Chapter 6

Talk to Me

Baekhyun was completely caught off guard by Chanyeol’s compliment.  No one ever called him cute; not even his own mother.  It excited and embarrassed him at the same time.  He couldn’t stop the blush as it colored his cheeks a bright red, and he couldn’t calm the racing of his heart.

 

Even after everything we’ve been through, he can still act like this to me.  Even though I’ve almost always ignored him and yelled at him, Park Chanyeol will still compliment me and smile that goofy, twitchy smile at me.

 

Baekhyun turned away mostly to hide his embarrassment, but also to hide the beginnings of the intense feelings that were starting to build up below the surface.  Seeing Chanyeol like this, in this intimate setting, made all of his true inner feelings break out of their guarded safe and flood his mind and chest.  There was no denying them now.  He didn’t realize how much he actually liked Chanyeol until he crouched in front of him and pressed his lips to his forehead.  To Baekhyun, time stopped completely.  Everything he thought went out the window the inute Park Chanyeol uttered those three magic words:

 

“I like you.”


Chanyeol pulled away and stood up.

 

“I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.  I just felt like it was the right time to get those feelings off my chest.  I totally understand if you never want to see me again…”

 

He stood in silence, waiting for some kind of rejection from Baekhyun.  But instead, he received something he wasn’t expecting.  After a few minutes of no reply, Chanyeol sighed deeply and began to step away, resigned to the fact that he was being rejected.  At that moment, Baekhyun regained feeling in his body.  He stood up and stepped straight up to Chanyeol and gave him a tight back hug, resting his head lightly on the middle of Chanyeol’s back.

 

“I…like you too.  I like you Park Chanyeol.  I like you so much it drives me crazy.  Never in a million years would I have guess that you felt the same way.”

 

The two of them stayed like that for a while, letting the confessions sink in.  Chanyeol was in shock; so much so that he couldn’t move.  Baekhyun was content with clinging to him, knowing that they were both finally on the same wave-length for once.

 

It felt like a dream.  Chanyeol felt like if he moved, everything would disappear and he would wake up in his own bed, about to start another day like the ones before, where he couldn’t even make idle chatter with Baekhyun, let alone a full-blown conversation.  Baekhyun, however, made the first movement to break the spell.  He felt a rhythmic vibration coming of of Chanyeol’s personage.  It felt…like a cell phone that was receiving a phone call.

 

“Park Chanyeol…don’t tell me…you’ve had a cell phone on you this whole time and  you didn’t think to use it…”

 

“Umm…what would you do if I say yes…?”

 

Baekhyun quickly pulled away from Chanyeol.

 

“I suggest you answer it.  Right now.”

 

Chanyeol fumbled around in his pockets before he found his cell phone.  He had five missed calls from Suho, and seven from Kai.  He called him first.

 

“Chanyeol!  What took you so long to answer?  I’ve been trying to reach you all night!”

 

“Umm…well you see…I have a slight problem…”

 

He explained the situation to Kai.


“I see…I’ll be there in about thirty minutes.  Don’t go anywhere.”

 

Chanyeol cracked a smile at Kai’s attempt at humor.

 

“Wouldn’t dream of it.”

 

He hung up and replaced the phone in his front pocket.  He hesitantly turned around.  Baekhyun stood with his arms crossed, a peeved look on his face.

 

“We could’ve left here a lot sooner.”

 

“Yeah, I know, but if we left without saying what was on our minds earlier, our relationship would’ve been worse off.  I, for one, am glad we were trapped in here.

 

Chanyeol crossed his arms and pouted, looking away from Baekhyun.  Baekhyun loosened his posture, letting out a long sight.

 

“I suppose you’re right.  In a way, I’m glad I was trapped in this closet with you.  Don’t make it a habit, though.”

 

“Believe me, I won’t.”


True to his word, Kai had Baekhyun and Chanyeol sprung from their prison within thirty minutes.  They were now standing on the sidewalk outside of the school grounds.  Kai didn’t ask any questions, but he knew something happened between the two.

 

“Alright…it’s late, and I’m tired.  I’m gonna head home.  Will you guys be okay without me?” Kai yawned.

 

“Yeah, I think we’ll be okay.  See you later.”

 

As Kai left, Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun.

 

“Where do you live?  I can walk you there if you’d like.”

 

“Um…I live across town.”

 

“Oh…well, you can stay over at my place if you’d like, since it’s so late out.  Or is that too weird?”

 

Baekhyun blushed.

 

“I…suppose.  But only for tonight.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but grin.

 

“Okay!  It’s this way!”


Author's Note: *bricked to death* I'm sorry it took me forever to update ;-; I've been dealing with other people's drama and my math class the last few days, and I haven't gotten around to typing this chapter up because of it.  I know this one is a little short, but the next one will be up right on time!  For sure!  Thank you to all the new subscribers and the ones that have stuck around!  There are only like two more chapters left of this story ;-; and I'll definitely be starting on the sequel here soon!  Till next time my lovelies! <3