Just Another Day?

The Perks of Working at MBC

Its not about the money, money, money....

We dont need your money, money, money....

We just wanna make the world dance...

Forget about the price tags..

The song blasted through the speakers, as I scurried around my little apartment. The bedroom was a mess as I tried to look for today's documents. My floor had clothes everywhere, I almost slipped on a pair of shorts that laid on the hardwood floor. I noticed the papers sitting underneath my Math and Science books, and dived towards the floor where the books lay. I flung the books aside, who knows where they went and retracted the papers from the floor.

SUCCESS!! Overjoyed, I pumped my fist in the air.

I quckly grabbed it and turned off my stereo before running towards my front door while trying to put on my heels at the same time. I slowly retracted my steps to a full length mirror I passed and checked if my haste wrecked my curled black hair and eyeliner. I ascended down the stairs as quickly as possible to catch the subway. 

 

 

The subway sped by me as I watched people pushing and shoving their way through the doors to catch a seat in the overly crowded transportation. A few years ago, it would have been confusing as I got rudely pushed out of the way and unexpectedly see the subway leave without me. United States was never this crowded unless you live in New York. As everyone filed in, I waited until the crowd dispersed before slipping through the white doors to a spot leaning against the wall. 

I dusted off my black pencil skirt and fixed my ruffled oxford shirt, carrying my documents for today's schedule, I took a glance to check if I had unfortunately missed any papers. During the short train ride, I took a peek at todays guest list for Music Core. The usual as last week, except with a few debuts here and there. It is always exciting to see the rookies and how they do compared to the sunbaes. I have a soft spot for the seniors of Kpop, not all the way back to HOT or G.O.D but back until Big Bang and Super Juior.

The subway halted and I teetered forward then back as the doors opened, people in suits pushed their way in and out of the subway. I stood waiting for an open spot before i slipped through and out of the crowded area. I gave a long sigh before trancending up the stairs to hail a cab. I told the ajusshi the address to the MBC building as I waited patiently until I arrived.

I extended my arm up, as a result my sleeve moved down and my white watch appeared. I only have 40 minutes before the first stage, I have to hurry up. I thought.

" Ajusshi jebal balli!! (Mister, hurry please!)" I insisted from the backseat.

"Arraso" As the car increased its speed, buildings flew past me as I stared at the large building that said MBC. 

Arriving at the front of MBC building, I thanked the driver and tipped him before coming out of the car. I realized that he was a few meters away front doors, and it looks like he parked behind the annoying fans. Great... Walking through the crowds of fans holding up felt signs with pink and green colors of their favorite idols, they have been standing there since morning in order to catch a glimpse of their precious idols. Chuckling, I shook my head at all the fans who were talking about their oppas. At least they aren't screaming.. I spotted the front door with many security guards surrounding the entry. I gave out a relief sigh before striding over there as fast as my silhouette black heels could take.

Then screams arose.

ing ! I cursed myself, and to the world.

I started picking up my pace as my legs took large strides, I clutched my documents tighter to my chest in order to get through to the doors before the idol's car stopped in the very front of the doors. Cars began filing in and I decided to run now or slowly run because my heels are just slowing me down now. I internally debated whether or not I should take off my shoes but decided against it because my bare feet would probably get crushed by all those screaming fans. The screams of the fans ringed in my ears, as more of them pushed and shoved, I was basicially a tennis ball and all the fans were mutiple players. Six black vans filed behind each other and parked in a line. 

As the doors open, screams increased tenfold. I was seeing hair and clothes that blocked the eternal path to the building. I crudely began shoving all the fans aside as they glared at me.

I could care less, I'm late!! Frantically I used all my strength to get through the crowd, I swear these girls are made of steel built for their obsession for their idols.

I noticed that MBLAQ got out of their car so suavely, I wondered if I came out like that too. Hmm, maybe its just that mentality of superiority. They walked towards the front door with ease, also with the help of those guards and their managers. 

Teentop and Ailee walked throough with the help of security too. I huffed and reached the edge of the crowd towards the door and stopped behind one of the guards. I tapped him on the shoulder gently and he turned around surprised at the tenderness, usually guards are exposed to the yanking and pulling. I showed him my MBC employment card hanging roughly around my neck and he opened a spot for me to go through. He gave me an apologetic glance and I smiled sarcastically before getting roughly pushed into the path before the doors as girls found that spot opened for me from the security guard.

Trying to catch my balance as my heels began to sway, my arms extended to balance myself.

All of a sudden, a hand reached out and grabbed my arm and waist before I fell. The hands pulled me to an upright position and I glanced up to see my savior. My hands ended up on his chest as he pulled me against his body.

I looked up to him covered in a large pair of fake glasses and a baseball hat, a smirk fell on his lips.

And the screams got louder. 


 

Authors Note: Wait one more chapter before sending what you want and your ideas on the comments! I have that chapter laid out already! Thanks for reading. Comment to see what you want in the story!

Love, jay<3elle