And the Winner is...

In 30 Words or Less

 

3rd Person POV:

 

YG stared mournfully at the immense piles of paper before him. What in God’s name was he going to do? Hell, he should’ve NEVER listened to that fool Kwon Jiyong! He flung the entry form in his hand onto the pile in front of him.

 

Another one! Are there any SANE fans out there?” he groaned as he put his head in his hands. “I’m so sorry Seunghyun…”

 

Knock knock!

 

He raised his head and smiled bitterly as his personal assistant, Minzy, entered the room. She gave him a sympathetic glance – she knew the stress he was under in trying to find someone to go on the date with Seunghyun.

 

“They’re here…would you like me to send them in?” she asked softly. He nodded briefly before turning his attention back to finding a suitable candidate.

 

The sound of Daesung and Jiyong entering the room broke his concentration.

 

“Where are the others?” he asked them with a frown. “Didn’t I make it clear that I wanted everyone to be here?”

 

“Uhhhh…well, you see…about that,” stuttered Daesung as he tried to come up with a legitimate excuse for the absence of his fellow bandmates. 

 

“What he means to say is that they’re coming…Taeyang and Seungri are still trying to convince TOP hyung to leave the car,” Jiyong said rolling his eyes. “Talk about being such a drama queen – and people think that I’m the one that’s always melodramatic!”

 

“I don’t blame him,” said YG with a depressed look on his face as his eyes trailed over the entry forms in font of him. “I’ve seen the some of the entries…”

 

“They can’t be that bad! There has to be SOME that aren’t crazy!” Said Jiyong as he picked up an entry form from the top of a pile. His face distorted from shock and horror as he read the contents. “OH MY GOD – WHAT have I DONE?! HE’S going to DIE!”

 

“Lemme see!” said Daesung, but once he saw the words displayed across the page his face immediately paled. “HOLY SHIII-”

 

“Language!” said YG half-heartedly as he snatched the form from Daesung’s fingertips. “Okay, I’ve worked out a system. This pile here is for the REALLY freaky entries – the ones that make you want to claw your eyes out. This second pile is for the slightly less creepy ones – the ones who, if worst comes to worse, we can choose to go on the date.”

 

“What’s this space here for?” Daesung asked pointing to a cleared section of the desk, causing YG to sigh dramatically.

 

“That was going to be the pile for the fangirls that I would love to send on the date with Seunghyun…as you can see, there are none so far,” he said with a grimace. “The competition closed last night…so I have to make the announcement tomorrow, and to be honest, I’m dreading it.”

 

“What’s this pile here?” asked Jiyong pointing to a massive stack of paper on the floor.

 

“Those are the entries that I haven’t read yet – as you can see, there are quite a few…thousand!” he rubbed his eyes as if to try and stay awake. “Grab some and start sorting them into the various piles…hopefully we can at least find ONE person that fits the bill, so to speak!”

 

The two boys, and YG each grabbed a handful of entries and began sorting through them, pausing only to shudder at the more disturbing ones.

 

“Sorry we’re late! We had an…incident at the car,” explained Taeyang, as he, Seungri and TOP entered the room, the latter looking as if he was heading to the chopping block.

 

“Grab some entries and start sorting through them…put the freaky ones there, the slightly less creepy ones here, and the good ones over there,” said YG distractedly, indicating each of the piles, including the non-existent one, with a flick of his wrist.

 

“I think I’m going to be sick,” whispered Seungri as he picked up an entry form from the pile on the floor and read through it. TOP quickly snatched it out of his hands and visibly blanched as he saw what was written there.

 

His eyes widened as he absorbed what he was reading, before he flung the piece of paper to the ground and bolted out of the room like a madman.

 

“Taeyang, go after him!” said YG with panic showing all over his face, as he shooed him out the door. “Make sure he doesn’t to anything stupid…keep him away from moving vehicles and high buildings…”

 

“Hang on a sec! I’ve think I’ve found something!” said Daesung excitedly, his eyes shining with the brightness of his apparent success. “Look here!”

 

YG, Jiyong and Seungri quickly shuffled over to where Daesung was sitting and elbowed each other to get a closer look at the entry form in his hand. Jiyong gasped with shock and Seungri got down on his hands and knees and praised the Lord as they saw the words on the page.

 

“Boys…I think we have our winner,” said YG with a wide grin as he grabbed the piece of paper and held it aloft. “Let’s prepare the announcement!”  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara’s POV:

 

“Dara? What do you want for dinner?” Bom called from the kitchen. When I didn’t respond she sighed and sat next to me on the couch. “Dara? What’s wrong?”

 

I shook my head. I didn’t know how I could explain it to her, but I doubt that she would understand what I was feeling anyway.

 

“Is this about the competition? Don’t worry! If you don’t win it then it’s TOP’s loss!” she said as she nudged me with her shoulder, trying to get a response from me. “Besides…there are plenty more fish in the sea!”

 

“That’s if you like fish…besides, I lost hold of my fish months ago,” I muttered quietly but she still heard me anyway.

 

“Don’t think like that! One bad experience doesn’t mean that that’s how it will always be!” she scolded me as she pulled me into a hug. “And I know that we agreed not to talk about him but…”

 

“Bom! No!” I said as forcefully as I could. “I don’t want to talk about it, okay?”

 

“We’re going to have to at some point…”

 

“No, we don’t!” I said with finality in my voice. “The subject is closed – never to be brought up again!”

 

“Fine!” she said as she held her hands up in defeat. “But only if you agree let me set you up on a date!”

 

I rolled my eyes – she can be so childish sometimes! Makes me wonder whether in fact, if I am the older one in our relationship! But then again, if I won’t let her set me up on a date, she’ll nag me about it for the rest of my life – literally!

 

“Only if you promise it won’t be someone disgusting or heaps older than me!” I said. Perhaps I should get back into the dating game; it’s been a while after all…

 

Ping! An icon popped up on my screen, indicating that I had received one new message. Strangely, it was from YG entertainment…

 

“OH MY FRICKIN’ GOD!!!! YOU’VE WON!!!” screeched Bom loudly into my ear, as she read the e-mail quickly. I quickly swivelled my eyes to the page opened on the screen to find, that yes, I had in fact won the contest!

 

“I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!! Well, I do, because let’s face it, you’re the best choice out there, but still! AHHH!!!” squealed Bom excitedly as she hugged me tightly, depriving my lungs of oxygen.

 

“I-I don’t believe it…” I said, shocked, as I continued to look at the screen, as if that would make it ‘more real’ in some way. “H-how?”

 

“Because your entry was the best!” said Bom with a massive grin plastered on her face and her eyes shining with tears of pure joy.

 

“They want me to go there tomorrow morning…to go over some details before they have the press conference and announce it on the website,” I said as I read through the rest of the e-mail. “They also want me to meet the band beforehand, so that it won’t be too awkward on the actual date.”

 

“Oooohhhh!!! Can I come? Please?” begged Bom as she gave me her puppy dog eyes.

 

“Well…it says here that I can bring one person with me…”

 

“AHHHHH!!!! I THINK THAT I’VE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!!!” she screamed as she bounced up and down in her enthusiasm.

 

“You have a boyfriend,” I reminded her once again.

 

“Meh! What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him!” she said with a shrug of her shoulders. “Besides, what kind of VIP would I be if I didn’t get excited about this?!”

 

“A terrible one!” I said with a grin, as the whole idea of me going on a date with one of the most sought-after K-pop idols slowly sunk in. It was as if fate was giving me another chance! Well, this will be interesting…I definitely wasn’t expecting this to happen! I wonder what will happen tomorrow…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara’s POV:

 

“Miss Park? Right this way, please,” said the cheerful personal assistant to YG himself, Minzy, as she led me to his office. “YG is already waiting for you inside – but don’t worry, you aren’t late!”

 

“Please, call me Dara,” I said absentmindedly as I followed her. I had a feeling that she must’ve sensed that I was nervous because she gave me a reassuring smile before she turned to look at Bom, who was staring wide-eyed at her surroundings.

 

“I’m sorry, but YG would like to see Dara alone first. If you would like follow me to the waiting area…?” Minzy said a bit hesitantly, as if she was afraid that Bom might suddenly start wailing like an infant – I wouldn’t put it past her!

 

But thankfully, for once in her life, my darling big sister just pouted her lips and said nothing – meaning that she agreed, as she followed Minzy to the ‘waiting area’. With a deep breath I pushed open the door to find myself standing in the fabled office of YG!

 

“Ah, Miss Park! A pleasure to meet you!” he said with a welcoming smile as he shook my hand. He snapped his fingers and Daesung and Jiyong stepped out from behind him to shake my hand also.

 

“H-Hi!” I said shyly as they stood before me. How was I supposed to act?! What should I say?! It’s as if my brain decided to have a holiday just when I needed it the most!

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” said Jiyong shaking my hand, as he looked me up and down. “Damn, I wish that I was the one going on the date with you!”

 

“T-thanks,” I said as the blood rushed to my face.

 

“Hyung! Don’t make the poor girl more nervous than she already is!” scolded Daesung mockingly as he took my hand in his. “Anyway, it’s nice to meet you!”

 

“It’s nice to meet you too,” I said with a smile, which he returned.

 

“Please take a seat,” said YG, indicating a seat directly in front of his desk. Jiyong and Daesung sat to the side on a couch next to a display cabinet filled with the many awards that YG has collected over the years due to his successful bands.

 

“Now, I just wanted to discuss a few details regarding the date that you’ve won with Seunghyun…but I have a question for you first, is that okay?” said YG as he leaned forward in his chair. After I nodded he continued. “What you wrote in your entry form…did you mean it?”

 

I was taken by surprise with his question but I quickly nodded.

 

“Yes…I did,” I said softly as I traced the outline of the armrest of my chair. He nodded, seemingly satisfied with my answer.

 

“Good. Now, I wanted to know if you’re okay if we filmed some parts of your date?” he began before he launched into a long talk about many technical and small details…most of which I couldn’t remember afterwards – thankfully he gave me a summary sheet!

 

Some I agreed to, to a certain extent. For example, while I was okay with them filming the date, I didn’t want to have any interviews with anyone about it or attend any press conferences – thankfully he respected my wishes! Others, I flat out refused. For example, I didn’t want TOP to serenade me at the park…that would just be awkward – for all parties involved!

 

“Sorry we’re late!” gasped an out-of-breath Seungri as he burst into the room with Taeyang close on his heels. YG frowned but indicated for them to stand next to the couch where Jiyong and Daesung were sitting.

 

“Wow! You’re really pretty!” said Seungri as he noticed my presence in the room. He beamed at me and then, surprisingly, gave me a hug. “Hyung’s lucky to have a date with you!”

 

“For once you’re right, Seungri!” said Taeyang as he gave me a flirty wink, as he shook my hand, causing me to blush.

 

“Oh for heaven’s sake! Just sit down! I have some more things that I need to discuss with Dara, and I don’t need you lot distracting her,” said YG as he rolled his eyes. “Why I asked you lot to come I have no idea!”

 

“Because you can’t bear to be without us!” came an incredibly deep voice from behind me. “Sorry I’m late, I had some…issues to deal with.”

 

“Hmph! We can discuss that later! But for now, I would like you to meet Miss Park Sandara – I have a feeling that it is YOU who is the lucky one in this circumstance!” said YG with an unreadable expression on his face.

 

I heard a deep chuckle come from behind me. I turned around in my chair, to find myself looking into the most beautiful pair of chocolate brown eyes I have ever seen. And the sight, quite literally, took my breath away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi everyone!!! ^^ I seriously love you guys so much...in truth, I wasn't going to update this until after my exam week (which is next week) but your comments inspired me to write an update!! :D 

but yeah...because of my exam week (and I'm going away the week after = no internet) I won't be updateing for a while...sorry :'(

Anyway, watcha think of the update??!!! Lemme know your thoughts!!

Love Minspro <3

p.s. it's essential to the plotline that you don't find out what Dara wrote until the very end of this fic...but it'll be worth it!! Hopefully!! :D

p.p.s. one more thing...at this stage everyone but TOP has read Dara's entry...another thing crucial to the storyline.

p.p.p.s. I can't believe that nobody picked up on the 'person' that Dara and Bom keep referring to! He plays a maor role in deciding the outcome of this fic!