Chapter 2

Talk to Me

After the “incident” in the music room, Baekhyun did all he could to avoid Chanyeol more than usual.  The feelings he had him experiencing were too much for him to handle.  They scared him so much; he couldn’t let them go so easily…especially when he saw Chanyeol.  The strange feelings seemed to well up and threaten to explode like a volcano, spewing lava into the surrounding area.

 

Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was going out of his way to avoid him, but he didn’t know why.  He thought that he finally made progress with Baekhyun (a little, anyway), but in reality it looked like he was thrown back behind the starting line.  His feelings were hurt…and he couldn’t quite figure out why.  Suho and Jongin noticed he wasn’t acting like himself.

 

“Chanyeol…is there something going on?”

 

“What?  Um…no.  Nothing at all…”

 

They immediately knew he was lying because his sad puppy dog eyes were glued to Baekhyun, who was all the way on the other side of the room.

 

“Did something happen between you and Baekhyun?” Kai probed further.

 

“Yes…uh I mean no, why would you think something would happen between us…” Chanyeol blabbered on, quite plainly embarrassed and unsure of how to answer.

 

“Spill it.”

 

Suho and Kai stared Chanyeol down until he finally squeaked out an answer.

 

“Baekhyun and I played the piano together…you know, the one in the music room?  We actually talked a bit…but I think I scared him off!”

 

Kai and Suho stared in disbelief.

 

“You mean…you actually had a conversation with him?”

 

“Um…well, not quite.  More like we exchanged a few short sentences before I scared him off with my awkwardness…now he’s been avoiding me like the plague.”

 

“But…you actually talked to him?”

 

“Yeah, well, he started the conversation actually…Then he played the piano.  It was really something.  He is amazing.”

 

Kai and Suho stared at each other, wide-eyed.

 

“Man…you don’t know how lucky you are right now.”

 

“What do you mean?”

“Byun Baekhyun is like a musical genius.  He doesn’t let just anyone listen to him play the piano or sing.”

 

“Wait…he sings too?!”

 

“Yeah, he’s probably the best singer in the school besides Suho-hyung and Do Kyungsoo.  But he stopped singing for school purposes a few years back.  Stingy bastard…keeping his musical talent all to himself like that.”


Chanyeol made his way to the library, lost in thought.

 

“Why would he talk to me and play the piano for me too?”

 

He entered the silent room to not only think, but sharpen his skills with the piano.  He headed to the music section and pulled some piano sheet music books off of the shelf to look over, then hopefully photocopy and learn.  This was the first time in a long time that he actually felt like learning something new…and he owed it all to Byun Baekhyun.

 

After choosing three new pieces and copying them, he set to work studying them.  He was a bit rusty with identifying the key the piece was in, so he spent the majority of his time figuring them out.

 

“That piece is in G minor, not C major.”

 

Chanyeol nearly jumped out of his skin.  His head flew back and collided with whoever was hovering over his shoulder.

 

“Oww!”

 

He turned around and saw Baekhyun doubled over behind him, holding his nose.

 

“Ah!  I’m sorry, are you okay?!” Chanyeol frantically but quietly panicked (they were still in a library, after all).

 

Baekhyun moved his hand away from his face.  A red river was beginning to gush from his nose.

 

“Do I look alright to you?” he snapped back quietly.

 

Chanyeol flinched at the harshness of his voice, but he knew he deserved it.  Taking action, he grabbed Baekhyun by his free (and unbloodied) hand and quickly dragged him out of the library to the bathroom.  He ignored the gawking from the other students, and swiftly entered the bathroom still holding onto Baekhyun, and gathered a wad of tissues and then shoved them into his face.

 

“Here, use these.”

 

Baekhyun stared at the tissues and then to Chanyeol’s hand, which had a vice-like grip on his.

 

“Oh!  Sorry about that, I wasn’t thinking,” Chanyeol laughed awkwardly, removing his hand from Baekhyun’s.

 

Baekhyun hesitantly took the wad of tissues and began to dab at the blood flow, leaning his head back.

 

“I’m really sorry.  I had no idea you were behind me.  You scared me half to death…”

 

“I guess I set myself up for this then.”

 

Chanyeol sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“That’s what you get for reading over someone’s shoulder without permission,” he laughed awkwardly again.

 

Baekhyun blushed a deep crimson.

 

“I was not…I just happened to be passing by when I noticed that you were looking at some sheet music is all,” he stammered.

 

Chanyeol let out a hearty laugh.

 

“You’re totally cute when you’re embarrassed.”

 

That was the final straw.  Embarrassed beyond belief and still bleeding, Baekhyun tossed the soiled tissues into the garbage can and stalked out of the bathroom and back down the hallway to the library.

 

“Hey!  Wait!”

 

No matter how fast he walked, Chanyeol easily caught up to him because of his long legs and grabbed his bleeding nose with the tissue in his hand.

 

“Yah!  That hurts!”

 

“That’s because you didn’t let the blood stop!  Now, quit being so stubborn and let me help you.”

 

Let me help you.  Baekhyun almost choked on the phrase even though it didn’t cross his lips.  Help?  Him?  Why would he want to help him when they didn’t even know each other?

 

Taking Baekhyun’s lack of resistance as a sign that it was okay, he dragged him back to the bathroom and helped him clean up.  Baekhyun seemed to be in a trance the whole time, which piqued Chanyeol’s curiosity, but he said nothing.

 

“You’re done bleeding.”

 

“What?”

 

“I said, you’re done bleeding.”

 

Baekhyun turned to look at his swollen nose in the mirror.  Other than the red puffiness, everything seemed to be back to normal.  He turned to leave, throwing the bloodied tissues into the garbage can.

 

“Aren’t you going to at least thank me for helping you?”

 

The question stopped him dead in his tracks.

 

“You want me to thank you for almost breaking my nose and making me bleed to death?  I don’t think so.”

 

And with that, Baekhyun walked out of the bathroom, leaving a stunned Park Chanyeol behind him.


Author's Note: I can barely believe my eyes right now ;A; 33 subscribers????  You guys are seriously killing me with your awesomeness!  Thank you so much for reading and subscribing!  Chapter 3 will be on it's way in the next 3-4 days!