The (Un)Lucky Idol

In 30 Words or Less

The pen is mightier than the sword. I never understood what this meant until now, now that I know that words can change a person’s life, for better or for worse.

But wait, I’m getting ahead of myself! Perhaps I should start at the beginning, on the day that this all started.

It’s funny, looking back on that day; I felt like a dead man walking, when in fact, that was when my life actually started…

 ================================================================================================================

 

TOP’s POV:

 

“WHAT THE @#$% WERE YOU THINKING?!” I roared at my best friend as I burst into our dormitory, not caring about the shocked, and slightly fearful, looks of my other band-mates. “SERIOUSLY, DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIGGIN’ IDEA WHAT YOU’VE DONE?!”

 

Jiyong looked up at me from his slouched position on the slightly worn, black leather couch which was in front of the TV, while Daesung, Seungri and Taeyang slunk away to hide in one of the bedrooms. None of them wanted to be used as Jiyong’s human shield.

 

“I take it that you’ve had the meeting with YG,” he said smugly. I swear that my vision went red as I headed in his direction, intent on murdering that bastard.

 

“DAMN STRAIGHT I HAVE!!!” I shouted furiously as I grabbed his shoulders and flung him against the wall. “WHY THE @#$% DID YOU DO IT?!”

 

“You threatened to cook Gaho!” He said simply as he shrugged his shoulders, and walked away from me. HOW DARE HE!!!!

 

“Wait, what?! You did this because I threatened to cook your damn dog?!” I shouted at him, flabbergasted.

 

“Nobody messes with Gaho,” he said as he death-glared me.

 

“He peed on my bed!” I screeched at him as I threw my hands up in the air in exasperation. “He peed on every goddamn bedpost and now it REEKS in there! I had to sleep with Seungri last night…something that I never want to do again!”

 

“He was marking his territory,” he growled defensively, as he crossed his arms across his chest in a rather childish manner.

 

“My bed IS NOT his territory!” I shouted as my vision blurred. I launched myself at him and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. Who cares what YG thinks? Jiyong deserved it!

 

“Hyung?” said Seungri hesitantly as he poked his head out of Taeyang’s bedroom door. “Why are you trying to kill Jiyong-hyung?”

 

My vision re-focused and I realised that I was sitting on Jiyong’s stomach with my fist raised and my other arm pinning him down, about to deliver another whopping punch.

 

“That mother-@#$%er signed me up to go on a date with a crazy fangirl!” I growled as I landed the punch on his jaw, causing him to cry out in pain.

 

“He did what?!” said a surprised Taeyang as he and Daesung followed Seungri into the living room. “Is this to do with the meeting that YG had yesterday with all of the leaders of the groups?”

 

“Yeah…” said Jiyong before he coughed, quickly shoved me off him and bolted to hide behind Taeyang. “YG is getting jealous that SM Entertainment has gotten so much popularity lately, because of SHINee, SuperJunior and EXO, and he wanted us to come up with ways to put YG Entertainment back on top.”

 

“How does this having anything to do with TOP-hyung having a date with a fangirl?” asked Daesung with a frown.

 

“That’s the funny part,” Jiyong replied with a smirk, which quickly faded when I took a menacing step in his direction. “I suggested the idea of a competition, in which a fangirl could win the chance to have a date with an K-Pop idol…”

 

“And you volunteered TOP-hyung to be that idol,” finished Taeyang with an amused grin as Jiyong nodded, which was quickly wiped off his face when I turned my ‘laser-eyes’ onto him. “I mean…why would you do such a thing hyung?!”

 

“Do you have any idea what will happen to me on this date?!” I wailed as I collapsed onto the couch. “The fangirl will probably me…then kill me by smothering me with her unrealistic love!”

 

“Death at the hands of a fangirl…an interesting way to go,” chuckled Jiyong as he leaned against the wall with his hand on his hip.

 

“Can’t you just get someone else to do it?” asked Daesung, seemingly the only one who was sympathetic to my plight.

 

“No…YG has already posted the competition on our official site,” I said with a despairing shake of my head. “And I’ve seen some of the entries that fangirls have posted…”

 

“It can’t be that bad,” Daesung said consolingly as he patted my shoulder.

 

“Oh…I think that it will be, and perhaps worse!” said Jiyong with a wicked grin as he fled to his bedroom and locked the door.

 

“You’d better watch out!” I growled at his door. “I will get you back for this, if I survive long enough!”

 

“How long until the date?” Taeyang asked as he joined me on the couch.

 

“The competition closes in exactly a month…so I have a little over a month left to live,” I said in a fake, cheery voice.

 

“What does the fangirl have to do to win the date?” asked Daesung as he joined the two of us on the couch – it’s a good thing that we have a big couch!

 

“They have to explain in thirty words or less why they deserve to win a date with me, the most creative answer will win,” I said with a heavy sigh as I put my head in my hands. I honesty don’t see how my life could get any worse. “YG handpicks the fangirl…I’m hoping he’ll choose one of the less-insane ones…”

 

“Well look at the bright side…at least you get to go on a date,” said the oh-so-naïve Seungri as he plonked his onto the bright red beanbag next to the couch.

 

“It’ll probably be my last,” I groaned into my hands.

 

“Not to mention your first!” shouted Jiyong gleefully from his bedroom.

 

“DO YOU HAVE A DEATHWISH?!” I shouted as I got up and started bashing against his door. Who cares if it breaks? I can buy a new one.

 

I heard a shuffling noise, followed by the sound of furniture being moved around.

 

“EVEN IF YOU PUT YOUR BED AGAINST THE DOOR, I WILL STILL GET YOU!” I shouted to my evil (ex) best friend. “I WILL WAIT RIGHT HERE, YOU HAVE TO COME OUT EVENTUALLY! AND I’LL GET YOU WHEN YOU DO!”

 

“Well this will be interesting,” said Taeyang with amused look on his face. “Go and get some popcorn, Seungri! I think we’ll be in for quite a show!”

 

I had the feeling that he was right. Things were about to get interesting, but with the whole ‘fangirl’ thing, and I doubt that would be a good thing. But I’ve been wrong before…

 ==============================================================================================================

 

I’ve never been one to believe in fate; I always thought that I was too practical – a ‘realist’ – so I left it to all of the hopeless romantics out there who believed in destiny and soul-mates, that sort of thing…

But things change, and people change, and I’m glad that I did…

 ================================================================================================================

 

Dara’s POV:

 

I was lying sprawled across my bed, flicking through the glossy pages of the latest celebrity gossip magazine, when my best friend/big sister started screaming like a maniac from her bedroom.

 

“Bommie! What happened? Are you okay?” I shouted in a fit of panic as I flung open her door. She turned to face me, with the biggest smile on her face, while still screaming her lungs out. Well, I think that whatever happened isn’t a bad thing.

 

“AAAHHHHH!!!!” she squealed as she pointed to the screen of her MacBook Pro. I looked closer and saw that she was on BigBang’s official website.

 

“What about BigBang?” I asked, the old fangirl in me awakening. “Are they having another comeback?”

 

“No! Look! It says here that YG is holding a competition where a fangirl can win a date with TOP!” she screeched while waving her hands in the air – the sign of a true fangirl.

 

“Such a pity that you can’t enter!” I said bursting her bubble of joy. Her face fell as she remembered the unfortunate fact that she had a boyfriend, who wouldn’t approve of her going on a date with another guy – especially one of the most-wanted guys in South Korea.

 

“But you can still enter!” she said, her face lighting up once more. “And when you win, you can get TOP to sign stuff for me and give me lots of pictures!”

 

Her eyes went all misty as she pictured all of the things that she would get signed, and probably all of the photos that she’d get too.

 

“No, I’m not interested in that sort of thing,” I said with a shake of my head, as I turned to leave. “Besides, there are plenty of fangirls out there who deserve it more than me.”

 

“Is this because of him?” she said hesitantly as I whipped back around to face her.

 

“I thought that we had an agreement to never mention him,” I said through my teeth as I tried to suppress the emotions and forgotten memories that were threatening to resurface.

 

“Dara…it’s been over a month,” she said as she took a step towards me. I took one back, causing pain to flicker momentarily across her face. “You do realise that he’s never coming back?”

 

“I know that Bom,” I hissed. “Believe me, I know that.”

 

“Well then, you shouldn’t have a problem entering this competition then?” she said with determination to get me to enter written across her face. “Dara, you need to move on…perhaps this is fate giving you a chance to do that?”

 

“I think that this is your doing, it has nothing to do with fate!” I said with an exasperated sigh. No matter what I said, Bom would somehow find a way to enter me in the competition – even if she has to fill in the form herself!

 

“So will you do it then?” she said hopefully, looking at me with puppy dog eyes to convince me further.

 

“I suppose so,” I said as she squealed with joy and dragged me over to her MacBook, showing me the form.

 

“Please explain in 30 words or less why YOU deserve to be the lucky fangirl who gets to win a date with one of the most eligible bachelors in South Korea, BigBang’s TOP,” I read out the entrance form. “The most creative answer will win.”

 

“Well, it’s not as if I’ll actually win,” I muttered quietly, so that Bom wouldn’t hear. I poised my fingers above the keyboard…hmmm, what to write!

 

 ==========================================================================================================

Hiya everyone!!! ^^

I'd like to thank you all for subscribing even when there wasn't a chapter up - made me feel loved <3

But now that the first one's up - watcha think??? So far ^^

Anyway, I'd like to thank absolute_angel for the poster!!! Well done, you talented dear! <3

Love Minspro <3

p.s. I won't me able to update for a while...SORRY!!!! Please don't be mad....