoo lied.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I don't want to be anyone's girlfriend right now." Suzy rejected.

Myungsoo literally heard his heart drop.

This was the first time he got rejected by a girl. He was furious. He was frustrated. He was confused. He never got rejected from girls. Even if they found out that he was cheating on them, they still clinged onto Myungsoo.

But Suzy, the innocent little Suzy, rejected him.

Myungsoo wanted her.

And he wanted to make her his.

He had to.

He couldn't just let Suzy say no.

He HAD to have her.