Chapter 3

Talk to Me

“Let me get this straight…you bashed him in the nose with the back of your head and now he’s mad at you?” Kai reiterated what he just heard back to Chanyeol, who was glumly poking at his salad with a fork.

 

“Yeah…it was a complete accident, but I think I did something else wrong, besides the obvious of nearly breaking his nose and causing him to bleed to death…”

 

“You don’t say.  Everyone’s afraid to even go near him; he has such an evil aura emanating from him today.”

 

Chanyeol let out a long sigh.

 

“I already apologized like a billion times, but he just glares at me and walks away.  What else can I do?  Break my nose and bleed to death?”

 

“Don’t worry about it.  If he’s going to be all hurt about something like that, it’s his problem.”

 

Behind Chanyeol, someone loudly cleared their throat.  Suho and Kai stared wide-eyed at Chanyeol, then back to the person behind him.

 

“Park Chanyeol.  I need to speak with you.”

 

Chanyeol turned around.  Baekhyun stood behind him (far enough away that he wouldn’t be injured if Chanyeol flailed his giant body around again), arms crossed with a sour look on his face.

 

“Right now?”

 

“After classes.  I’ll meet you in the music room.”

 

Chanyeol turned back to his friends, the color draining out of his face.

 

“I’m scared.  Do you think he’s going to beat me up?”

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.  In all the years I’ve known him, I’ve never seen Baekhyun like this at all.  Not even when he came in second place at the piano competition two years ago.”

 

Chanyeol felt like it was his last day living.

 

“I don’t want to die!  You guys have to help me!” he pleaded.

 

“I don’t think there is much we can do for you, honestly.  But…Kai and I will wait outside, and if we hear any screaming we’ll bust right in and help.  Does that ease your mind a little?”

 

“Just a little…I can’t help but feel like something bad is going to happen.”

 

“Of course something bad is going to happen.  You pissed off the one person no one even dares to look at, let alone bash in the nose.”

 

“Yah!  It was an accident, an accident!”

 


 

At the end of classes that day, Chanyeol reluctantly dragged himself to the door of the music room.  Kai and Suho were in an alcove to side, sitting on a bench.

 

“Ready for this?  I think he’s already in there.”

 

Chanyeol tired to swallow the apple-sized lump in his throat unsuccessfully.  He took a deep breath and slipped inside the music room as quietly as he could, hoping Baekhyun wouldn’t notice him.  Moving as quietly as a ninja definitely wasn’t his strong point.  Even though he was sitting at the piano, facing away from him, Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol immediately.

 

“Nice of you to show up.”

 

He didn’t turn around, even when he spoke.  Every strand of hair on Chanyeol’s body stood on end.  He didn’t like where this was going.

 

“Come here.”

 

“You mean…up there?  Like right now?”

 

“Right now.”

 

Chanyeol slowly made his way up to the stage.  He could have sworn that the temperature in the room dropped about twenty degrees on his way there.  He stopped a good five feet behind Baekhyun, head hanging low and heels hanging off the edge of the stage.  He balanced himself there awkwardly, waiting for Baekhyun to make his next move.  Finally, after what seemed like centuries, he stood up from the piano and faced Chanyeol.

 

“You.”

 

“Me?”

 

Baekhyun advanced, an accusing finger pointed menacingly.

 

“Because of you, my quiet school life has been turned upside-down!  People are starting to think it’s actually okay to talk to me!  You’ve ruined absolutely everything that I’ve worked so hard to maintain these past few years in a matter of weeks!”

 

He jabbed his finger into Chanyeol’s chest repeatedly, causing him to lose his balance and fall backwards.  Instinctively, he grabbed Baekhyun in an attempt to save himself.  With a loud crash, painful groans and a massive tangle of limbs, the two landed on the floor.  Baekhyun had the most “comfortable” landing, which happened to be right on top of Chanyeol, who took the brunt of the fall.  With their faces and bodies being in such close proximity, Baekhyun blushed a deep crimson and immediately tired to remove himself from Chanyeol’s death grip.

 

“Let me go!  You’re not falling anymore.”

 

Chanyeol released his grip and rolled over, dumping Baekhyun onto the ground next to him.

 

“Oww…you’re heavier than you look.”

 

He rubbed the back of his head and tried to sit up.  The pain from the impact his head made with the ground put him back on the floor.  In the meantime, the very red, angry and completely humiliated Byun Baekhyun scrambled to get away from Chanyeol as fast as he could.

 

“This is exactly what I’m talking about!!  Why is it that you try to kill or maim me every time we interact!”

 

Chanyeol’s grimace of pain turned into a pout.

 

“It’s not like I do it on purpose.  Normally I’m not this clumsy.  It’s only when I’m with you that stuff like this happens.”

 

Baekhyun stiffened.

 

“Are you saying…all of this is my fault?”

 

“I didn’t mean it like that and you know it.  The least you could’ve done offer to help me up off of the floor…” Chanyeol grumbled, carefully standing up, holding the back of his pounding head.

 

Baekhyun stood there, not answering.

 

“Are you okay?  Did you hurt yourself during the fall?  At least I have the manners to ask…” The last part was mostly to himself, but he approached Baekhyun to examine him for injuries.

 

“Don’t come near me.”

 

Chanyeol stopped dead in his tracks.

 

“Don’t come near me ever again.”

 

Baekhyun his heel and quickly exited the music room.  Chanyeol felt rooted to the spot.  The look in Baekhyun’s eyes when he told him not to come near him again completely paralyzed him.  It was a look he recognized as complete and utter horror; and he didn’t know why, but he was extremely saddened and hurt by it.


Author's Note: ;A; omg 47 subscribers now...thank you guys so much!  I'm like RLAB right now because I'm so freaking happy!  I'm glad you guys are sticking with me!  In the next few chapters I'll be giving you a little more information on the sequel to this, so look forward to it! :D  See you in a few days!

Baekyeol foreverrrrrrr! <3