Part II - When everything seems fine: 5th Chapter

One Does Not Simply Mess With Love

 

“Where do you want to eat?” Krystal asked way too happy dragging Sulli down the street. Sulli didn’t even imagine why Krystal was so well humoured and she refused to tell her the big news she had been bragging about since that morning.

             “Mulla! Krystal, just tell me what’s going on.” After giggling a bit she pulled her again.

             “You’ll know in no time!”

They end up eating in the ‘Mia’, a tiny diner next to the SM University very popular among the students of the Uni.

While Sulli choose a table Krystal went order their lunch and then happily went jumping to where Sulli was waiting.

             “So, what’s up?” Sulli was completely excited to hear what could have happen to her friend over the weekend. She knew she planned to go out with Amber but nothing else beside that.

             “I have a boyfriend.” Sulli’s eyes bulged out from surprise.

             “What? Are you over Sehun already? What happened girl?” Krystal smiled goofily just like someone in love and waved her hands about.

             “What about wait for him? He is coming.”

             “But do I know him?” She only giggled leaving her friend even more excited.

             “Yeah…”

             After fifteen minutes the door’s bell rang and Sehun walked in with a bored expression in his face but upon spotting Sulli he smiled and waved at her. She got up and walked to him happily – Sulli didn’t hear anything from him since Friday night and she didn’t like it one bit.

             “Sehun, what are you doing here? Me and Krystal were about to start eating; want to join?” His face fell immediately and he sighed.

             “You are here with Krystal?” She nodded and took his hand, dragging him to their table. The only thing that placed a little smiled on his lips was her hand in his…

             “Oh, you are here!” Krystal got up and hugged Sehun intimately. Sulli and Sehun – whose hands were still intertwined – looked at each other, Sulli confused and Sehun hurting. Sulli let go of him immediately and sat while he patted Krystal’s back. “You’re late, what happened?”

             “Nothing much.” Just didn’t want to see your face right away….

The three sat and silence settled around them in a strange manner – only Krystal was oblivious to it all since she only had eyes to Sehun.

             “So Jin Ri-ah, eotte? Me and Sehun… We match?” Sulli smiled widely at it and thanked God that the waitress stepped in with their food. “Sehun-ah, you’re not eating?”

             “Hum, I ate before coming…” His eyes were fixed in the girl in front of him while she ate without looking away from her plate. “Jin RI, is it good?” She smiled weakly and kept eating without looking to the couple. Krystal was eating and trying to chat with Sehun while he only gave her vague answers - that made Sulli go mad. If you asked her to be your girlfriend, why don’t you treat her better?

She placed down the cutlery and crossed arms over the chest, staring blankly at the street outside. Sehun noticed she got all grumpy suddenly and wanted to ask what was up but Krystal was faster.

             “Jin Ri are you okay?” Sulli smiled again and picked her bag.

             “Actually no, I’m going back early, okay?”

             “Why? Is it your period?” Sulli couldn’t smile at her joke anymore and so she rushed off but end up bumping with a waiter who helped her up. Everything was spread on the floor and on Sulli’s dress – the beautiful girl felt like screaming her lungs out but she couldn’t.

             “Are you okay?” Amber was entering when everything happened and she rushed to Sulli’s side. Sulli sobbed lightly and Amber could see something bigger than the little accident was up so she helped her and took her bag. “We’ll talk later, okay? Sorry!” After Sulli was helped up by Amber, Henry noticed the look she gave the couple who was looking back at her – that was a painful loss look.

             “Oh, no that’s okay, go!” Henry helped them get out of the diner and watched while they went down the street, a lot of people staring at the messed up Sulli who was crying hard now while Amber comforted her. “What happened to that girl?” Henry whispered before seeing Sehun getting up and spring out to his side.

             “Is she okay? Did she get hurt or something?” Henry saw clearly on his face that this is the girl he was in love with and also saw the big regret in his eyes when Krystal came to his side, taking his arm.

By the way Sulli looked at them the only explanation he could come up with was that Sehun had made the greatest mistake of his life asking Krystal out.

             “She will be.” Even though he said that, he knew otherwise.

 

**

             The park next to the Uni. was known as the most romantic and happy place ever but today, for a certain girl, the entire world seemed the saddest place in the Universe. While she cried and cried, her eyes ran out of water and her sobs decreased to hiccups.

Amber was combing Sulli’s hair repeatedly under her embrace. The youngest hugged her so tightly that at first Amber thought her lungs would fail or so but after some time her grip loosened and she relaxed.

             “Jin Ri, gwenchanna? Something happened right?” Sulli did nothing but nod truthfully and wipe her tired eyes.

             “Sehun and I… we are best friends since elementary school and we never once slipt – not even during middle school when he went to the east coast; he called every night and during our breaks he would come and stay over at my house and… It was amazing, you know?” Another hiccup came out and she breathed in deeply. “Then during 9th grade he begged his dad to let him come leave with his aunt so he could be with me. Eventually their parents let and he became my neighbour again… It was the best gift I ever received.” Amber smiled while hearing this – she could see it was a story of unspoken love, the most common one. “He is dating Krystal now… Sehun always knew she had a big crush on him but he never paid her attention. Now out of nowhere they are dating...”Sulli bit her lip and cried a long while again. “I should’ve told him I liked him but I …”Sulli didn’t know why she just told Amber all of that. The only person who knew their story was IU and it wasn’t supposed to let anyone else know - specially a friend of Krystal.

             “Agi, uljima; if you are meant to be then you’ll be together…” Sulli started to sob again and leaned towards Amber’s shoulder who hugged her. From the way Amber talked to her and tried to give her support she could see that she was someone she could trust deeply.

             “But how do I endure the pain until then?” Amber hugged her tighter and sighed unhappy.

When I saw that hug I could only tear up, too. Even I don’t know the answer to that question…