Flowers for My Date

In 30 Words or Less

I realise that I probably should've put this scene in the last chapter...So what I'll do is that I'll add it in there, and next time I update, I'll remove it from here! ^^

Enjoy!! <3


 

Dara’s POV:

 

“Right this way, Dara,” said Minzy with a warm smile, as she beckoned me to follow her, while she headed down the hallway. “So how did it go? The boys are nice, aren’t they?”

 

I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was very fond of them – I didn’t blame her for that! They were all very charming, in their own way. Take Seungri for example…he was just plain adorable which made me take to him instantly! And then there was TOP…and well, my heart hasn’t beat normally since!

 

“Yeah…they were really nice,” I answered truthfully, the image of a certain, dark-eyed man smiling at me, forever imprinted in my mind.

 

“And TOP…yeesh! He’s one of the reasons why I really love my job!” giggled Minzy girlishly as we continued through the endless hallways to stop at an elevator.

 

Though I nodded in agreement, I couldn’t help but feel a pang of jealousy that she got to see him everyday whereas I didn’t. But then again, it was I who was going on the date with him next Saturday, and not her. And that brought a smile to my face, as sadistic as it may sound. But that was the fangirl in me thinking.

 

“Ok, here we must say our farewells. I have to get back to YG now,” said Minzy with a slightly forlorn look upon her face. “Your sister is waiting for you in the reception area on the ground floor.”

 

“Thanks,” I said as I stepped inside and pushed the button, grateful for her help and support during all of today. “I’ll see you again on Saturday!”

 

She beamed at me and waved, just as the sleek, metal doors slid closed and I descended. The feeling of butterflies in my stomach, that hadn’t left me all day – I blame it on YG’s penetrating stare – finally decided to lay off and give me a break.

 

Thank god. I’ve had enough excitement for one day! Heaven knows how I’ll cope when the actual date comes around…Saturday seems so far away – unfortunately – even though it is only a couple of days away!

 

“OHMYGOSHHOWWASIT?!” squealed Bom, without taking a single breath, as I walked out of the elevator and straight into her expecting arms, earning myself an hug –  similar to the one that I had recently received from Seungri!

 

“It was…interesting, to say the least,” I replied with a smile, as I remembered each of the BigBang boys – one more so than the others!

 

“ONLY INTERESTING?! What about mind-blowing? Or extraordinary?! Or…or a once-in-a-lifetime moment?!” she screeched at me, as she flailed her arms about enthusiastically, causing a few raised-eyebrows and disapproving glares from onlookers.

 

“It was all of that too!” I reassured her with a laugh. God knows it was!

 

She nodded, seemingly content that I had felt what she had described, as she took my arm and whisked me out of the building. As we waited outside for a few seconds, while Bom tried to hail a passing taxi, she turned to me with an enormous smile stretched across her face. This could not bode well for me…at all.

 

“Okay, now that we are away from there,” she started, as we hopped inside the taxi that she had managed to signal. “You simply must tell me everything that they said and did!”

 

Dear god…I have the feeling that this may take a while!

 

 


 

 

Dara’s POV:

 

Today was the day.

 

Today WAS THE day.

 

Today was the day.

 

Saturday had finally arrived – much to my unashamed delight – and starting from eleven o’clock this morning, I would be going on a date with no other that the Choi Seunghyun, that could last well into the night, if things went well today!

 

I hummed a cheerful tune to myself, as I quickly swept the floor of my shop that was littered with wilted petals, crushed leaves and broken stems. I had only come in this morning to receive my flower delivery for the coming week and to collect my mail, etc.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m going to have to close soon,” I told an elderly woman, who was examining my rose and tulip arrangements from the previous day.

 

“Oh…that’s okay, dear,” she replied, turning to me with a kind smile. “I would like that one in the corner.”

 

“Yes…the white roses go well with the lilac tulips, don’t they,” I said with an approving nod, as I abandoned my broom against one of the display tables, in favour of carefully picking up the requested bouquet of flowers.

 

“Yes…it’s my granddaughter’s birthday today,” she said as she handed me the money and I gave her the flowers. “I think that these flowers will go nice with the bracelet that I’ve already bought her.”

 

“They most definitely will! Everyone loves receiving beautiful flowers for a special occasion,” I declared as I escorted her out of the door, making sure to change the sign hanging in the window, from ‘open’ to ‘closed’. “Tell her that I hope that she has a wonderful birthday!”

 

“Many thankyou’s, my child,” said the woman appreciatively, as she waved goodbye and headed down the street. “I will!”

 

With a smile, I plodded back inside to resume my cleaning – I only have a couple of hours before the date, and Bom insisted that I return home at least two hours before it starts so that she can make me pretty.

 

Ugh…one of her makeovers. I can’t say that I’m looking forward to that! When she approached me about doing my hair and makeup, etc last night, I was a bit sceptical, but she really wanted to, and what kind of sister would I be if I refused her?

 

The sudden sound of the store’s front door opening swiftly bringing me out of my thoughts about the torture that I will be undertaking at the hands of my sister in a few hours. That was being dramatic, but hey, I’m female – it’s what we do best!

 

“I’m terribly sorry, but the store’s shut now!” I said to the two males that had just entered the shop, and were currently inspecting the floral arrangements displayed in the window with their backs turned to me. “I kind of have somewhere I need to be…soon.”

 

“I’m sure that it doesn’t matter if you’re a bit late,” chuckled the taller male, in a freakishly familiar voice as he turned around. “It’s not as if anyone’s ever on time, nowadays!”

 

My eyes widened considerably, as they both removed their large tinted sunglasses, caps and hoodies to reveal a beaming Seungri and a grinning TOP. I rubbed my eyes and actually pinched myself to check that this wasn’t just a hallucination due to the – incredibly – small amount of sleep that I’d had last night.

 

“Wha-What are you doing here?” I asked, still completely and utterly shocked that these two were standing in my humble shop.

 

“We’re here to buy flowers, silly!” said Seungri as his smile got – if that was even possible?! – larger.

 

“Bu-But how?!” I stammered like an idiot.

 

How in God’s name did they manage to locate the shop? It’s not as if I was ‘up there’ when it came to the flower industry…and I was in a quiet street.

 

“We found you using Google,” supplied Seungri helpfully as he gazed about the shop, taking in the colourful array of flowers.

 

“It has its uses,” added TOP a tad sheepishly, as he scratched the back of his head. “And we were keen to see what your shop looked like.”

 

I resisted the urge to ‘naw’ at their cuteness and instead put on my business face and squared my shoulders.

 

“Oh-kay. Well what did you have in mind, exactly?” I asked, as Seungri bounded off to the other side of the store to look at the flowers there, leaving TOP and I – kind of – alone.

 

“Uh…”

 

“Well what type of flower does this person like?” I asked, trying to ignore the ache in my chest at the thought of him buying flowers for a girl he liked.

 

“I…uh…haven’t really asked her…”

 

Suspicions confirmed. Perhaps I could put something in the flowers he buys her? Or is that a little extreme considering that we weren’t – sadly – dating (as of yet!) and he barely knew me?

 

“Well I don-”

 

“What kind of flowers do you like?” he asked suddenly, interrupting what I was going to say.

 

“I like lilies bu-”

 

“Then I would like some lilies,” he affirmed with a definite nod. “What colour do you prefer?”

 

“White. But honestly, I have no idea why you’re asking me this! The person that you’re buying these flowers for may not even like lilies!”

 

He frowned and regarded me with a questioning look on his face.

 

“You haven’t figured it out yet?” He asked softly, with an amused smile on his face, as he took a step towards me, so that we were barely centimetres apart.

 

“Figured what out?!” I snapped at him.

 

I was getting sick and tired of this mind-game that he was playing with me, and the fact that I was still smarting over the thought of him purchasing flowers for some girl, wasn’t exactly helping my now-sour mood.

 

“Dara…the flowers are for you,” he chuckled with an amused glint in his eyes. “I wanted to give you flowers later on during our date, and seeing as how I didn’t know what you liked…I came here.”

 

Gazing into his charming, coffee-coloured eyes, I saw the truth of what he was saying glimmering within them, and I had to clutch at a nearby table for support in remaining upright seeing as my legs turned to mush and my knees practically gave way.

 

Good god, what is to become of me?! I couldn’t possibly be falling for a famous K-POP star, could I? The thought alone sobered me up. It must just be the fangirl within me; the idea of falling for someone without knowing the truth about them – and not just what the media claimed – was simply ludicrous. Yes…it was just a celebrity crush. Nothing more…I think.

 

“I know that it kind of ruins the whole surprise, I guess,” he continued, seemingly unaware of my internal emotional turmoil, as he picked up and studied a nearby bouquet. “But I didn’t want to get you something that you didn-

 

“You’re buying flowers…for me?” I interrupted shyly, feeling the heat quickly rush to my cheeks.

 

I was amazed at how…sweet he was being. I didn’t realise that apart from being a ‘major-hot-kpop-rapper-with-an-incredibly-y-voice’ he was a genuinely kind and considerate person too! And that only adds to his existing charm­ and allure.

 

“Of course they are for you,” he replied with a surprised expression on his face, as he put down the flowers and stared at me. “Whom else would they be for?”

 

And that brightened my mood completely. 

 


 

Ok...so I've had this chappie done for while and I was going to post it but then AFF crashed and died...and I didn't want to update until everything was sorted. Sorry about that!! >< 

But anyway!! Finally! The date arrives!! ^^

I think that I might have to split it up into two chapters...but I'll see how I go ~ it'll be up as soon as I can do it!! 

Love you guys!!!

~ Minspro <3