The Date (Part 1)

In 30 Words or Less

 

 

TOP’s POV:

 

I cracked one eyelid open, quickly shutting it as the bright sunlight creeping in from my half-opened blinds attacked me.

“Bloody hell,” I groaned, rolling over onto the other half of my bed. “What’s the time?”

Realising that there was nobody to answer my question – momentarily forgetting that I sleep alone – I rubbed the sleep from my weary eyes, and slowly hauled myself up into something that resembled a sitting position.

Reaching across to my bedside table, I picked up the digital alarm clock that was sitting there.

Eight fifteen.

Crap. I’ve overslept. By a lot.

“I’m gonna kill Seungri,” I growled, knowing that the macknae had probably turned off my alarm as one of his ‘April Fool’s’ pranks – it wasn’t even April.

I collapsed back onto my bed, contemplating on whether or not I should actually make an effort to get dressed, etc so that I would get to venue on time for my date.

My date.

I jolted upright, feeling a tangle of nerves in the very pit of my stomach. Today…was the day. And I didn’t know whether to dread it…or be excited. Would it seem pathetic if I actually wanted to go on a date with her? I hope not…

Suddenly I heard a bunch of footsteps stop in front of my door, and straining my ears, I tried to hear what my fellow bandmates were saying.

“Who’s gonna wake him?” whispered Daesung not-so-quietly.

“I nominate Seungri…hyung’s less likely to kill him,” offered Jiyong.

“Yah! You do it! You’re the leader,” whined Seungri.

Exactly…and I say that you can wake him up,” replied Jiyong – I could just picture the smug expression on his face. “I invoke my power as your leader…so you have to do it.”

“No fair!” he retorted childishly.

FAR OUT! I’ll do it,” growled Taeyang, finally participating in the conversation, before he flung open the door and marched inside. “WAKE UP HYU-Oh…you’re awake.”

“Don’t sound so surprised,” I chuckled at their stunned expressions. “I would’ve been up earlier if someone hadn’t turned off my alarm.”

“Uhhhh…that was my doing, Hyung,” Daesung offered timidly. “You didn’t need to get up as early as you normally do, and I thought that you could use the extra couple of hours.”

“Thanks,” I replied with a warm smile. “It did help.”

“I thought that it would,” he responded cheerfully. “Anyway, I’ve saved you some breakfast. It’s on the table.”

I nodded my gratitude and waved for the rest of them to leave – and naturally, all complied except for Jiyong. He shut the door after Seungri, and then came to join me on my bed.

“So…today’s the day, huh?” he began with a nervous grin.

“Yeah…I guess that it is.”

“Nervous?”

“A little.”

“You’ll be fine – she’s a great girl,” he replied with a knowing look – um, what?! – as he pounded me on the back, in true bromance fashion. “Who knows, you might end up actually enjoying yourself?”

“You know what? I think that I will,” I said truthfully as I hauled myself out of bed. “But right now, my stomach needs some food.”

“Taeyang made choc-chip pancakes…they’re so good,” grinned Jiyong as he followed me out. “I nearly ate yours…”

“You’re lucky that you didn’t,” I growled only half-serious, as I punched him in the shoulder. “I would’ve strangled you.”

“Like you could,” he scoffed, as I sat down in front of a plate piled high with scrumptious-looking pancakes and started to dig in.

“Get lost,” I growled through a mouthful of the fluffy goodness. “I’m trying to enjoy my breakfast.”

Wel-”

“You should give Dara something on your date,” Taeyang interrupted, casually sauntering into the kitchen. “That’ll impress YG…and her.”

“Like what?” I mumbled, looking up from my food. “I don’t know what she likes.”

“Oohh! Get her a teddy bear!” squealed Seungri as he joined us, closely followed by Daesung. “She’d like that.”

Jesus, Seungri! She’s not a child,” groaned Jiyong, rolling his eyes. “No…get her chocolate. Everyone likes chocolate.”

“What if she’s allergic to it or something?” snorted Daesung, causing Jiyong to glare furiously at him for hinting that there were flaws with his idea. “He might end up killing her.”

“Why don’t you get her flowers then, hyung?” suggested Taeyang with a thoughtful look on his face. “She can’t be allergic to them because she’s a florist, and every girl likes to receive flowers.”

“Hmmm…that actually seems like a good idea,” I said, as the mechanisms in my brain started whirring into action while I thought the plan over.

“Don’t sound so surprised,” he replied with a chuckle.

“But where would he get them from?” piqued up Seungri.

“Like I said…Dara’s a florist.”

“But won’t buying them off her kinda…ruin the whole idea?” asked Daesung with a confused expression upon his face.

“It’s the thought that counts,” Taeyang said with a shrug.

“How do I find her then?” I asked, realising that we hadn’t considered a vital part of this scheme. “She never told me the address.”

“This is why the computer nerds invented Google Maps.”

“Yes…to help us stalk people,” I snickered, as I put my dirty plate into the sink and went to find my laptop.

“But we’re stalking for a good cause,” reasoned Jiyong.

“Tell that to the judge when she’s trying to get restraining order against us.”

“I doubt that she would.”

I left the four of them to bicker over restraining orders and court cases in favour of finding out where Dara lived.

The Enchanted Florist. Here I come.


 


 

Dara’s POV:

 

"So lemme get this straight...he showed up and bought flowers off you that's he's going to give back to you in about half an hour?" laughed Bom, as she ran a hairbrush through me loosely curled tresses. "And I thought that Michael taking me shopping to buy myself a birthday gift was bad...at least I didn't own it to begin with!"

"Aww, Bommie," I reasoned, eyes shining with adoration as I pictured his bashful face in my mind's eye as he left my store. "It was really sweet. He was embarrassed about it...which was quite endearing actually."

"If you say so," she replied in a condescending, sing-song voice, before stepping back and admiring her handiwork. "Ta-da! You look bellissima!"

With a giggle, I stood up and headed for the full-length in Bom's room so that I could examine my appearance.

"Not bad," I murmured softly, eyes trailing over the simple, navy-blue cotton frock and black tights that Bom had chosen for me.

Slipping my feet into a pair of sapphire ballet flats, I smiled as Bom entered holding up her beloved pair of strappy, gladiator sandals that she knew that I coveted.

"Wear these," she ordered with a fond smile, placing them on the ground and reaching up to fix a stray lock. "He won't be able to resist you now!"

"Like he had the chance in the first place!" I grinned cheekily, as I abandoned my ballet flats in favour of Bom's sandals. "Thanks for this...I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to be here with me."

"Don't cry," Bom sniffed, getting more than a tad emotional as she hugged me tightly. "You'll ruin your make-up...I spent ages trying to get that eyeliner on you, which wasn't helped at all by your constant figeting!"

"Sorry," I mumbled. "But seriously, thanks for everything."

"It had better not be for nothing!" she threatened mockingly as we pulled apart, fixing me with a stern gaze. "Now you go out there and win his heart!"

"Yes Ma'am," I replied, grinning as I saluted her, grabbed my handbag and headed out of the front door. "Will do."

Well...let's hope so anyway!

 


 

TOP's POV:

 

"Just don't say or do anything too stupid," advised the oh-so-thoughtful macknae, as he patted me on the shoulder. "And it'll be fine."

"Thanks Seungri," I chuckled, rolling my eyes. "You are most helpful with your advice."

"I try," he replied solemnly, before bursting into a fit of laughter. "I think that you should go now, though. YG is waving at you."

Turning around, I see that he is correct and YG is frantically beckoning me over, no doubt to give me some last-minute instructions about the first park of today's date. Lunch at the park. in a deep breath, and mentally preparing myself for the day ahead, I shot my fellow band-mates a weak smile - they'd accompanied me here for moral support - and headed over to a beaming YG.

"Ready?" he asked, straightening his tie and checking the time on his watch.

"Uhhh," I began, clutching the small bouquet of white lillies closer to my chest.

"Well you'd better be," he interrupted with a twinkle in his eye. "Here she comes."

Mustering up my courage, I took a deep breath and looked up, only to have my breath rudely taken away from me as I saw the beautiful girl walking yowards me.

"H-Hi," Dara mumbled, biting on her lower lip - a habit that I was starting to find very endearing.

"These are for you," I blurted out suddenly, practically ing the bouquet into her face. "Well you'd already know that because I bought them off you this morning..."

"Yes, well, on that utterly charming note, how about you start with lunch, eh?" YG butted in, and I could just see him resisting the urge to laugh at my awkward behaviour. "And continue your thrilling conversation over a garden salad?"

"Shall we?" I asked, my lips curving into a smile as she blushed and took the arm I was offering.

"Of course."

 

 


 


Dara's POV:


"More wine?" he asked, the bottle in his hand hovering over my glass.

We were currently sitting on a bright blue picnic mat on the floor of one of the huts in the park. Originally, we had started our lunch, curled in the soft green grass, but as the sun rose higher in the sky, the temperature increased to the point where we both wanted to see some shade. Hence our picnic lunch in a gazebo.

"Y-Yes please," I stammered, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks - I still couldn't believe that I was having a date with the Choi Seunghyun!

He chuckled and poured a generous amount into my class, before raising his own and clinking it against mine. Smiling at him, I was glad that things were going so well already. The conversation was a bit stilted at first, but after a while, we seemed to relax a bit more - and forgot about the occasional filming camera - and just talked about the big and small things in life.

I learned that he preferred to be called Seunghyun, because 'TOP' made him feel funny, and that while he liked living in a dorm with his four band-mates, it got a bit much at times, and he wished that he could be alone. He told me of his love for acting...and how he sometimes felt that he wished he could just become an actor instead. I told him of my childhood and my beloved highschool days, my big sister Bom and my love for reading, to which he told me of his childhood - what isn't known about it - and some of the pranks that Seungri's pulled on him recently.

Perhaps the most important thing that I learned from talking to him, was that I liked talking to him. To Choi Seunghyun. And although the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy, and everytime he smiled at me or laughed I wanted to faint...I didn't really want to stop. Because it seemed right.

"Here's to the perfect start to the perfect date," he announced, winking at me - and dear god, there goes my heart!

"And to the perfect man," I whispered softly, knowing that he didn't hear me as YG and the camera crew came up behind us, making all sorts of noise.

"Who's up for some roller-skating?" YG asked cheerfully, looking back and forth between the two of us.

"I should warn you...I'm not the most coordinated person in the world," Seunghyun said with a nervous grin, as he looked over at me.

"Neither am I," I replied with a reassuring smile. "But I'm game if you are."

He threw his head back and laughed, before standing up and holding out his hand to help me up, which I accepted gratefully.

"There's the spirit," grinned YG, clapping me on the back. "Let's go."

Seunhyun gently squeezed my hand as we followed him, and I knew that it was going to be okay.

 


 

Well...after about two months (maybe longer) I've got the first part up...yeah sorry about the wait. School, and well, general procrastination attacked me viciously. Plus I felt inspired to write some EXO oneshots...*guilty*But I am putting this fic on hold for a while...I really need to finish the Forbidden Love Affair - it's driving me crazy that it's not done yet! XD But I promise, that when that's done, I'll come back here and put my heart and soul into finishing this fic!!!

hugs and kisses for you patient people,

Minspro <3

oxox